DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY 2: SHOULD THERE BE?

Pages: first prev 12345 last
I didn't mind the first Dissidia too much, but after I realized that Squall was basically good enough to trample over everything in the game with ease, I kind of lost interest.

If they balance out the characters a little more I might be interested in the sequel. Wouldn't mind another FF6 rep or two. Edgar and his tools would be pretty cool.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
LouisCyphre
doppelposte:

Played this on a bro's PSP; it's pretty much dissidia 1 but better.

Assists aren't that obtrusive at all; you can just call a homie to appear near your foe and perform your choice of BRV or HP attack, and then they vanish. If the assist is hit, they're disabled for a time. Damage they deal uses your BRV, and BRV damage they deal gives you BRV normally. The assist meter builds over time, and a full meter gives two assists.

Lightning is... a bit wanting. She switches between ATK/BLA/HLR movesets with L+R, and you can do so while moving/airborne. ATK's HP attacks are incredible, but it really struggles to deal BRV damage; BLA deals a lot of ranged BRV damage and has some weak HP attacks, HLR can boost her own BRV instead of BRV attacking and can desperately try to restore HP; the HP heal has a disappointing charge time and I never got any real mileage out of it. The standard battle theme is mixed and sounds amazing.

Kain is fucking incredible and plays like Jecht with reach. His ground BRV attacks consist of either beating your face with his spear or lunging a ridiculou distance, then beating your face with his spear. His ground HP attack is fucking Jump, obviously, and it is blisteringly fast with a modest radius of lesser damage. It lunges a bit forward, pretty much a forward melee attack. It can catch people out of the air if you're ace about it, though, which is pretty awesome.His air BRVs consist of sweeping down onto foes and attacking, they're pretty straightforward; he has trouble hitting people above him while airborne. His air HP attack is just him throwing his spear, no bullshit attached. It's actually pretty good, but it's no Jump.

tl;dr dissidia 2 demo, lighting's :/ ; kain is fucking kain

edit: kefka fucking annihilated me with this laser spam shit that I have never seen before; it was bizarre since light of judgment is already his EX burst
Yeah I heard Kain was pretty boss. I'll pick this up when I get a chance after I get out of basic.
Eghh... I really don't care about the new Dissidia. The first one was so... mediocre-ish?

I'm not going to care about it because honestly I still haven't finished FF12 or FF13, because.. I don't plan to play FF11 or FF14, I really disliked Crisis Core, I really dislike the style and characterization of newer FFs' characters, and I've started playing other RPGs and stopped forcing myself to play newer FF games just because I used to love the older FF games...

Urgh, I'm coming off like a big mean troll-guy. Let me say a couple nice things- for JRPGs, FF12 and 13 feel really innovative and they're certainly pretty to look at. I did have a good time playing Dissidia 1, except for the lame final boss (I stopped playing after finishing the main story, didn't care about the extra characters or summons or anything). And FF12 is honestly pretty fun, I just stopped playing because I unfortunately had a bunch of the story ruined for me, so I'm just not feeling hooked.

Bottom-line: I love the Man with a Machine Gun song and I might try Dissidia 2 just to rock out with the guy from FF8 who should've been the main character.

Edit: After reading CP's post about how awesome Kain is... maybe I'll still play it. MAYBE, but not for the full retail price. I don't care how emo Squenix makes Kain, that dude was always a favorite of mine and if D2 makes him a badass, then maybe the game has enough good judgment to bring me aboard.
LouisCyphre
as far as I can tell from tone/expressions all of kain's dialogue consists of "eat a dick and fight me"
author=ChaosProductions
as far as I can tell from tone/expressions all of kain's dialogue consists of "eat a dick and fight me"

Hahaha AWESOME. I was worried Square would make him all like "I feel bad cuz I love my best friend's girlfriend (and she used to be mine!) and cuz I'm evil some of the time, duality of man, etc." Kain should just be about jumping in the air and stabbing dudes with a spear in their face.
author=Mr. Y
Eghh... I really don't care about the new Dissidia. The first one was so... mediocre-ish?

I'm not going to care about it because honestly I still haven't finished FF12 or FF13, because.. I don't plan to play FF11 or FF14, I really disliked Crisis Core, I really dislike the style and characterization of newer FFs' characters, and I've started playing other RPGs and stopped forcing myself to play newer FF games just because I used to love the older FF games...

Urgh, I'm coming off like a big mean troll-guy. Let me say a couple nice things- for JRPGs, FF12 and 13 feel really innovative and they're certainly pretty to look at. I did have a good time playing Dissidia 1, except for the lame final boss (I stopped playing after finishing the main story, didn't care about the extra characters or summons or anything). And FF12 is honestly pretty fun, I just stopped playing because I unfortunately had a bunch of the story ruined for me, so I'm just not feeling hooked.

Bottom-line: I love the Man with a Machine Gun song and I might try Dissidia 2 just to rock out with the guy from FF8 who should've been the main character.

Edit: After reading CP's post about how awesome Kain is... maybe I'll still play it. MAYBE, but not for the full retail price. I don't care how emo Squenix makes Kain, that dude was always a favorite of mine and if D2 makes him a badass, then maybe the game has enough good judgment to bring me aboard.

This is how JRPG fans become WRPGS fans.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
For a while, I thought that I was only really attracted to JRPGs, but i found many of them too grindy or slow... but games like star ocean and kingdom hearts made me realize that I'm really a huge fan or action RPG's - with jrpg ish plots (still not a fan of the non-linears). I guess the button mashing helps to alleviate the tediousness.
author=jakandsig
This is how JRPG fans become WRPGS fans.

I'm kinda getting off topic, but just wanna say, I think you're right, jakandsig. I consistently had the most fun playing through BioWare's two most recent RPGs (everybody ought to guess which two, and played 'em as well because they're great), I beat the crap out of Fallout 3 in two full playthroughs, and I'll eventually buy New Vegas when the price drops a bit more.

But, I've also been getting really heavily into Atlus MegaTen games lately. They're super-Japanese, and they're awesome. I think I'm just getting tired of the Final Fantasy games and I can't keep bringing myself to play these games, and most of the time I won't have time for similarly-styled JRPGs. I'm having trouble articulating myself; maybe I only like MegaTen games because they let me summon teh devel.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Well, I highly recommend the Tales Of series. Tales of Symphonia and Tales of The Abyss especially. Which I could have played Vesperia as well...
Pages: first prev 12345 last