RM2K3 COMMAND BUG

Pages: 1
This is a bug that somehow has become more apparent recently in my own game. Here's what happens in a nutshell. The main character has three commands.

Arcanum
Refresh
Onus

The first is a simple skill subset command. A number of abilities can be accessed from there.

The second just restores your MP.

The third attempts to copy an enemy skill.

When selecting a skill, canceling out of the menu, and then selecting one of the bottom two commands, the command will play out as normal but immediately afterwards the last skill I selected would be executed. The command scripts I insert into each battle are fairly simple; so is there any type of remedy to this bug?
so, if I got this right... Selecting Arcanum and then Ability , then hitting cancel, then selecting Onus, this would happen: Character performs Onus, Character performs Ability .

Is that right?
post=213258
so, if I got this right... Selecting Arcanum and then Ability , then hitting cancel, then selecting Onus, this would happen: Character performs Onus, Character performs Ability .

Is that right?

Yeah.

2k3 bug. You can't fix it.

Oh, good. Guess I'll have to remove single use commands. At least I can rename "Onus" into something that actually makes sense.
Well it's been awhile for me, but you could possibly get around it by disabling a character completely with a status effect while those single use commands execute. Your method probably works as well.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Never use 2k3 again after Phantom Legacy.
You don't even have to post anymore, we can just imagine lolrm2k3 in between everyone's posts in a thread with a 2, a k, or a 3 in it.
I actually like it better this way, I just put all of the commands into his first skillset and gave him the defend commend so that he can cower like a baby. It also gave me the chance to rename all of the commands into things that fit better / are easier to understand.
I remember this cropping up in all kinds of games (naturally those that make use of those special command actions). Really quirky bug.
I stumbled upon this randomly while I was half way through my game as well. Seems you've found a solution, but for mine I just changed the commands from "Link to Event" to "Defend" type. Inelegant because it also gives your character the benefit of defending, but avoids the issue mentioned above.
I didn't know that.

I'll see if I can fix it.

If you now other RM2k3 bugs, tell me please, I am currently trying to fix all of them.

Already done:
- "Reflect skills" conditions lead to crash
- Exiting "Order" menu doesn't play the cancel sound
- Enemies don't play the "Enemy attacks" sound when they start their turn
- "Transparent window" doesn't work with "Traditional" battle style
Keep us updated, Cherry! Big fan of yours.
Pages: 1