WHO ELSE PLAYS DWARF FORTRESS HERE?

Pages: 1
I know Max, Shinan, Geodude, and Neok do, but I don't think anyone else does. I play Mixmod, and I'm waiting for everyone else with a mod to make True type graphics for their mods. Anyone else play mods, and which graphics do you use, if any? I used to use graphics, but abandoned that idea after I started playing mods.
The game intimidates the hell out of me. I tried to play it once...
I've been playing since the 2D days. I still can't get a handle on the new military system.
post=210389
The game intimidates the hell out of me. I tried to play it once...

The game is really complicated, but with the right graphics set at the beginning, anyone can play it. With a tab on the wiki.
I just use the ASCII. After long enough you learn to read that shit like the matrix.
i started playing it recently

WITH DEFAULT ASCII GRAPHICS

hardcore++
ASCII mode forever!

I haven't really played since just after DF2010 came out, though. I guess most of the worst bugs from that are probably worked through by now?
post=210405
ASCII mode forever!

I haven't really played since just after DF2010 came out, though. I guess most of the worst bugs from that are probably worked through by now?
Yes. .16 is the latest version, but since the sprawl was updated, I'll just wait for the coming mega update, quietly playing 31.12 .
yeah, downloaded this, opened it up, tried to figure out what was going on, and quit after an hour. that was a while ago though.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/

You needed this link, and the Mayday graphics set. Or if you can read ASCII, you just need the play along guide.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I put it down after I reach a point where I don't care anymore, then start it all over again. I love the fact you can SAVE your favourite starting configuration now for future starts.

Nowadays I just try to make nifty things while keeping my dwarves alive. I want to make a sealed dungeon of cats as my game's doomsday timer. I would put only two mature cats in there, and then I would play until the population exploded enough to slow my game to a crawl.
post=212182
I put it down after I reach a point where I don't care anymore, then start it all over again. I love the fact you can SAVE your favourite starting configuration now for future starts.

Nowadays I just try to make nifty things while keeping my dwarves alive. I want to make a sealed dungeon of cats as my game's doomsday timer. I would put only two mature cats in there, and then I would play until the population exploded enough to slow my game to a crawl.

You only have to seal the female in there. The male can spore breed from across the map.
Pages: 1