HELP WITH RPG MAKER 2003

Pages: first 12 next last
So you know how in VX and XP you can compress your gamefile (Gamedisk.) so it can be played by people on other computers and prevent them from editing the game itself? I want to do this with rpg maker 2003. When I tried create gamedisk, a bunch of question marks pop up. Help please. I have all these old 2003 games.
Also, how do you include the rtp in xp so people don't have to download it,
Well, I have forgotten how 2k3 works, but as for your XP question, when you compress your game, there should be a checkbox that asks if you want to include the RTP.
You should see this:

Pack Project into Gamedisk Format

Disk Path
A:\

Option
â–¡ Include Runtime Package in Gamedisk
I click on compress button.

A: is default directory.

Under A: is a button with a check box that says:

ENCRYPT GAME DATA.

Are you guys sure you're not mixing xp with vx?
I went back and looked at both XP and 2k3.

For XP you're probably gonna have to put the RTP on manually.

As for your problem with 2k3, it shouldn't do that. 2k3 is the one that has the checkbox to include the RTP... I got them messed up.
I thought I would have to put it on manually.
Shit. I read "rtp in xp" but it didn't register. Sorry.
However, about the question marks that appear after u compress a game in 2003. Can that be fixed?

Another question is when i go in full screen (And sometimes small) mode, the title screen will appear, the some slowdown will occur. The screen will keep flashing black then everything freezes. Then a blue screen appears and restards my cpu.
Are you sure you put the game somewhere that actually exists on your computer, because I believe "A:" is the Floppy Disk drive.
I saved it to a folder. But when I load the installer all I see is "?????".

Also, if anyone can help with the screen flicker problem.
I'm guessing this is some leftover in japanese that isn't supported fully.
I get these lines of ???? as well, but I simply just press through the steps until I get an executable game file.
Which returns to my screen flicker problem. When I run/play/test any rpg maker 2003 game, my screen wil. keep flicking black screens while I'm playing, It'll then freeze and few seconds later, a blue screen appears with code dumping files/code and then it restarts my computer. Prehaps it has something to do with windows 7. But 95, vx, and xp all work without this problem, but 2000, and 2003 have this problem constantly.
I am using Windows 7 as well. Professional. I'm not experiencing any such problems related to RPG-maker 2003.
However, I've never tried to get a game file from a gamedisc on Win7.
What error message do you get when you get the blue screen? Perhaps it could further explain the problem.
Maybe it's because I have windows 7 ultimate. nah... While playing 2000/2003, and the black screen flick thing happends' a blue error screen pops up. The only part of all that coded text that was readable was my cpu was dumping something(probably code) in percents. Then it restards my computer.

On further inspection, I found that after I exit full screen mode in vx (and only vx) my cpu says something about resolution. Prehaps my problem with 2003 is a resolution problem?
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
As I remember, RM2K3's gamedisk utility was never translated (or was done as an afterthought) because packing the game for distribution yourself with something like WinRAR or 7-Zip is far better.

There's no game encryption in RM2K(3), by the way, and the ones featured in XP and VX are easy to crack open. I wouldn't bother with encryption as it only serves to alienate possible players.
Ok, so nobody can help with my second problem. Oh well.

Alienate? How so? Plus, you can encrypt it yourself.
Pages: first 12 next last