WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Forcing myself to work on Missions instead of characters, getting easier as I get better at mapping.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Just did the character bio images for P:A, now working on eventing Esperia's 3rd boss fight.
Finished up the 1st dungeon for my IGMC entry ( a prequel to Enelysion ), balanced a few battles, item distribution and skill-learning in the non-traditional sense ( levels are fixed, so Laine never gains stats/skills the normal way ). Just waiting for the game page to be approved, then I can start posting updates there. In the meantime, I'll be doing new artwork since I obviously can't use the ones for the original game.

Hard juggling an IGMC entry while working full-time, but I can wing it. I wanted to make custom graphics but I realise it would be a waste of time when the gameplay and writing at this point is far more important than making a game look good ( most of the entries I'm seeing over at GameDev Fort seem to be falling into this pit. )
it's placeholder graphic city over here at free spirits hq

I mean, the message box now looks a+ and i'm in the process of shoving a bunch of dialogue in the game it's just

you know

sometimes you have to make do with what you have
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs

WIP pixel art illustration made for the the cutscenes of my SMBX project that I am trying to revive.
Damn Ratty, that's looking nice already. Good colours and really clean shapes.

I'm making faces, dealing with converting sketches to really low rez facesets and sprites for my 2k game.
author=Sated
author=Pizza
Damn Ratty, that's looking nice already. Good colours and really clean shapes.

I'm making faces, dealing with converting sketches to really low rez facesets and sprites for my 2k game.
If I can do it, people with artistic talent can as well!

Hi ho!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
''Screw you guys we're going home!'' XD

That's three for three on the main characters, and about 2 hours worth of sketching/pixelling. Not bad!
That beard... is wonderful.

I loves. Very much loves.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=zacheatscrackers
That beard... is wonderful.

I loves. Very much loves.

MUST. TOUCH. BEARD!
BizarreMonkey
uhhh... gosh darn it, sorry! i didn't mean to double post! In the moment fit of stupidity, please forgive me.
BizarreMonkey
The beard is amazing.

Right now I'm getting Uni stuff set up, after that though it is time for gam mak.
author=emmych
you know

sometimes you have to make do with what you have
My suggestion is using a facebox.

Like here!

It'll give some definition and place the face in an environment of it's own, rather than melding it into another which, as you point out, looks pretty slapdash.

I might be getting confused though! Oh wait, yeah! I'm an idiot.

That's one there is a place holder, ofcourse! Deeeerp, nevermind me!
Damn, Pizza. You should seriously be designing retro pixel-art for mobile/indie companies than hanging around here. XD Same with Dookie/charblar.

Plugging away at my entry, having finished off the first dungeon ( Wrath ) and steadily working on the 2nd one now, called Melancholia.

Yes, my IGMC entry doesn't have pretty and original GFX ;_; because of time-restrictions ( it actually annoys me to no end I can't use Tristian's tileset, which is my own work ). That and the fact its a prequel to an existing gam ;_; - there goes the originality. But I may ditch the chibi sprites and try to go for the style I used in Tristian.

Luchino
Damn, Pizza. You should seriously be designing retro pixel-art for mobile/indie companies than hanging around here. XD

I think you vastly overestimate my abilities, but maybe that's my humility talking. I don't know.

Regardless, me and my room mate are planning an indie start up. We're very excited about it, myself because IMO he's an excellent designer.

Even without custom tilesets, you've done a good job creating a nice atmosphere and adding good vfx, all without cluttering the screen up.