RPG MAKER 2009 ULTIMATE

Pages: first prev 123 last
They do, they get turned into hard coded values when you compile. For example, MAX_NAME_LENGTH is 24 but when you compile all you ever see is the value 24 everywhere. I'd love to take more whacks at Emptybrain, but without the source code, you can't actually say they hard coded things too much.

Even when they probably did anyway, knowing them.

To be fair, I'm sure they didn't have "ease of modification by some RPG Maker forum goer" in mind when writing the tile selector.
Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. "Make it easier to hack, you numbskulls!"

(and I was just generally venting against the use of hard-coded values. I see it far too often).

I keep hearing about more and more oversights in any of Emptybrain's stuff, I've literally had lab students with more skills than them.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
post=kentona
This is why people need to use constants rather than hard coded values.

RMVX's insistance on 544 and 416 rather than Graphics.width and Graphics.height comes to mind.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=KingArthur
post=kentona
This is why people need to use constants rather than hard coded values.
RMVX's insistance on 544 and 416 rather than Graphics.width and Graphics.height comes to mind.

Good thing that Melody scales to the screen!
Not like it matters since you basically have to convert your image into a power-of-two texture or suffer lots of little problems everywhere anyway.

(entire image must be 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc. in a size dimension)
New fonts looks very good using LCD 1920x1080, but some menus looks like a mesh, dissapearing buttons, the UI editor isn't very friendly

@gadesx: Hm, that may be because of the font substitutions. You can remove them in ultimate.ini. Also you could change the tabbar to icon mode, then it needs less vertical space.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

RPG Maker 2009, you mean 2020?
Doesn't have the same feel to it ^^ also, last updated 2011 or so I think.
Pages: first prev 123 last