WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Been working on giving guards a cone-like field of view and also make them unable to detect you if you're behind objects.

Huge thanks to Sated and Kyoui for pointing me to useful tutorials and VERY basic scripting to achieve this.

author=OzzyTheOne
Been working on giving guards a cone-like field of view and also make them unable to detect you if you're behind objects.

Huge thanks to Sated and Kyoui for pointing me to useful tutorials and VERY basic scripting to achieve this.

You're doing this in Ace? Ouf, good luck, I found that REALLY hard to try.

This reminds me that I have a "thief RPG" I need to get back to making sometime. Maybe the next time I need a break from working on Mayhem Maiden.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Well, I've been able to give the guards a cone shaped field of view fairly easily, making them unable to see through objects is the more complicated part, but I've almost got it!

EDIT: I didn't know that making a system like this could be so much fun!
This is tricky.

I'm introducing a system to my current project where each character can find 2 new weapons over the course of the game that radically alter something about them.

The first one I planned on giving out though is...Well...

When you first get it, it's borderline useless, as "+20 Magic attack power" ends up being just one point more than the "+5 Magic attack power" that the basic staff gives her, which is NOT worth the disadvantage that it gives you. By the late game, that weapon will be REALLY useful, but so early in the game feels worthless.

I need to find another one to hand out early on, but I've only got like 3 set in stone so far. XD
Hello everyone, here showing what I have so far as my battle animation attacks.

Wow. Ok, so Mayhem Maiden will probably NEVER be balanced to my usual (admittedly high) standards.

A difference of a few points of attack power (which can be STACKED with ATK+ equipment) is often huge.

My jill of all trades can go from "my 4 hit crossbow combo that requires a turn to reload after is a tickle gun that does a combined 60 damage while I have an attack buff up" to "OWOWOWOW HOLY CRAP HELP ME THAT DID 120 damage" with just 3 extra ATK points. 0_o

I...May need to completely redo the ENTIRE goddamn stat points curve so that a few points don't make a huge difference, and honestly, that seems like it's going to be nearly impossible. x_x
@hyper99999 those animations add so much charm to the battle. The motions feel so fluid despite the small number of frames. Great work :)
author=Ramshackin
@hyper99999 those animations add so much charm to the battle. The motions feel so fluid despite the small number of frames. Great work :)

Thanks, the whole battlebacks, battlers & animations I did them myself. Regular attack animations are about 12-14 frames, luna's aurora beam is 33 frames. Something a bit different I'm doing for this game and so far lots of people are loving it especially top developers from the rpg maker developers on facebook.
author=hyper99999
Hello everyone, here showing what I have so far as my battle animation attacks.

DOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Those are freaking SWEET. Just...Wow. You actually SEE the person doing the attack and not just a flashy slash effect. That's REALLY neat.

--

Welp, it's official. I'm removing the stat increasing Mod equipment from Mayhem maiden.

On one hand, "Oh yay, a few more stat points" isn't exciting. On the other hand, if you stack them, it's outright BROKEN to the point where the entire battle system becomes phenomenally unbalanced. I might balance the boss to do about 50% worth of a level 7 tank's HP with one attack, only for someone else to laugh it off losing 10% HP (loaded with Defense mods) or someone else is nearly killed by that one hit (no defense mods).

I COULD just give each party member a single slot for stat boosters, but on the other hand that means that's 1 less slot for nifty skill mods, or my stack of equipment slots is longer than a single page, which is just intuitive and messy.

So I'm removing them straight up. I know they're a "traditional" element of other Arum games, but I want BALANCE dammit!

In other news, barring some more testing and needing to replace a few skills you can find, the third dungeon is done, boss and all. ...I may have had a bit too much fun with some of the scenes in this dungeon. XD
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Balance mayhem!
author=Aegix_Drakan
In other news, barring some more testing and needing to replace a few skills you can find, the third dungeon is done, boss and all. ...I may have had a bit too much fun with some of the scenes in this dungeon. XD

Honey. Musha and Honey to my ears.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Aegix_Drakan
Welp, it's official. I'm removing the stat increasing Mod equipment from Mayhem maiden.

I actually really like this approach. Being able to change the rules and mechanics of combat to your advantage is actually much more interesting to me than simply bumping up some numbers. In fact, I don't know why it only occured to me now that this is something I should keep in mind for my own projects as well. Thank you for the coincidental inspiration!

author=Aegix_Drakan
In other news, barring some more testing and needing to replace a few skills you can find, the third dungeon is done, boss and all.

HYPE!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Looks like Zephyr's skies with all these question marks.
Man Sated, you're doing a lot of things lately that I wish I could do for my game lol. I just don't know how to do them myself yet. >_<
E N D I N G S
Hey Sated, think you can help me out with my own version of that? I have something like that in the game already, but it's only for characters (and incomplete at that), but I'd like to extend it to other things like a "quest" list (so that players can remember what exactly they're doing and whatnot, plus any sidequests that may come up), a page for status and elemental stuff, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of the layout of this dungeon some more. I'm thinking for the main library area, the two side paths will lead to smaller studies or something, or maybe they'll rejoin with the hallways on either side from the main entrance. I'm also thinking that there will be a bedroom or two SOMEWHERE, a couple studies, a research lab or something, and...well, I don't know what else! At least need 4 or 5 hints strewn throughout the dungeon for the right combinations, and need at least that many sealed off areas in the mansion for the treasures (or at least that many minus 1). I feel like this place is going to turn out to be SDM Part 2 though...

Although I'm half-tempted to just map another dungeon at the current time, just to get more mapping out of the way...>_<
The total rebalance of Mayhem Maiden without the stat mods is going pretty well. It now actually feels a lot more like an Arum game now, somehow. XD

Also removing the stat boosters made the game feel quite empty, so I made a bunch of general mods for now that are actually somewhat useful without being broken or totally useless.