WTF? IS THIS FOR REAL?

Pages: first 1234 next last

Guess who that is.

Dante from Devil May Cry. They're rebooting the series and THIS is what they redesigned him to be. Note that this is NOT made by Capcom, its taken over by Ninja Theory.

EDIT

Read more here.

EDIT EDIT:

Vid here

There goes that series. Emo May Cry 5!

Maybe thats not emo but thats what its coming off like to me. EDIT: It's funny that this is the second time a "Ninja" team has screwed something up horribly.
Dante was the most badass hero in the action/adventure game genre, (next to Kratos!) and THIS is what he's reduced to now... When DMC's original developer was contacted about this this is what he had to say.

Solivagant: "Do you think will evolve the action game from your Bayonetta standard?"
Kamiya: "Whatever."

RIP badass Dante.
This is the Western reboot. That's the first warning sign. Dante looks like a drug addict. That's the second warning sign. The company that is making this has only made one other game, Heavenly Sword. Eh, not a warning sign.
I can't wait to see what they'll reboot into horribleness next! If I was the creator of this I think I'd be hanging myself right now.
the new design does not surprise me if it's from another company, they don't have the licensing for the original character design, but your right, his badassness has gone out the door
the creators of Kung Fu Chaos will do excellent service for such a killer capcom series
original dante was aimed at tweens fyi

i mean i consider this a step in completely the wrong direction (oh look, he smokes cigs to be cool) but still

r.i.p. non-heroin-addled dante
Apparently the story is something along the lines of "Dante is a psychotic (maybe killer)" and was inspired by Nolans "The Dark Knight". Apparently, they wanted to make new Dante in JOKERS image or some shit.

New Dante is based off the lead designer of Ninja Theory lol.

Tameem May Cry.
post=204970
Apparently the story is something along the lines of "Dante is a psychotic (maybe killer)" and was inspired by Nolans "Batman Begins". Apparently, they wanted to make new Dante in JOKERS image or some shit.
Wouldn't it be The Dark Knight, then?
post=204972
New Dante is based off the lead designer of Ninja Theory lol.

Tameem May Cry.

Ego May Cry 5: Full Of Myself
They said they wanted to design a character who was young and with attitude.

Turns out they just made him look like a Dick.
post=204978
They said they wanted to design a character who was young and with attitude.

They failed to play DMC 3
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
she doesn't stock enough cola. unlike DADs fridge... and theen goes to play his guitar on youtube while singing about leaving britney speares alone and crying.
That.... made absolutely no sense O_o
post=204970
inspired by Nolans "Batman Begins"
oh wow

this game is clearly going to be fantastic. goty all years

edit:
post=204954
There goes that series. Emo May Cry 5!

Maybe thats not emo but thats what its coming off like to me.
my friends insist it's more grunge than emo but i like to call him emo anyway
Crap, just figured that I got "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" mixed up lol
He looks more like a scene kid. And he's having a Teenage strop because there are demons everywhere.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I don't mind as long as his badass-ery is still intact with his personality and the gameplay matches up with the original/3rd one. He could have looked worse, but yeah it's pretty bad.
Pages: first 1234 next last