WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

As of now I tinkering with my game: RMXP

- Trying to flesh out Characters / Story Line. (curently have writer's block)
- Thinking about combat "styles" for the last 3/6 Main characters.
- Making the basic layout for maps, then re-mapping it.
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
I've been spending the past day or two offline, editing some large VX RTP-style facesets so that they have emotions. Now I'm going back through my main project's prologue and putting in some tutorial messages. (while intoxicated)

I'll put up the gamepage for it as soon as I can, promise >_<
Hmmmm...haven't had much time to work on any of my games since my dad's been let out of the hosptial back on Monday...but you can't say I haven't been trying. :D

Other than that, not much else to report except it's good to finally start buckling down and doing some REAL work. The online stuff is a real pain; and I just started going through a bunch of things before setting up some shit. It's been a real adventure, but so far so good.

Managed to cut the memory size a little (with the movie clips) down a bit thanks to some cutbacks, but everything is golden. :D
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Slow and steady wins the race. Story of Ligara.
Currently working on a Japanese-style town!

I like your Japanese town. I think it would look more authentic with trees like this.

The RTP ones stand out while killing the asian vibe.

CUTBACKS!!! :D

Yep, I remember going through a similar experience back with Monopolo when I wanted to add all these options and features (which PROBABLY would have made it a much better game than it already is) but decided to scrap a few things because of restrictions and to make it easier on myself; and because of that, Stock Ticker is going for the same thing. ^^

I didn't cutback THAT much, but I thought I would cutback:

* Leaderboards (too much work -- but I did replace this mode with a 'Tourney' mode and a 'Online Tourney' mode.)

* Setup Timer (Argh! Can't figure this out, so blah -- out!)

* Redid Battle Start-Up Movie Effect (Looks a bit better than my old attempts, heh, heh, heh)

* Points, instead of Wins & Loses on 'Online Mode" (People will cheat, so a points based system would probably be a better idea than having a win and lose column).

So, yeah! It's been rough having to look after a sick person for the past two weeks and not having much time on my project, but I'm doing what I can! :D

@ Demi - Nice trees. ^^
I don't think there's anything wrong with cutbacks. As long as the game get's done in the end. I think it's a good lesson for anyone. If you're having trouble working on or finishing a game, don't just quit on it. Cut some parts out and make it smaller!

Anyway, I'm working on maps for Revenge of the Hats. I finished writing the story, finished ripping graphics (From Hourai High!) for it. It's slowly coming around...
I'm making art for my next game.
Not really much besides that.

@UPRC
Looks nice. :)
Oh, finally, I'm done with translation of episode 14! That seriously took a while...
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Working on figuring out the ins and outs of SBS Tankentai. Was thinking about adding ATB on the premise of changing the stupid defaults. Gah. I am not making every rmvx game ever dammit :V
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=SorceressKyrsty
Working on figuring out the ins and outs of SBS Tankentai. Was thinking about adding ATB on the premise of changing the stupid defaults. Gah. I am not making every rmvx game ever dammit :V
Good. I don't need you blowing away most of the VX games out there.(No seriously.)
I have enough people doing that.
author=Julev
I don't think there's anything wrong with cutbacks. As long as the game get's done in the end. I think it's a good lesson for anyone. If you're having trouble working on or finishing a game, don't just quit on it. Cut some parts out and make it smaller

"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never cutback."
Just working on a game where you only get a maximum of 144 choices period, all of course having variants and random variables unlocking or locking different elements of the game. Basically, live the way you want to, within limits, for only 3 days, that is, 72 hours.
Proof-reading / orginzating folders. Also, thought it would be a good idea to update a few things in 'The Aquatic Adventures Of Scuba Steve'. (mostly H.U.D's and stuff) :D

It's now 5 A.M.; I've got school in 5 hours; and I'm in much need of beauty sleep! I think I'm going to sign off, for now.
Well, actually I am only actively working on Super Doki Doki World at the moment! Now that RMN4 is launched and the game-making itch needs to be scratched, I've been pondering what to do...

