WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Trying to eliminate this error:

It comes up from my rather crap attempt at getting it to read in EQAT and EQDF by using the formatting Yanfly has for the notebox ( <stat: +x> ). Annoyingly this is all that stands between me and having Equipment Overhaul working.
Once I figure it out I can get back to actually moving the game along, it's been sat on the intro for waaay too long.

EDIT: *facepalm* Why is it that every fix that I need to do to these scripts seems to be a simple 2 second thing... Ahwell, now that's outta the way, back to making the game!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Welcome to coding.
So, I fired up advanced mode. Where's the coding at? Do you have to write it all in the scripts tab?

I'm going to need to use coding for diagonal movements, aren't I?
Y'know you'd think I'd be used to the small things bugging up my program, seeing as I've been doing a heck of a lot of it through College and the first few months of Uni... though this was less syntax errors (Goddamn you semicolon!) and more not knowing how RGSS2 works too well... ahwell, it's all fixed now.

One thing i wish I knew right now though was the EXACT formula for P3/4's damage, including armour defence, 'cause I forgot that I have to give a use to buying and equipping the stuff...
Tweaking the very old marian cbs for a contest game TwT)
p.s. converting tiles to vx is such a pain TDT)
Craze
author=undefined
So, I fired up advanced mode. Where's the coding at? Do you have to write it all in the scripts tab?

I'm going to need to use coding for diagonal movements, aren't I?

One of the drag-and-drop tools is "write code," and another is "call script" - the scripts tab is for "common events," in RPGMaker-speak. If you want a damage calculation to be universal or something, use a script.

Re: diagonals, probably not. Diagonal movement isn't one movement; it's simply the object moving on both the x- and y-axis.
Yeah, but how would I make something move diagionally by pressing two directional keys at the same time? It doesn't seem to work if you just assign a direction to each arrow key.

The diagonal thing is what's bugging me most since not being able to move in eight directions is kind of a killer for a shooter.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Getting back to my old project just so I can have something to do. All resources are custom so all I am pretty much doing right now is spriting.

...you're doing fully custom graphics for a fan game?

Waste of talent, because I really like it.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
I see what you are saying but hey you do what you like.
I guess. It just seems like you're missing a great opportunity to change the main character to someone else and have whatever kind of story/items/attacks/systems you like. That would also get you away from the whole "why not play a zelda game" idea that some people have. But like you said, you can do what you like.

EDIT: also your numbers have the edges cut off of them.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Successfully got Atoa's Custom Battle System working! I think. It works in this battle, anyway! Formatting the animated monsters correctly was the biggest issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XMlx6GqR-E

I got the motivation to actually start creating some content after I decided to edit my design docs and change how the game starts out. Instead of starting in a boring forest with some slimes and bees, it will start with the main character being lowered into a giant vat of lava sharks by the main villain. The video doesn't include the cut scene, just the battle. I need the main character to have a sprite before I can make the cut scene... Bleh, I hate stupid graphics creation!
Craze
I agree with Pokemaniac, arcan. You've got talent! Use it for good.
My as of yet unnamed 'Big' project.

A bit more detail into my immediate plans:

So I've decided that to keep things simple as far as graphics go for the first 'demo'. I'm reusing the overworld map from LoZ, and if your really picky, most of the sprites too. My goal for demo one is to have the engine built and ready for use. That said, I'm going to try and implement a good bit of stuff into it. Though I expect there'll be a few demo's of the demo before I move on.

I'm looking to get four buttons used in the long run. A Standard action button(talk, jump, etc.), an Attack button, and two Skill/Item buttons. I'm designing this to be more like the SNES controller although I've been toying with the idea of using W,A,S,D movement and using the Num Pad 1 thru 9 for actions.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?

Simply pass window co-ordinates and Enemy ID to 12-line script and voila! Instant stat box. No creating pictures for each enemy's name, no assigning stat values to individual variables followed by splitting said variables using the Modulus operator to allow for number display (also via pictures), and definitely no spending dozens of minutes assembling everything via trial-and-error. Just code. Pure, brilliant code.

