WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Done the database in my game, working on the second area.

I'll most likely have an entry on the games section here soon so you all can witness the badassery!
It's been awhile since I've come out of the closet... (w--wait a second...!!!)

So, believe or not, your ol' pal, Addit, is working on an RPG of all things! :D

This is a complete "retooling" of one of my first original, older rm2k3 games that was, unfortunately, lost back to time all those years ago. (god damn little p**ck of a brother trying to install a new video driver without consulting ME) I've been recently thinking about it for the past month (well, in truth, I've been actually thinking about it for a LOOOOONNNGGGG time) and decided, hell, "Why not bring it back from the clutches of the 'vaporware grave???'"

So, after a month of planning, prepping, and everything in-between, everything is ready and willing to go and I'm finally starting up this badboy!

-- And I've brought some much needed "help!" this time around.

One of my artsy-fartsy pals, Susan Becker, has been supplying me with the odd custom artwork for the game whenever she can find the time. (which I greatly appreciate)

And my other musical buddy, Amrit Dillon, (who has also provided me with the odd set of tunes for one of my other games that's in the works, "Stock Ticker") has also lend me some of his awesome stuff for the game as well.

The Bewildering Flower Girl

Systems Engaged!

This game will probably be around 15-20 hours long in length. I've also come up with a specific formula which will get rid of all the excessive "grinding" and focus more on telling a good story with more of an "adventurous" twist to it (as you'll need to often explore and look around the world if you're going to have a chance in Cleveland against some of the later bosses).

Oh, and "levelling-up?" You can forget about that too, son.

*phew* (I've been pretty busy lately.)
I worked recently on Czech>English translation. and I translated an action/tower RPG game (somehow X_x) to English. By the way my grammar sucks, but game is completed, full and it's waiting (pending) here on RMN.

I created promo during this pending time.

note* I am not sure where did I get the image for the title, google search found it for me year ago. Could not track the image gain! If the author will find it out, do not hesitate to contact me.(I m gonna be this small > . )

I hope u might enjoy the game if its get approved and my Eng translation won't hit the game hard!

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Addit, isn't that picture of Hong Meiling?
author=SorceressKyrsty

She's usually drawn with blue eyes, but seems that way to me too. That thing on the bottom right corner is totally her hat not being worn.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
but if you do not give your loli a head accessory, your loli will surely die
Well, the hat is within arm's reach. I guess it's close enough for its magical life support powers to work.
author=CAHRULL
I'm not very good at animation, but I'm making a concerted effort to animate more characters and set-pieces in my current game to make it feel more engaging and "alive". I've been grappling with this rowboat animation for a few hours and it's not quite there but it seems to be getting closer.

Bonus: Scheming Flea-man.

I really like your art style. What's your program of choice for spriting?
author=SorceressKyrsty

Oooooopsss -- I put up the wrong, bloody photo! >_<

When I was originally talking to Susan about a possible "concept art" for one of the main characters in the game, I used Hong as an example backdrop for her along with giving her an old -- and I mean vvvveeeeeerrrrryyy old -- copy of the original game to help her out. I said, "As long as she "kinda" looks like this and you change the hair color and some of the features up a little, that would be great." She agreed, and started working on a concept piece. I guess I forgot to put up the correct artwork because, you know, I was rushing for time, and all that. So, yeah...

She stills needs to color in the rest, but I think she did a marvellous job. ^^

EDIT: Oh, and I did something too, BTW. (but nobody cares about THAT)
I'm learning how to improve my pixel art. This is going to take a while.

I've also started working with libgdx. It's unfortunate, but it seems like I'll have to write my Scala code to look like Java code, at least for the main game loop. Functional programming (based on immutability) and game states (based on mutability) are not a good match. Still, it's such a nice language to work with that I don't mind if parts of my game use un-idiomatic Scala.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I'm regaining my inspiration for Level design in SMBX.
Have to finish at least the first world by the end of this week.
I will have the makerscore!
I'm also pushing myself to actually finish the review exchange for STTB I and II!
I must meet my end of the bargain! It's been, what, a month or three?
This.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/5347/mechanic/

It's a lot of work, because I'm basically making it so battle damage is exactly how I want it, instead of how 2k3 designed it.
So, something really strange happened today.
I'm making a scene in my game, and there are different sub-plots for each character. I had them all scripted in a doc file, and this one character's subplot was the hardest to come up with. After a few days thinking about it, I came up with a decent idea, and wrote it down, but never got to actually implement it until now.

I was going to start making it, when I realized its events were already there. So before taking a closer look, I just opened the game and started playing that part. And to my surprise... it was all done. Almost exactly like I had planned, but a little better, even. I had made it myself (like a year ago), but I had completely forgotten that. And even while I was playing it, I didn't remember. I wasn't like "ooooh, right, I already made that", I was like "wtf, who made this???". It was very weird, but kinda fun... I guess that's what it should feel like time-traveling to the future and playing your own game after completion.
author=calunio
I guess that's what it should feel like time-traveling to the future and playing your own game after completion.

for most people that would be 50+ years.
I never get the "who the fuck made this" thing, as I usually remember making stuff. But I'm sometimes like "how the fuck did I make this?" Which is a nightmare if I want to add a feature to it...

Anyway, the battle system is done. I'm now able to simulate immunity to monster attacks based on what's equipped. Anyone who wants the template is welcome to it (though it's kinda for a party of three). And random targetting from monsters is a go. I'm gonna update, I think.
Everyone's art is so good O_O
I will never compete, wowza @O@

I'm making a mix of a game between Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing.
It's not very good as it'll be my first game ! ^^;
But heres a few bits from it. My own base and style ^^:

-

I'm going to have festivals and the option to have children once you marry.
Each sprite will change as the kids age as well. Your bundle of joy wont be a blob of baby forever! Hehe!

I've got a lot to learn though ^^;
FINALLY got done with my emotion icons, after a month straight of working on the bloody thing. I have a lot more dialogue in my game than I thought I did. @_@;

Now, all I need to do is go back and test each event to make sure the icons work properly is all. While I'm at it, also need to downsize the music (I did remove at least 15 tracks, but it's still 1 GB large. Not much I can do, but that's why there's an Extended and a Vanilla pack separately. Of course, I need to decide what'll go in what...) and to fix up a couple bugs regarding abilities (Youmu's Stance abilities, EX Keine's ability costs, Nitori's Stock/Reverse Item/Chemist abilities so that they actually work without causing instant game over issues whenever you lose a fight you have to lose, etc). Almost done with the final beta4 update though! So excite! I'll be even more excite when I get more maps updated and the like too! ^^