WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=Avee
Planning on coding a system similar to Jeanne Action, but better.
Hopefully it will help me advance Dragon Quest goes Platformer.

So weird, I just found out about Jeanne Action today. Haha. Couldn't get it to work on my comp though D:

How'll it be better? Like, I thought Jeanne Action was pretty smooth to begin with o-o
I managed to make Jeanne Action work for, like, 2 days and then it wouldn't work anymore.
The gameplay isn't that hard to recreate. It's only a matter of showing pictures and pixel movement. I thought the gameplay's smoothness was excellent, but it lacked options. I'll try to implement more actions such as combo attacks, sliding, wall jump... The battle system was really simple too so my goal is to add some more meat around the bone.

Anyway it's all on paper for now so there's no telling if I'll be able to code it successfully.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Oh, I might as well work on more Story of Ligara, hiatus as fuck, I don't really care for demos even so I did release it here on rpgmaker.net with megaupload, I got two more hunts to go. Then I can get into the real story. A preview vid of it can be found on it's profile, but it's a very old version. Gah game making is hard.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=benos
Gah game making is hard.
Oh man, tell me about it. :<

I'm currently working on the Seinfeld of RPGs. Not as in legendary but in the sense that it's going to be an RPG about nothing.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Yep, you get to a part where you have nowhere to go and what to do next in a rpg project, then you start a new project outta of bordem, for a new idea. Story of Ligara is progressing slowly, but not too fast. I just want to get much done as possible, and finish off the rest of the hunts to progress the main storyline.
author=benos
Yep, you get to a part where you have nowhere to go and what to do next in a rpg project, then you start a new project outta of bordem, for a new idea. Story of Ligara is progressing slowly, but not too fast. I just want to get much done as possible, and finish off the rest of the hunts to progress the main storyline.

Have you tried writing the whole story before starting to develop the game? That works for me every time.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I would, but you know, I do seem to make it up as I go along in rpgmaker.

Have done it for a game I was gonna make called The Trek. But haven't done much.
Working on spriting a monkey corpse for reasons that will eventually be clear.

That, and level designing a dungeon. Even though the game I'm working on is a clear-cut RPG, this level has some horror elements. Should be fun :-)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Doing the final direction for my 8-dir walk cycle. Once this is done it'll be a lot easier to get the rest of the characters finished... it's the upward facing 3/4, and it's by far the hardest ;3; the upward took my only a few hours, this'll probably take a couple of days...
edit: and have a Sidian concept
(for the record, a big number of Sidian's clothing are gifts from a vampire named Leander who he knows pretty well. So stuff like his epic jacket in his other design and the jacket here are vampirey because they belong to a vampire, not because Sidian is one)
Well - my hard disk finally crashed, I had to wipe everything. So now that I've lost all my work. I can't really do anything about it, but move to RPG Maker VX Ace. I guess I really have been on 2k3 for too long. Ah well. Deal with what life throws at you. Time to remake Sealed Link~
I'm drawing some more CGs :(
Why won't they ever end?
Yellow Magic
Thanks to Shinan's brilliant suggestion, I'm scouring the internet for laugh tracks to use in my project. :>
author=Yellow Magic
Thanks to Shinan's brilliant suggestion, I'm scouring the internet for laugh tracks to use in my project. :>

One of these sites might help you :-)

Thinking of decent puzzles to incorporate into my current dungeon. One block push, because they're easy, but I also want to think of something outside-the-box.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Just reworking a old project from rpg2k.
Puddor
~(^-^)~

lotsa stuff!

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Yellow Magic

Oh my God that is the most amazing idea.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Essenceblade
Well - my hard disk finally crashed, I had to wipe everything. So now that I've lost all my work. I can't really do anything about it, but move to RPG Maker VX Ace. I guess I really have been on 2k3 for too long. Ah well. Deal with what life throws at you. Time to remake Sealed Link~

I was about to say "use dropbox mmmmkay" but then I finished reading your post. I'm a bad man.

I'm making a game. Jumping around in what I'm doing, so nothing specific. =|
Yellow Magic
author=Lensky
One of these sites might help you :-)
Goldmine! Thanks much Lensky!

author=LockeZ
Oh my God that is the most amazing idea.
Indeed. I'm going to include the option to turn laugh tracks off in case players find it too...unsettling.
Puddor
A day/night system for a vampire game that turns you into toast if you don't find a safe haven before the sun rises.

and I mean a literal game over do you think I'm going to take lightly to you intentionally letting my characters commit suicide no no I am not.

I'm working through the simpler event code before I move to the bigger stuff. This whole game is an exercise in eventing within constraints in order to maximise my effectiveness in later makers. It's not about 2k3 being 'better' (wha?) it's about it being WORSE, and thus, limitation leads to creativity (and awesome!)

I'm making sure to include code for a Summer and Winter solstice. The Winter Solstice is considered to be the night where vampires are at their scariest and deadliest (it enhances their dark powers) so not including it would be offensive.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
SorceressKyrsty
so not including it would be offensive.

i like you