I'm siding with Craze from now on. There really is no reason for anyone (with an ounce of programming experience, at the very least) to choose 2k(3) over XP/VX.

(p.s. obviously the above isn't perfect - it's a WIP.)
Bad ideas keep coming back. I keep wanting to do a cheesy Suikoden ripoff.

Working Title is Crusade: Search for the Dragonstones.

(Yes I did hear you scream when you read that.)

Just doing basic brainstorming and note taking right now. Might not happen.
author=undefined
Bad ideas keep coming back. I keep wanting to do a cheesy Suikoden ripoff.

Working Title is Crusade: Search for the Dragonstones.

(Yes I did hear you scream when you read that.)

Just doing basic brainstorming and note taking right now. Might not happen.

Sounds like a good title for a game meant to be cheesy/funny. Good luck with your project, I tend to find making comedic games really enjoyable.

Right now I'm working (with a friend) on an RPG about an old man with Alzheimer's, hopefully it doesn't take as long to finish as the last RPG we worked on together :S.
Craze
Finished aspects of Visions & Voices' battle system:

-Chains (Based on their accuracy and Technique (physical) or Focus (magical) stats, Blitzer characters attempt to make their attacks and spells hit their chain max. Every hit - damage, status effects or healing - adds +1 Burst Point to the Burst Gauge)
-Calculations/new stats (Equipment and enemies both have the ability to modify inherent and equipped stats)
-Skillsets (Wanderer and his nine potential companions each have two normal actions instead of an attack command. They also can equip six out of ten other actions)

Remaining tasks:

-Fifth character (This will be easy; you play as Wanderer and four companions at a time)
-Burst Gauge (Nuker characters spend BP in order to deal large amounts of damage to the enemy or greatly support the party; the Burst Gauge is a party-wide resource built up by Blitzers)
-Upgrading passives (As you fight, you earn experience that is spent on increasing passive abilities. This probably won't make it into the battle demo since I'm coding it from scratch)

To better understand how Blitzers and Nukers worth together, here's a comparison between Telia and Lyla. Telia is a Blitzer, and Lyla a Nuker, but both have healing capabilities. Telia gets Second Wind, and Lyla gets Miracle.

Second Wind Restore 15+% HP/Chain 3. Ally has +15 CRI. Costs 4 Energy
Miracle Slow. Restore 50+% HP. Ally has +30% PDEF. Costs 10 Burst Points

Telia will restore ~45% HP to an ally if she fully chains (based on Wisdom and Focus, and healing is increased by Wisdom). She'll build +1 BP every time the heal hits. Lyla, on the other hand, spends those BP to always restore ~50% HP (likely much more - she has the highest Wisdom stat). For the record, if a buff/debuff doesn't say "lasts X turns," it persists throughout the entire battle.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I like the idea of the party-wide burst gauge, Craze. Is there a stronger version of the Second Wind spell that doesn't increase burst points, or increases them more slowly? It seems like that would create a nice tension - the trade-off would mean the player has to choose a spell intelligently each turn, instead of just always getting a miracle every 10 hits. The player would have to choose which of their two characters to focus on.
Craze
You get Wanderer and four out of nine other companions; Telia, Elena, Alphonse and Dison are Blitzers while Lyla, Ox, Marlowe and Nadine (new to the game) are Nukers. Newcomer Sibyl is a "Blizuker;" she is evenly split between blitzing and nuking. Blitzers focus almost entirely on building the Burst Gauge while Nukers spend that BP for powerful effects. As such, Telia doesn't really have much that doesn't build BP - she's a Blitzer! She wouldn't be doing her job well with a single-hit heal.

That said, there is a sort of intra-skillset tension: each character can only equip X Energy skills and Y Burst skills. Telia, for instance, gets 4 Energy skills and 2 Burst skills, but learns 6 E-skills and 4 B-skills. (Blitzer B-skills are almost always very cheap, but are still in competition with more expensive Nuker B-skills.)

To answer your question more succinctly: no, there isn't a stronger version, as that would go against Telia's role.