VX EVENTED BATTLE SYSTEM

Pages: 1
Hey, RMN.
I lately joined a contest where I'm unable to use any scripts, and I have to use only RTP in my game, so, to spice the game up a bit, I thought I'd get a new battle system.
The problem is... Well... I don't know how to make one that I'm after.
I HATE ABS, so I won't use it, and I want to actually use a good battle system, without DBS.
Unfortunately, Common Events aren't allowed, as they're in the database (which I can't use), and I'm limited to only 3 pictures.
Anyone willing to help?
I'm only after a battle system that's not DBS or ABS.
Sounds like a really boring contest. I can help you set up a one on one battle system if you want.
It's not really that boring. It's actually pretty damn fun to do, except actually making the things you hate making.... ;_;
Can you modify the original scripts?

In essence, if you can't use pictures or common events, and if you can only use RTP, you won't be making a good custom battle system. Maybe you could try avoiding battles entirely.
A puzzle-based game perhaps?
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
If you stuck with the DBS, you could do some heavy coding in the Battle Event pages, and just copy/paste the Battle Events to each troop. It's still limited by the lack of common events, but you could have some fun unique battles such as:

-Have a battle command called "Dodge" appear when an enemy winds up a huge swing, and if you pick it in time you can dodge it (duh) and avoid the damage
-Replace MP with a WoW-like energy system, where your skills use large portions of your MP but it regenerates quickly over a couple of turns
-Give your characters "Stances" or "Auras" (classes) they have to swap between depending on the flow of the fight, giving them different skills and/or stats
Unfortunately, I'm unable to edit ANYTHING, other than the maps, events, the windowskin and the title.
I can't edit any of the original scripts, and I can't edit the database.
But... I think I've got an idea. :D
(Also, 3 pictures are allowed.)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Rock paper scissors?
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
post=slashphoenix
Rock paper scissors?

Otherwise known as the dueling and war systems in Legion Saga and the Plunge in The Way.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Heh, the Plunge always made me think we were going to have a diving competition.
Eugh. I hate rock, paper, scissors. :x
That contest sounds...horrible. We know that VX's variables are broken so you have to fix it in the default scripts too (unless it's the japanese version) But for battle ideas, for some reason I thought of field tools puzzle instead :X
I'm allowed to use the variables fix script.
And what do you mean, field tools puzzle? :3
for example, have hammer, drill and gun and solve various puzzles with them or something like that. Then again you're not allowed to edit the graphics so that's kinda boring.

sorry I'm really blank to give any other suggestion :<
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=Archeia_Nessiah
hammer, drill and gun and solve various puzzles with them or something like that.

welp.

i think i just figured out gameplay for the colony. thanks ness. :D
Haha, alright, thanks Nessiah.
You've actually just gave me a good idea. :3
Pages: 1