BREAKING/REPAIRING GEAR AND MY ISSUE WITH IT...

Pages: 1
In 2k3, I want my weapons to break after a set number of fights or battles. I have that part working, however, the counter still rises when the item in not equiped, and resets when re-equiped. Any suggestions for how to remedy this issue?

Repairs has a similar problem. I can repair one item at a time. Can I do it all at once and how can i set the repair cost to equal the total damage?

I don't have the script handy but heres the best I can describe it:
Breaking-
If "Hero" has "Item A" equiped, variable "Item A Durability" value is set 0. Battle command event raises this value +1 for each turn taken by "Hero" When value of variable "Item A durability" reaches a set number (I'm using 50) The message pops up; '"Item A" has broken and needs to be replaced." the item is then unequiped and removed from the bag.

Repairing-
My weapons merchant is set up to have a branch before the shop window asking if the player would like to repair the weapon. Its set up to pay the value of 1:1 coin to "Item A Durability" value ratio. (20 damage is 20 coins) It then resets the variable value to 0 and shows a message of completion.

Can someone help me?
it could that be whenever it checks if the item is equipped, it sets it to zero. this is negating the battle command increasing it by one. you shouldn't have to set that variable to zero with fork, it will already be zero. Only reset the variable after repairing.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Are you using touch encounters?

I'll try changing the reset.
No, im using random encounters.
May I point out that if you have 2 Iron Helmets, and one of them breaks, the second one will also break? And if one half-breaks and the other half-breaks, they will both fully break? And if you pay to repair one, both will be repaired, etc. etc.
Now you see my issue.. I may just scrap the whole idea until someone can makeone I can replicate
Lwet me just say if more than one copy of any armor is available in your game, even with a custom item system it will be nearly impossible to pull this off. I'd scrap it if I were you.
its a dead plan. moving on to the next issue lol
Pages: 1