RMN DISSIDIA COMMUNITY PROJECT

Pages: first 123 next last

What is rmn Dissidia?
RMN Dissidia is a Community Project where you people send me your main hero or main villain from your game and I shall create an Action RPG using the communities characters. It will be 10 Heroes and 10 Villains. In story mode you will play through each of 10 character's story lines. After you beat each character's story they all join together. You can't have all 10 Character's fighting at once so instead you can have 3 characters active at a time. There will also be a versus mode so you can pick a character and fight against another character.

Is there are template for character submissions?
Yes the template will be listed below.

Name:
Weapon:
Special Ability:
Face Graphic:
Character Graphic:
Game Name:
And what your character looks like when they die.

What about graphical style?
I'm using the Coming of Age Day tile set. For characters I would like them in RTP style. Face Graphics I really don't care.

Current Heroes
Vance-From my own game.

Current Villains

P.S. In story mode you can only play as the heroes.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
post=204516
This is an idea that has been in my head for a while now.
RMN Dissidia, 15 RMN villains vs. 15 RMN heroes. It's going to have an ABS so it will be like Dissidia in a way. Story mode is going to be exactly like Dissidia where you pick a character and go through their story and so and so forth. I will also make it so that you can go online and battle against other people. Anyways it's just an idea for a community project. If you want to participate in it just tell me your character's name, give me a graphic (don't worry. I won't steal it and I will give credit to you) and face graphic. Okay that is all. Chao! <_>

Current Characters
It has the potential to be a good idea but I think you're being a little bit too ambitious here. Do you have any experience with networking or developing online games?
My friend works for some internet company (not sure) and he's helping me out with that.
What Program would you be using?
How would you define who the heroes and villains are?
post=204524
I'd assume the people would tell him what they'd want their character to be.
post=204524

I forgot to include that. Basically when you submit your character tell me if it is a hero or villain.
post=204523
What Program would you be using?

Rpg maker VX!
One last question (For me): Does the graphic have to be something home-made, or can it be anything?
Sailerius
did someone say angels
A few other thoughts:

1) Basically, if you try to do this all yourself, it's never going to get done. The idea of a community project is that everyone contributes to bring together the final project. Think of some way to break up the work.

2) You'll also want a style guideline for graphics. The game will look like crap if all the characters are different styles, proportions, et cetera.

3) ABS systems are kind of hard to pull off. This is just my personal opinion, but unless you've got experience with making one before, maybe try sticking to something simpler.
post=204529
One last question (For me): Does the graphic have to be something home-made, or can it be anything?

Anything that resembles the character of your choice.
post=204530
A few other thoughts:

1) Basically, if you try to do this all yourself, it's never going to get done. The idea of a community project is that everyone contributes to bring together the final project. Think of some way to break up the work.

2) You'll also want a style guideline for graphics. The game will look like crap if all the characters are different styles, proportions, et cetera.

3) ABS systems are kind of hard to pull off. This is just my personal opinion, but unless you've got experience with making one before, maybe try sticking to something simpler.

Thank you I will put up some graphical guidelines in the main post.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
post=204532
post=204530
A few other thoughts:

I would actually suggest posting a template and having submitters make a version of their character using that template.
post=204533
post=204532
post=204530
A few other thoughts:

I would actually suggest posting a template and having submitters make a version of their character using that template.

I can do that.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Can you please come back when you can put together an attractive, well-thought-out OP that makes me have any sort of hope that this could and would possibly get finished in a decent manner?

Thanks.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Didn't this already tank?
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
why do characters from people's terrible games when it could be actual folks from the community instead?

new idea: tophat brigade versus THE BLACK CAPE
I don't see a rule against using someone from RMN, do you?
post=204588
why do characters from people's terrible games when it could be actual folks from the community instead?

new idea: tophat brigade versus THE BLACK CAPE

This has to be made THIS INSTANT

On to more serious stuff, this could be a really cool thing, but not in VX. It would have to be done by a team of sorts, probably freshly coded to be an actual fighting game, with a spriter adapting everything.

Sadly thats the sort of stuff thats probably going to never come...

EDIT: Also, it would work better with original characters, as in not 50 of the same rudra/REFMAP guy.
Pages: first 123 next last