PICTURE FORMATING PROBLEM

Pages: 1
We know that we can only import .bmp,.png and .xyz picture to our game right?
I tried to import a png formated picture, but it turn out to be a "Unsuported PNG picture"
and then i tried a bmp formated picture, but has a "Invalid color depth"
And I change the picture through paint into a 265(or 256?)color bitmap, but the picture became a SH*T like picture
and i don't know how to change a picture into a XYZ format.
Do you have any advice? please?
Dropping it to 256 *will* degrade the quality, though you can help it look not so bad by fiddling around with color settings if your graphics program has the options. .PNG may not be supported if there is a transparent layer, and I have never heard of .XYZ.

- Mike
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYZ_file_format

also from another site:
The XYZ file type is primarily associated with 'Graph Coordinates'. A number of CAD programs work with .XYZ files which are comma delimited text files containing just xyz coordinates of points in space. The free program DXF2XYZ converts a DXF file to an XYZ file. Some other 3D scanners also use this format. RapidForm Free Viewer may be able to view them.

I had always wondered about .xyz myself. Now I know.
post=200853
Dropping it to 256 *will* degrade the quality, though you can help it look not so bad by fiddling around with color settings if your graphics program has the options. .PNG may not be supported if there is a transparent layer, and I have never heard of .XYZ.

- Mike

What do you mean by transparant layer? I have the resources I need. the only thing i have to do is import it. Do you mean I have to edit it with Photoshop? please you tell me when you know how.
Im having an issue with transparent layers as well. My imports have either a black bg or the annoying pink. Im using Paint.net and cant seem to get it working.
-rm2k3 is limited to 256 colors, there is nothing you can do about it.
-to set a transparency: when importing an image double click on the "transparent color" of the image in the preview, it will then blink. That means that specific color will be removed ingame. Just press ok.
-use pngs, not many image editing programs can use xyz, only use xyz if you don't want people easily stealing your resources or something.
I think what Mike meant by "transparent layer" is the color meant for transparency in your image; it is always the first color within its index (at least, that is what I remember from using iDraw). RPG Maker 2003 IIRC does NOT use alpha channels for transparency, so you should not rely on those.

If you have Photoshop or another advanced image editing program (I think GIMP should have this function too), you could play around with its "Posterize" effect to help with your image's conversion to 256 colors (it attempts to "simplify" the color definition in your image, while also trying to keep it visually similar to your eyes).
post=201075
-rm2k3 is limited to 256 colors, there is nothing you can do about it.
-to set a transparency: when importing an image double click on the "transparent color" of the image in the preview, it will then blink. That means that specific color will be removed ingame. Just press ok.
-use pngs, not many image editing programs can use xyz, only use xyz if you don't want people easily stealing your resources or something.

I already understand that. what I meant is when I select Import -> Picture and I select the the picture I want to import, it said that the picture either unsupported PNG picture or Invalid color depth.
post=201349
Invalid colour depth means you're using too many colours.

Unsupported PNG means... you're using too many colours.

How can I decreace it?
Photoshop. Why?

question: Will RPG XP/VX just do the same? I mean will it deny the picture I try to import at RPG 2003 too?
@The_Messiah: I was mainly responding to Atalas. But you mentioned before that you reduced the image to 256 colors, in which I thought you solved the problem (most HQ images are going to look bad if you're trying to import something into a 256 color program).

edit: go into photoshop, open up the image, then select image>mode>indexed. On the top bar. And no, VX/XP are not limited by colors.
post=201362
@The_Messiah: I was mainly responding to Atalas. But you mentioned before that you reduced the image to 256 colors, in which I thought you solved the problem (most HQ images are going to look bad if you're trying to import something into a 256 color program).

edit: go into photoshop, open up the image, then select image>mode>indexed. On the top bar. And no, VX/XP are not limited by colors.

I have selected all the selection you said. Now what I do?
save it, import it into rm2k3
Okay. I'll tell you what happen after that
Be sure to take a look at the image specifications in the Help index. Image size is in there too if that becomes an issue. (i suggest reading the whole index..)
Pages: 1