WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Working on the ending to Bloodsphere. I'm pretty close to joining the "Person who has completed a game club"
Custom chipset for a game.

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
how can those machines co-exist
The same way matter and antimatter exist in atoms: Very closely but not close enough to wipe out the universe!
I've seen it in real life but where they were placed made me question if they even worked. There's a shop in town here where the actually just leave one on and the other is always 'broken'. Many an unsuspecting quarter got dropped into that machine.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
UPRC, those are... clashing, and you should probably practice before using a custom chipset in a game.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I've decided to take two, maybe three steps backward and am now conceptualising an RPG Maker 2000 project. Kicking it old school and all that.

Haven't decided much about it other than the basic plot and that I'll be combining FFVI sprite-edits with music from Truth & Soul Records. This should be fun.
author=Craze
UPRC, those are... clashing, and you should probably practice before using a custom chipset in a game.

Yeah, it's still very WIP and I've changed a few things since I posted that screenshot. I'll probably change the pop machines though.

Also the water. I just stole that from A Link to the Past.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=UPRC
author=Craze
Yeah, it's still very WIP and I've changed a few things since I posted that screenshot. I'll probably change the pop machines though.

The water looks fine, as does the shoreline. The pop machines also look fine. What doesn't look fine are the trees. And also that tiny shack of a house. The supermarket is realistically huge (maybe even bigger than real life) but that house is the size of a mid-sized SUV. Also the roof on the house looks ridiculous; on the side walls, the ceiling is waist-high.

Except for the trees, I think the chipset itself is fine; it's just that the map is not using it well. Try to keep a consistent scale.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=Alex898
Working on the ending to Bloodsphere. I'm pretty close to joining the "Person who has completed a game club"

Ain't it a great feeling?

I'm near-finished with XXXXXX (title finally decided *and subsequently ditched)). I'm only 1/3 done with the actual creation of the game in RPG Maker, but the entire game has been designed, laid out, written, scripted, down to the very last sprite. It's kind of awesome actually, I am super psyched about completing it. I want a version out by the end of January for professional reasons, but I'll probably re-tune it after more vigorous testing.
author=LockeZ
author=UPRC
author=Craze

The water looks fine, as does the shoreline. The pop machines also look fine. What doesn't look fine are the trees. And also that tiny shack of a house. The supermarket is realistically huge (maybe even bigger than real life) but that house is the size of a mid-sized SUV. Also the roof on the house looks ridiculous; on the side walls, the ceiling is waist-high.

Except for the trees, I think the chipset itself is fine; it's just that the map is not using it well. Try to keep a consistent scale.

Yeah, I house was actually fixed. It was pretty early in the morning when I was doing everything. Not sureif this will display or not but:

I was uncertain about the trees originally, and I've always had trouble with them. I'll probably do them again and just aim for a simplistic approach to making them.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The style of the trees isn't completely awful, they're just sort of plain-looking and really tiny. Most of my trees around my house are a lot taller than me, unless I just bought them a few months ago. I'd say most of your trees should be at least as tall as the one-story houses. That is to say, four tiles tall. But some variation is good.

The map of the neighborhood there does look way better than your earlier map. That wood fence is physically painful to behold though. Make it a white picket fence instead of a log fence, and put it up against the edge of the sidewalk.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I'm making decent progress with chapter one of the chain game.
Well, I just made a new tree. It's a more simplistic pine tree. I like the idea of making the trees bigger, which I might try doing.

The white picket fence is a great idea. I'll sprite a fence and ditch the recoloured RTP one.
author=Killer Wolf
I'm working on character sprites for a Western Rpg.

YAY WESTERNS

Also, I am working on a project of my own. I need help though. Here is a link to the help request in the forums I made, I will get a screenshot up as soon as possible.

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/7620/
Just finished all 3 types of battle back and the first 4 base sprites. Oh gosh I feel like I'm gonna die.
I need to do alot more but I wonder if they match?
I'm setting up Yanfly Engine Melody.

I'm also trying a new method for a game. Normally I would have an idea of something I want to do and then try to make a game out of it. This time I've just sat down and written a list of what I want in my game and then I try making a game out of it. To ensure I don't plan something that turns out to be to hard, I'll make sure I know in advance what YEM can do.
Craze
Nessy that looks great and is sexy+. The sprites pop out nicely while still fitting in.
Craze
Nessy that looks great and is sexy+. The sprites pop out nicely while still fitting in.
LockeZ
Archeia, that's really slick. It makes me want to club you over the head and steal your graphics. I am over here attempting in vain to successfully edit rips of Suikoden 2 battlers in MS Paint, while you are making a piece of goddamn actual ART.

I have to say I've never been a fan of circle shadows though. They never look like shadows to me, I always think there's a puddle under the character and it takes me a few minutes to realize it's supposed to be a shadow. If the character were spherical it would make more sense maybe. They are blemishes upon the sprites' beauty.