RPG MAKER GAME TEAR-JERKERS.

Pages: first 1234 next last
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I was just thinking about this, but what are some moments in your favorite (or even just ones you've played) rpg maker games that have gotten to you nearly, or completely, to the point of crying? Also if you would explain the scene and what made it sad. I can't for the life of me remember a scene that really stuck out for me, but that just means that I need to play moar gaems. And perhaps share some of the scenes in your own games that you've tried to inspire the same reaction out of its viewers.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
This has never happened to me with any RM games. Only one video game has ever made me cry (In my defense, I was ten) and with the current trend games are taking regarding their writing/characterization I do not forsee it being supplanted any time in the foreseeable future.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
YDS was really close to crying when Minor Galactivore killed her in Visions & Voices.
Crying in videogames is not very common, and I would think it's even less so in RM games.

You, Corfaisus?
Does it count if I cry from laughter when playing a purposely bad/funny game?
purposeful humor is only sometimes funny but unintentional humor is always pure gold
Yeah there is not much to say, video games are really pathetic when it comes to that level of emotional impact. I think the only thing that ever came close was like Mother 3, I didn't cry or anything but it did make me react (i even knew the spoiler and yet that scene man that scene). As for RM....lol... some can write interesting characters at best.
Craze
I teared up at the scene Darken's talking about in Mother 3, and for some reason when the main Mutant Ape died in Shadow Hearts 2. The only time I've legitimately cried due to a game was the ending of Xenosaga 3, mostly because HOLY SHIT XENOSAGA IS OVER WHAT DO I DO NOW. My ending of Dragon Age: Origins (made even more depressing due to my gay Alistair mod, oddly enough) was incredibly touching/poignant, but not enough to move me to tears.

RM*? Never.
I cried when I beat FFVI shh don't tell.

I would love to cry playing an RM game though.
I cried all the way through Destiny's Quest. Does that count?

EDIT...Awkward. I didn't realize the creator of Destiny's Quest was also the person who made this topic.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I cried when the final boss of HR rasped my entire party.
Craze
post=201909
I cried all the way through Destiny's Quest. Does that count?

EDIT...Awkward. I didn't realize the creator of Destiny's Quest was also the person who made this topic.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
post=201906
I cried when I beat FFVI shh don't tell.

LOL, I got teary when Shadow made his decision at the end.
Sometimes I've cried over how bad a game is. Though not really because I'm not that emotionally invested in RM games that I would cry in rage over what happens in them. And I've never played a good RM game. Or one good enough to make the tears come.
When I got to the top of the Fanatics Tower and I finally beat the Magimaster only to have him counter with Ultima and kill my whole party when he died!!!!!!
When Alrick from Balmung Cycle nearly died from alcohol poisoning
post=201938
When Alrick from Balmung Cycle nearly died from alcohol poisoning
Pages: first 1234 next last