FREE MAP EDITOR SIMILAR TO RMVX BUT OF COURSE NOT WAREZ?

Pages: 1
I am currently using Rpg Maker VX to draw a world map for something completely unrelated but the trial will expire in 6 days. Can anyone tell me where to find a generic map editor, that has the same drawing abilities as the Rpg Maker series? Needs to support 32x32 pixel tiles, Box draw, Layers and Auto-tiles - Especially auto-tiles!

- Mike
I actually made this for myself but I lost it. You could see screenshots of it on my other project log- it supported nxn tiles and acted much like RPG Maker.

But because people can just whip up tile editors, search for Tile Map Editors on Google- I'm sure there's a much better one than mine was out there.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
Use Tiled.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
post=199746
Use Tiled.

This. It can export as XML so it can be made to work with anything.

And good luck finding anything that supports auto tiles. :p
Does XP support 32 x 32? I really don't like hacks anymore. I think I have Tiled, I have 2 generic editors but shorelines are a pain as you have to select each tile individually.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
post=199780
Mikemc wrote:
Does XP support 32 x 32? I really don't like hacks anymore. I think I have Tiled, I have 2 generic editors but shorelines are a pain as you have to select each tile individually.

In tiled right click drag to copy big selections as your brush. May be different between the java and Qt versions.
Pages: 1