WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Recently started and am now working on a song for Kyrsty to use in her secret gam project.

I'll share the teaser :) HERE
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
^That's quite sick.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Got battle graphics done for the main character of Iniquity and Vindication, finally! Like, half a year later than intended. I think what got me to finally do it was, ironically, finding a huge ripped sprite resource with hundreds of games, and discovering that no matter what style I picked, I'd have to do battle graphics for the playable characters myself. I just sucked it down and drew the main char myself. I went with RTP style, so that at least I don't have to draw NPCs.

I still need to name my secondary main character. Ugh. Story-wise, he'll fill a similar role that Cole did in Vindication - the highly intelligent, analytical, magic-using friend of the main character (who is a gung-ho swordsman). But this character is more of an ass than Cole was. My design sheet for him starts off with "Dr. Gregory House, Blue Mage."

I hate the name Cole and want something more exotic for this character. I'm so bad at naming characters though. All my characters seem to end up with names that make them sound like cotton plantation owners or plumbers.
One thing that always irks me about the RTP characters from Xp (and this is not a criticism of you work Lockez), is that they have no neck and/or have very hunched shoulders. Its like the spriters were torn between making chibi characters and tall characters and so settled on a really ungainly compromise.
lowpoly 3d model of country music superstar george jones

it started out being a spy guy but i made it george jones because of the bizarre head structure. texture is kinda sloppy and the less said about the guitar the better but im not complaining. whatever happens i'm gonna.... Stand By My Man....
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oh hey look, my intro scene is done.

...ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vITbg1Zwhw

Thoughts? Other than the problems I mentioned in the description, that is? Is being slowly lowered into a vat of lava sharks too epic for the first scene in the game, or not epic enough?

One day this might turn into something more than vaporware! Things are looking up!
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Probably going to put my project on hiatus until stuff like RM 20XX comes out. I want me some powered-up 2k3!

In that vein, also going to try to learn VX/Melody... and try to improve my (pathetic) image editing skills~
Locke, looks good! The humor is well done and as far as the battle goes, I appreciated how quickly the WAIT bar filled up. I HATE waiting like 20 seconds between turns. For no reason.
@catmitts: your model is comedic :) Say, what modeling app is that? Your take on low-poly modeling is quite to the extremes, such that it might give us a kickin' resemblance to 'Incredible Crisis' :)
author=LockeZ
Oh hey look, my intro scene is done.

...ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vITbg1Zwhw

Thoughts? Other than the problems I mentioned in the description, that is? Is being slowly lowered into a vat of lava sharks too epic for the first scene in the game, or not epic enough?

One day this might turn into something more than vaporware! Things are looking up!

Looks EPIC!
I was irritated with the last project I made, so now I'm making a atari-esque sprited (This means only one direction.) rpg with custom graphics (Black fields of Doom) and simplefied class system in rm2k. It is a simple dungeon crawl where you explore a tower owned by the Hacker CODX who stands against the creator. You are a poor gaming geek who has been digitzed and controlled by the creator's whims.
Hostilefun, push it through! For NOSTALGIA!

Thanks for reminding of ClaDun too due to the graphics you're aiming for.
I'm working on my first game right now. Not as good as most of these other games. Decided to join so I could get some opinions on stuff. Mostly RTP stuff and then other things just don't match. Using RPG 2003 so I don't have the best stuff to work with I suppose.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=skylin05
I'm working on my first game right now. Not as good as most of these other games. Decided to join so I could get some opinions on stuff. Mostly RTP stuff and then other things just don't match. Using RPG 2003 so I don't have the best stuff to work with I suppose.

Rpg2k/3 has some of the most plentiful resources on the planet ..
I know it's plentiful, but I hear the newer version have better engines. I don't konw. Maybe it's just my lack of skill right now.
rm2k/3 doesn't have the best graphics because of how it is limited (320x240 resolution, no alpha channel, etc.) but has the most graphics by far. Both by being the oldest (and thus most time to make graphics in the proper format) and because the style is a lot simpler, custom graphics are much easier.
some would regard such 'limitation' as a boon
hence why I noted that they were easier :<<<
author=Hostilefun
I was irritated with the last project I made, so now I'm making a atari-esque sprited (This means only one direction.) rpg with custom graphics (Black fields of Doom) and simplefied class system in rm2k. It is a simple dungeon crawl where you explore a tower owned by the Hacker CODX who stands against the creator. You are a poor gaming geek who has been digitzed and controlled by the creator's whims.

This sounds like it could be brilliant. Please don't get irritated with it, too.

Me, I am working on my game, debugging and slogging through my laundry list of microtasks.