(Whenever I get into these lulls though, I almost ALWAYS take on way more than I can handle. So I thought before I do that I'd barf up my project ideas and maybe people here can comment)

Super Doki Doki World
Naturally, I will be finishing this off.

Secret project code named Alicorn
Despite approached me in IRC and asked if I wanted to start a game with him, because he wants to sprite and make a cool game. narcodis and clyve were brought on board to do music and Ark brought on as a creative consultant. We pitched some ideas, but it has kind of stalled. I do want to make this happen, but I think this will be a pretty large undertaking.

Oh, and the game is about unicorns.

Trials & Tribulations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1997/
I had plans on making a short game in VX to learn the system, but then I did that (sortof) with Village Brave, so T&T kind of got bloated with scope creep and ended up on hiatus. But maybe I could pare it back to what it was originally going to be in scope and make a real game in VX? It would be good practice for Alicorn, at least.

Generica: TNG
I am having problems getting motivated to finish this, even though it is so close...

Zelda Game in SMBX
This was an idea Link_2112 and I pitched around about a year ago, but got dropped. But it's always been at the back of my mind, and remarkably enough I haven't actually seen anyone else attempt this yet.

Missiongarde (generica community game)
A few months ago before RMN4 development began in earnest, I toyed with the idea of making a community game (or large dev team game) using my project Generica as a base. Deckiller and Liberty and a few others expressed an interest. However, I vowed that I will finish Generica: TNG first before embarking on this. Which hasn't happened yet. And now I don't even know if there is still interest for this, or whether I still have the wherewithal to organize and run something like this.

RPG/Strategy Game blend
I read somewhere on the internets (I can't remember where, unfortunately! It was some gaming blog where the guy constantly quoted Nietzsche and complained that all other gaming review sites sucked and he was the greatest thing to happen to game analysis since the advent of movable type and that jRPGs are stupid and dumb) that RPGs as we know them on consoles and PCs aren't real role playing games (well duh) but more like micro-strategy adventure games. And that got me thinking...

What if you could blend more elements of RTSes into RPGs? Like resource gathering, base building, unit building, tech trees etc... whilst still using the core mechanics of an RPG battle? So you'd form squads (ie- parties) of units and go out and try to achieve that level's goals. I guess it'd be like Warcraft III sort of except with the emphasis on RPG rather than RTS.

I just think that would be a neat game to explore and make.
I think the RPG/Strategy Game blend would be awesome. I sure would look forward to that!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=kentona
RPG/Strategy Game blend

What if you could blend more elements of RTSes into RPGs? Like resource gathering, base building, unit building, tech trees etc... whilst still using the core mechanics of an RPG battle? So you'd form squads (ie- parties) of units and go out and try to achieve that level's goals. I guess it'd be like Warcraft III sort of except with the emphasis on RPG rather than RTS.

I just think that would be a neat game to explore and make.

Have you ever played the X-Com games? They have strategy-style base-building like Warcraft or Civilization, but then when you get into combat, the battles are tactical RPG style battles. Characters are easily recruited and replaced, and there's no method of revival, so experience points end up not being super important and it doesn't feel much like an RPG, but it technically is a complete tactical RPG battle system within a strategy game. Outside of combat, when managing your bases, it's somewhere between real-time and turn-based: you can slow down or speed up or pause time to easily progress between important events. Then you'll see a an alien UFO appear and you'll send some jets to shoot it down, and once it crashes you create a squad of 12 soldiers and send them in to the crash site to kill the aliens and collect their technology.

The most recent one that actually followed this paradigm was X-Com Apocalypse, I think. If you're not familiar with the series, it's the most playable. (The others are more popular with some people due to nostalgia but haven't aged as well IMO.) Worth looking into if you're thinking of making a game like that, since it's the only example I can think of.
nope! But that sounds interesting!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You can probably get it on Steam for like, two bucks.