WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=iddalai
The rainbow one looks great, Ratty524.

This isn't a bias based on your current avatar, right?
AceOfAces
Engineering to infinity!
@Ratty, I also pick the Rainbow variant.

-Almost finished with the Xbox 360 controller support.
-Doing some engineering overhauls.
Working on a project that involves perma-death. Players start with 8 characters, and will end with less throughout the game. The hard part is remaining farsighted when it comes to dialogue, character interaction, and so on.

Trying to come up with some interesting ways to have the characters die other than "rocks fall, people die."

One thing I did come up with, that's rather nifty, is permanent injuries. And sometimes it has a very big impact: say your really quick thief-character happens to get their leg fractured. Whoops, there goes their agility for the rest of the game. The tricky part is figuring out ways in which to make these inadvertently player decisions. In other words, players have a way to decide whether a character dies or is permanently injured.

Then I also need to put in a way to prevent or discourage save-scrubbing, such as having the player make a crucial choice following a boss fight.

On a side note, I don't know what it is but I've been on a creative streak lately. Got one game made with Ace about to be released that I made in a month, I'm working on another game in MV, and have plans for a third.

I'm having fun making all these battle systems too.
I'm not working on anything groundbreaking, but I've done more today than I've done in a couple of weeks. Almost all of the game's visuals are done: Maps for 4 out of the 6 dungeons are done (2 of 6 have all their gameplay implemented). I also have 37 unique monster sprites out of 45 or so. There's two versions of each monster, so roughly 74 out of 90 monsters.

I want to say the visuals are about... 85% done in total? Having everything there will make the rest of development speed up considerably.
Level design.

Rough concepts for the next area in Songs from Aelsea. Trying to hash out how it all fits together and conforms to the greater shape of the world, while still introducing the proper stuff to the player.
its looking nice, pizza. level design is meh, really not easy.
----

I am working on some brand new zones for my game, sigh wish more spare time.
Ratty524
Earlier today I read up on the mechanics of Pong after getting critique from a dev a the Stencyl forums in regards to my game, Breaking Out. I... Tried to implement it but nothing seemed to change much and I realized doing so would force me to rewrite the entire ball mechanics which only led to more confusion/bitterness over a short, first attempt at a Stencyl game. So I kind of decided to cut it off there, but at least I got some valuable stuff I can apply to future projects.

Back in the RM scene, I went through the pokedex entries of RMN version today and cleaned them of wordiness/awkwardness/spelling and grammar mistakes. I wish I could finish this thing before my lifetime.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Finishing up the final level of Castles II.

I finally got a mechanic I liked working with and fit with the theme pretty well (platforms on rails) now I just need to finish one more section and a boss fight, then boom! I can shove all the levels in, make sure everything works fine in a play-through, and release this fucking thing.

I will NOT follow the tagline! 2 years is all I need!
unity
You're magical to me.
While RMN was down I threw together a super-rough screenshot of "What would it look like if the people who made Grappi made an RPG?"

AceOfAces
Engineering to infinity!
@unity, what the...? I can't read a thing.

Finished the eventing of NPCs on three maps.
Finished the layout for the Xbox 360 controllers.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=AceOfAces
@unity, what the...? I can't read a thing.

That's the point, actually ^_^

I'm trying to recreate the feeling of playing a foreign language RPG, where not being able to read is part of the challenge. There'll be plenty of clues about what actually does what, like the icons in the menu, but it'll still be full of interesting confusion XD
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Aw, cute, unity! Reminds me of old 90s anime games, haha :)

author=Rebezion
I am working on some brand new zones for my game, sigh wish more spare time.

Ahh, this is cool! I really like the backgrounds and level art in general. Is your character teleporting, there?

---

This morning I finished up the last boss that needed tweaking for the demo. Then I did some musician hunting (no luck ;___;) and now I need to dive back into writing *shudder*

Writing is still probably the most nerve-wracking part of games for me, haha :P
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
@unity:
You should take a look at this game. It has some flaws and problems, but you might find some really cool ideas in there about conveying information without words.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=slash
Aw, cute, unity! Reminds me of old 90s anime games, haha :)

Thanks! I had a lot of fun putting it together and making the fonts and icons ^_^

author=NeverSilent
@unity:You should take a look at this game. It has some flaws and problems, but you might find some really cool ideas in there about conveying information without words.

Oooh, thanks, NS! :DDD I'll definitely give this game a try ^_^
pizza is making me nostalgic for resonate.
i'm gonna make resonate 2 eventually. take my word for it. hah
also seems like really a fun place to explore~

unity the concept of purpotedly making a "foreign language RPG" sounds pretty cool to be honest :D bonus points for voice acting in a made up language XD

@Rebezion that looks lovely! I'd crank up on the teleport effects though. Maybe some cool watery ripples on the background to show you're teleporting through dimensions or something? regardless wow, everything is super gorgeous ;-;
Ratty524
Unity that looks nice. Reminds me of those PC-88 games a little.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=JosephSeraph
unity the concept of purpotedly making a "foreign language RPG" sounds pretty cool to be honest :D bonus points for voice acting in a made up language XD

Thanks! I probably won't go as far to add voice acting. I started this when RMN is down, and will probably only be poking and prodding at it to blow off steam in-between other projects.

author=Ratty524
Unity that looks nice. Reminds me of those PC-88 games a little.

Haha, yeah, it kind of does, doesn't it? Thanks! I was mainly shooting for a vaguely NES look, but really anything in that general era is about what I'm hoping for as far as looks/aesthetic goes. ^_^
author=slash
Is your character teleporting, there?

Thanks! yes, she's using mid-range teleport relic.
Particles! \o/
Tried to make a somewhat stylized looking torch flame effect o.O