BEST FRIENDS YOU'VE LOST

Pages: first 12 next last
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
OK, so, I got really sappy and all that crap once I started sitting down and realizing (and allowing it to really hit me and sink in) that in two days I will be getting rid of the best friend I have ever had in my life... My dog, Lady.

I've had her for 11 years, got her as a 2 month old pup - rescued from a dumpster (the jerks). It took us 11 years to figure out what she is - a Belgian Sheepdog mixed with a Golden Retriever (yes, a gorgeous mixture). She is the most loving and adorable - not to mention loyal - friend I have ever had.

She has finally gotten a disease that the doctors can not figure out; the testing all points to some form of cancer. So now everything for her is $500 here, $1,200 there, and $60 for this or that - nearly every month they've told me (the meds are monthly, the $1200...). Finally it's came down to either living or dying with her from lack of food and money due to medical bills... I help support a family and my own problems, so it's finally time for the hardest choice in anyone's life...

Saying goodbye to your best friend. Let me tell you... It's the freaking hardest thing anyone can ever do.
($#!^, I'm freakin' crying now...) --.--'

Anyways, I wanted to know... How many of you have had to go through something like this; whether its with a friend (human) or a pet?

If you have, I'd love to hear them... Maybe help me out a little, seeing as to how I have to get rid of her in really a day in a half.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
My girlfriend lost her bestfriend. He was killed by a drunk driver last year.
I lost my grandma, who had become one of my best friends a few years before she died.
Died in a car crash. We made plans the day before, and I was mad because I thought he ditched me.
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
Thanks for sharing guys, I appreciate it.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
A couple years ago a close friend of mine was stabbed to death. Last year another close friend died of a brain tumor.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
mog

somebody turned out the lights
Well, let's see.

I lost my first dog when my Uncle we were living with at the time (house fire) decided he was tired of dealing with him. One bright summer day, me and my brother spend an afternoon in the basement cleaning off our fire damaged possessions when we return upstairs to find our dog suddenly missing. He had the motivation and opportunity to do it; his behavior after the incident was also suspicious. Then there was that time he threw a cat out of a window...

Other then that, I haven't had many friends to lose. My Grandmother died but I was never close to her, I have an elderly dog who's somehow still healthy and happy.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I've lost both my grandfather on my mother's side and my first dog. My grandfather passed away in the summer of 2005 to cancer, while my dog passed away from old age in the summer of 2006. I was never all that close to either of them.
The 4th anniversary of my little brother's murder will be in a few days. We were also best friends.
I got separated from my "First Love" when I am still at 4th grade. She got transferred to another place(or planet i guess). I'm still searching for her.I lost my grandfather 8 days before my parents' marriage and 9 month before I was even born.

So the point is just don't cry anymore. What would Lady say to you if you are crying now ? She doesn't want you to be sad. Even if she has lost her body, but her soul shall remain until the end of the end. Just remember it
The first dog I was ever attached to was named Boris, but although I considered him "my dog", he lived with relatives in another city... but no one really took care of him, only I was I was there. He died at 2001 out of strange diseases, and it was really sad.

My worst lost happened in 2006, when my mother died. It was terrible for a number of reasons, and it was a terrible year because both my grandfathers died in the same year.

Last year I lost a friend, he was my best friend by far from 2000 to 2004 when we went to college together, we did everything together and hang out all the time, he lived like 1 block from me. After 2004 I wasn't so close to him, and he died last year in a car crash.
This is quiet an interesting topic! The two biggest losses I can think of are my mother who died in a car crash and my best friend who died of cancer last month.
When I was six my grandpa died of a heart attack. I didn't understand what death was until I was at the funeral.

More recently one of my dogs died unexpectedly. Her name was Lafawnduh (like in Napoleon Dynamite). The other dog (who we gave to a relative) had gotten sick. It turns out he has heartworms, so I'm assuming that's what killed Lafawnduh.
I never made that choice. I lost my sweet Mimmers (the most retarded and loving kitten that ever lived) almost two years ago and I think about almost every day still.
I can't imagine having to make that kind of choice but my heart goes out to you. I can say that the pain never goes away. You just adjust to it.
I came to school late like usual one day, our year was told to stay back after the assembly. They had an announcement that a class mate of ours died the day before.
He was a friendly guy and always made us laugh in class, never had enemies or anything, that day at his funeral was so surreal. I though It was fake like he was playing a joke on us....
Still cant forget how one day your making jokes with and having fun, the next he's gone. Made me appreciate life and friends more but still miss him ( Nowel ).

I also lost my dad when I was 9, I was home watching cartoon network with my older sister, we got a strange phone call: "has your dad died?" and we were like 0_o... " your dad has died" it was my mom, My dad had been sick of liver cancer.
I was still a kid so I thought he'd drive home later after he visited heaven and took it lightly, my whole family came over and was circled over a black coffin crying, I realized he was never coming home...
I used to pretend to talk to him before I slept after I prayed, then I remember I had this dream.
A car came by and he came home, he had presents from heaven but most importantly I was happy to see him. Then he told me he has to go back, I woke up to the door closing as if he just left and went to sleep in my mums bed.
He also told me once my name "Emanzi" means the brave warrior. I shouldn't fear anything...
Coming up on the two year anniversary of the death of my dog, Rufus. He was the most amazing black bearded collie ever, but he had so many old age problems that we probably kept him living much longer than we should have. It was the hardest day of any of our lives. My dad even cried, and he didn't even cry when his father died a few years earlier.

We now have another beardie, a brown boy named Indy. Some people think getting another dog right after is heartless, and just trying to replace the old one, but really it was the best way to keep those memories alive (they're very much alike) without throwing us back into a state of depression. I'll love them both the same, yet in different ways, til the day I die.
post=205093
mog

somebody turned out the lights
I was going to post something sad but I hit my head on the way to the floor.
Masamune
A guy walks into a bar and his alcoholism is destroying his family.
I lost a very close friend of mine in September. We were out celebrating my birthday and crashed. Thankfully nobody else was involved, I think about that shit everyday. Don't drink and drive, I learned my lesson the worst way possible.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I had a best friend for 11 years. Then he started persuing a 14 year old when he was 26. His neighbor. They persued each other. Eventually I had to start lying to his parents about where he was. He told me there was nothing going on, which maybe that's true. Then his parents got mad at me for lying for him. So I told him that I wasn't gonna lie for him.

Then he stopped being my friend. never talked to me and its been 4 years. She's probably 18 now and they're probably married. Oye. Life.
Pages: first 12 next last