WEIRD QUESTION....

Pages: 1
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
OK, I know this is probably simple as heck to do and I'm just missing it, but I swear I've looked over everything and can't figure it out... -.- Been away from this too long apparently (go figure).

I'm trying to have a priest speaking in the background:

and then your hero being able to walk around at the same time... I know this is a very simple thing, but I just can't get it figured out... I know in one of the previous RPG Makers (XP or 2k3 I think...) you could set it to run in the background and thus allow you to wounder around without interrupting the event itself - just like if you had an event for birds flying around.

Anyway, can someone point me out in the right direction please...?
There might be a code option to insert a lil variable that short circuits the part of code that locks up other events.. if there isn't a basic way to do it.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
You could use pictures.

As in make a picture of the speachbox witht he text and use a parelell process to display it. (You wouldn't get the letter by letter appearing tho, it would all apear at once.
kitten2021
Hmm... He's on Parallel Process already. I wonder, would a Common Event running on Parallel Process work instead...? *Rushing off to try, will report after attempt*

EDIT:
OK, just tested it... I attempted making it a Common Event; it did not work. So, I made the following instead thinking this should do something:

I really don't believe this is doing anything to help because I still can't move; any suggestions folks? (Besides the image thing... I was hoping to have the words appear each one at a time/)
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Messages innately freeze your movement. It's what they do.

Take screenshots of the messages, make them into pictures, and display them over the screen while the hero moves around. It's the most noob-friendly way to go about this.
kitten2021
Drat... I guess images are just fine then. Thanks everyone... :)
On a side note, you have a very aesthetically pleasing map.
post=ChaosProductions
Messages innately freeze your movement. It's what they do.

Take screenshots of the messages, make them into pictures, and display them over the screen while the hero moves around. It's the most noob-friendly way to go about this.

Instead of this look for Punk's Move during messages script for VX 'w')/
Yeah, don't bloat up your game with pictures and do it programmatically so that your game is also much easier to debug and edit.
Pages: 1