REAL PEOPLE PLAYING YOUR GAMES.

Pages: first 12 next last
So one of my friends texted me and he's like, "Dude, best thing ever - I just saw a guy playing your game" I quickly responded back with a "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" And then he decides to be an idiot and talk to the guy about the game, but failed to mention that he actually knew the creator.

Has anyone else run across a stranger that's actually played your game? It seems extremely absurd, in terms of the possibility of it. And if you happen to run across one, what would you do?
Never, but it would be awesome.

No idea what I would do.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
My game lives in the hearts of all through the infinite power of compassion.
I think it is pretty mind-blowing to get an email from some stranger who played my game.

My mind would probably explode if I met one in person, just randomly.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
post=205316
So one of my friends texted me and he's like, "Dude, best thing ever - I just saw a guy playing your game" I quickly responded back with a "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" And then he decides to be an idiot and talk to the guy about the game, but failed to mention that he actually knew the creator.

Has anyone else run across a stranger that's actually played your game? It seems extremely absurd, in terms of the possibility of it. And if you happen to run across one, what would you do?

I've seen a few people playing Vacant Sky in the student lounge here before. It's not nearly as weird as seeing people play the opening theme of Act II on Audiosurf.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Do you guys promote locally or something?
Sailerius
did someone say angels
post=205546
Do you guys promote locally or something?

I'm part of my school's game development club and they promote student projects.
I think there is also a game development club somewhere around my university, I've just never bothered to look them up, nor do I know if it is something I really want to join or not. I'm not going to lie that it would be cool to have my game played by ppl who have common interests that I can actually see... other than internet ppl and that random guy that I've mentioned, the only ppl that have played my game are my roommates and they're not very helpful...
Internet users = ghosts. Not real people.
My games still have under 1000 downloads is total, so it is highly unlikely that it would happen to me any time soon. However, by telling your friends about your games they could in turn spread the word without your knowing it, so I suppose it's not an absurd idea that it could happen in your school.
I saw someone on Youtube do a run of Phantasia Remake. I thought it was pretty cool, he even beat it too.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I am pretty sure your chances of winning the lottery are better than meeting someone who has played your game by pure chance.
I wouldn't admit that I was the one who made the game...
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
i've actually met a few people who played some of my older games. because i had it on myspace, blog, etc. word of mouth. it is less embarrassing because it is presented more of an art project than a VIDEIOS GAMP.

thing is, people are easily impressed outside of the rm community. shocking.

I thought they are less impressed because RM games are no 3D hyper super power PS3000 Deluxe games...
No, TFT is right. People outside the RM community are pretty easily impressed; which is part of the reason why I don't really take fellow developer tastes quite so critically; they're only a fraction of the actual playerbase, which of whom is pretty easily amused!
Craze
Just because they're easily amused doesn't mean you can't shoot higher.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
shooting higher by using rpgmaker lol

also this is incredibly entertaining and mindless.
http://atomicedgegames.com/canabedge/
Craze
Exit Fate is pretty solid. It'd be way better with custom tiles/music, but it's still impressive (and fun!) as-is.

EDIT: that game is addicting
Hmm,when your friends play a game that they know its made by ya its kinda embarrasing.As example right now i,m working like mad maker only so that i could finish a game for him as a present for his birthday this sunday.AND ITS ALREADY WEDNESDAY!!!Like 31% percent done.Gotta do more!!!
Pages: first 12 next last