WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=kentona
author=TDS
A script that I always wanted to make for VX, but for some reason never got around to do it.

Footsteps!

If anyone has any better footsteps tiles for VX and is willing to share, let me know.
ha! neat.
Are the footsteps generated only on certain tiles (ie- snow and sand) or do they always show up?

They only show up on some tiles, like snow and sand, but can be set to appear in any tile.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=Ghost
author=Archeia_Nessiah

I am the mouse of my computer,
pixel is my body and palette is my blood.
I have created over a thousands sprites.
Unknown to rest nor known to stress.
Have withstood pain to make many styles.
Yet those hands shall never finish anything.
So as I pray, Unlimited Spriting Works!
O_O

I can't wait to get to eventing x_x

Thank you for finding that! *me writes it down*

I'm currently swearing at VX's map editor. Again. Funfun.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
I am the mouse of my computer,
pixel is my body and palette is my blood.
I have created over a thousands sprites.
Unknown to rest nor known to stress.
Have withstood pain to make many styles.
Yet those hands shall never finish anything.
So as I pray, Unlimited Spriting Works!

Gotta love the Unlimited Blade Works chant :p

My progress wise in translation of Seraphic Blue...onward to Episode 6 of 22 (the target to meet in June/July)...(I guess I oughta speed up if i wanna meet my target ~ ~)
Uh... Presently working on a whole bunch of databases and mechanic information for the joint venture Journey, with Nukei. This involves equipment, quests, skills, reputation, battle flow, bestiaries, detailed region information, and stuff like that. I've made the transition from Game Writer to Game Designer, weirdly enough. Luckily, I'm not responsible for statistics; I suck at Math. I'm also looking after the recruitment process of our concept artist, and am planning what other roles we'll need for this game, in order for the Core Content to be released some time this year.

I'm also waiting on Ephiam and ZimZamZoom for scripts/information regarding their projects, so I can start writing for them.
Puddor
I'm spriting characters for the VX game I was raging at. I'm basically frankenspriting because I just can't seem to get Mack's shading style right and I want the characters to match their enviroment/the people around them.

Thankfully the cast is small (four) because I am really getting pissed off at this, too. For example, there's no sprites in the Mack set that are female with black tops. The only one that comes close is the Dark Elemental, which uses the blue-black palette instead of the grey-black, so I can't reference off it since the grey-black palette is different to shade with.

Plus, there are also no metal gauntlets in the Mack charactersets, so I'm recolouring the large gloves and thankfully they're turning out ok >.>.
I am Currently spriting my Main Character Kiro out of zack. It is Turning out quite well
and currently Discussing things with ChaosBahamut123
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
For the LOVE OF GOD use notes. Holy shit, son.

Oh, whoa. OF COURSE I USE NOTES. My documentation is pretty intense, though I seriously doubt as much as yours.

I was just saying I have a bad habit of using the database for, specifically, skills. Which is retarded of me why do I do this.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Walls of Dendri, from the looks of the last known game shown up in my making process.
Puddor
Extending my game's ending. It...didn't really feel like it ended with the one I already had. It was basically speech-battle-longspeech-credits. Which sucks.

So now I'm going to cover a lot of things I probably should've. I wrote this ending while at my mother's though, and I wasn't working at my full capacity there. Hopefully this will be much better and conclusive.
made a map, was reminded of how hard it is to make maps look decent with vx rtp, and with the vx map editor in general

but it's worth the effort i think

gonna try to make time to do at least a little bit of work on the game each day
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Yoshio
made a map, was reminded of how hard it is to make maps look decent with vx rtp, and with the vx map editor in general

but it's worth the effort i think

gonna try to make time to do at least a little bit of work on the game each day

The secret is to not use the VX RTP 8)
Right now? Saying bye-bye to RM for a while. I hope it's a very little while like days or so. But I'll be away for ~2 months (I'm pessimistic. I like being pessimistic) due to family problems. :C

In the meanwhile, I'll (literally) be working on...
...A store. Those cheap 0,99 dollar stores that sell all sorts of nasty falsified stuff... And those absurdely fattening candy. And all sorts of low-quality toys, and kitchen stuff and well, you got it. I got to prove mom i'm worth something! (At 16 >_>;)

Edit* And She's the one who got the job.

first ever crude textured lowpoly 3d model whoo. needs a lot of work but i feel like i know enough now to actually have fun experimenting with this stuff! the myspace angle is because an unexpected mapping error meant he had a duplicate set of eyes on his neck (which in retrospect is pretty neat too)
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=catmitts
first ever crude textured lowpoly 3d model whoo. needs a lot of work but i feel like i know enough now to actually have fun experimenting with this stuff! the myspace angle is because an unexpected mapping error meant he had a duplicate set of eyes on his neck (which in retrospect is pretty neat too)

Looks better than my first shot at 3d modeling. I still haven't gotten the hang of UV mapping.
author=Sailerius
I still haven't gotten the hang of UV mapping.

yeah same here! the only things i've realised that help with it are (a) automatic uv maps are generally awful and incomprehensible so its always better to take the time to CUTR SEAM or whatever the fuck manually and (b) if you set smaller sizes for the mapping then its much easier to mess around with, although i think thats what makes the one there look so blurry. give and take, you get what you deserve ~ big star..
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=catmitts
author=Sailerius
I still haven't gotten the hang of UV mapping.
yeah same here! the only things i've realised that help with it are (a) automatic uv maps are generally awful and incomprehensible so its always better to take the time to CUTR SEAM or whatever the fuck manually and (b) if you set smaller sizes for the mapping then its much easier to mess around with, although i think thats what makes the one there look so blurry. give and take, you get what you deserve ~ big star..

Yeah, I agree. Automatic maps are awful. I'm surprised they haven't come out with any utility software to make it easier. What software are you using to model?
Wings 3D, and then uvmapping in that as well. There is probably a much easier way of doing the latter than in wings but for the moment i'm trying to stick to one program as much as possible! If you've done this stuff before have you any tips? (i hunger for tips and tricks. give me all cheat code)
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I use 3ds Max and I don't think it really makes UV mapping much easier. You still have to stitch together all the polygons unless you want to use the crappy UV generators. ZBrush has a built-in tool for UV generation, but that's meant for high-poly models and you normally do textures in ZBrush by painting directly onto the model. Believe me, I've been trying to find an unwrapping technique that doesn't make me want to swallow an icepick.