RM2K3 STAT ALGORITHMS BROKE?

Pages: 1
It seems quite inconsistent across the board on damage algorithms for weapon damage, less so for magic damage. although I think the wisdom stat is broke when it comes to spell defense, but seems to work for spell offense. Anyone know the current mathematics behind the statistics of rm2k3?
why dont u look in the helpfile like you're supposed to??
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Why don't you spell correctly like you're supposed to?

Yes, it's pretty common knowledge that 2k3 stat balance is generally shit. Agility is the best stat, Magic and Defense are worthless. You can, at least, make Magic do something by 1) making all of your magic elements have obscene elemental percentages, something along the lines of 500% for neutral damage will do. 2) give all of your spells maximum Int. Influence. 3) Give all of your spells comparatively low base damage.

This will make spells have -roughly- the same growth as physical attacks. Physical attacks are still better, of course, but nothing short of tripling every PC's Magic stat will fix that.
Windows 7 won't let me open the help file due to the help format being not compatible with the OS. So I would, but I can't. Thanks Chaos for the response you gave.
post=211600
Why don't you spell correctly like you're supposed to?

bite me
Never mind this post. I'm the one in bonkers here ~ ~
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=211613
post=211599
Like as if the help file tells you the mathematics/formulae behind the statistics of rm2k3. Have you gone bonkers or something? Find us a help file that tells us the formulae first before you make yourself look silly.

Hey Fuckhead,

The rm2k3 manual does tell you about its formulae, even for weapon accuracy!

Go die in a fire,
Craze

I've moved this post.
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/7192/
It's been awhile, but...

At 100% influence, attack increases the power of weapon/atk-based skills by 25%. Magic does by 12.5%

If you increase the elemental property modifiers associated with abilities to say, 200-400% for physical and 400-800% for magic (double the amount of physical) you will notice an incredible change in quality those stats hold. I suggest 200/400% personally.

If you are very liberal with the defense stat (giving it out in large chunks - as you should) it does noticeably better. A lot of people keep it near or lower than the attack stat, and making armor give out like... +4 DEF versus +20 DEF when your attack is like 25 or whatever.

I do not know people do not make this (very simple) mechanical change. It improves battle system playability a whole lot.
post=211620
post=211613
post=211599
Like as if the help file tells you the mathematics/formulae behind the statistics of rm2k3. Have you gone bonkers or something? Find us a help file that tells us the formulae first before you make yourself look silly.
Hey Fuckhead,

The rm2k3 manual does tell you about its formulae, even for weapon accuracy!

Go die in a fire,
Craze

Except for it's really hard to read and understand even if you were frikken Euler.
I wasn't aware of this problem, as I've only used 2k3 for action battle systems before...
This info will be quite useful for my next game though!
Craze
post=211628
Except for it's really hard to read and understand even if you were frikken Euler.

Hey Idiotface,

Damage (HP decrease value) = (Attack power of A / 2) - (Defense power of B / 4)

The manual tells you what the word "damage" means. If you don't understand it, you are a small child.

Go rot in your bumpmaps,
Craze
I'm very curious about this, but I don't think I quite get it... Could you guys please elaborate further on why is good to have such big increases for weapon and magic attributes? And if you could give me some examples it would be the best; I suck at understanding rm2k3's inner mechanics...

Edit: Thanks, Craze. I'll be looking foward to it. =)
Craze
alterego, once I get back from class I'm going to finish that post I started. It'll have a bunch of examples, don't worry. =D

(I'm also going to make it a big topic of its own.)
Maybe even its own article.
Craze
People read articles? (This is an honest question.)
yes. (This is an honest answer)
Applying huge multipliers to elements is to get around a shitty part of the skill algorithm of rm2k3. The skill damage/healing algorithm is mostly influenced by the base damage value of a skill: The attack/spirit influences are, when max out, still trivial at best which in turn makes the skill user's and the target's stats a near non-factor when calculating damage/healing. One way to increase the influence of stats is to increase the elemental multiplier. This is applied at the end of the algorithm so it will increase the amount of damage done by stats but the base value's effect will also increase so that has to be slashed.

Basically you increase the elemental multiplier of a skill so it does more damage but reduce the base damage. The lower base damage means more damage comes from character stats and the multiplier makes the damage an actual significant number since a stats only skill with a 100% multiplier doesn't do much damage at all.

I don't think you can do anything about making defense not suck though. I dont' remember the skill algorithm nor can I view it since Windows 7 can't show the 2k3 help file.
post=211674
I don't think you can do anything about making defense not suck though. I dont' remember the skill algorithm nor can I view it since Windows 7 can't show the 2k3 help file.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607
this is very informative. especially karsuman and greatredspirit's posts. So far, I've been doing pretty good at balancing my system stats and doing constant testing to make sure I got a fair difficulty curve going. However, its constant battling to make sure it stays consistent. Having the ability with a modified rpg_rt exe to make stats go to 9999 instead of 999 has helped me balance the enemy vs player stats a bit easier.
Pages: 1