WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Homework, currently working on the run animation for the main character in a side-scrolling platformer called Spiral.

The main character is a fractal artist who has just recently died, and has become an Ocularweaver, those who create the patterns in people's eyes. He's due to start creating his own patterns fairly soon, but his mentor defects and it is learnt that he's corrupted several patterns due to be placed. So the MC has to run through each of the eye patterns, clearing up the damage his mentor did so he can actually start doing his own work.

The main 'gimmick' is that if you stand still, the center of the pattern; IE the eye's pupil, will suck you in like a black hole. You have to time your runs and jumps to the times where the suction is less or risk dying...again.
Working on Combination system.

For example, in the game that uses it, all items can be attmepted to combine, wrong combinations can have effect like losing or breaking items, making toxic gas that could kill you or/and innocent towns folk and other kinds of other thing.

Combining a Sacred Hammer with a Blade forged a long word, mixing a Blade with Acel Acid could make a spear.

Mixing a Hi elixer with Blind Powder could cause people in a town to go crazy and randomly attack you.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Worked on my tileset for Chaos Sword. Touched up some of my maps accordingly.
author=jakandsig
Combining a Sacred Hammer with a Blade forged a long word

Sometimes small typos are hilarious.
author=CyberDagger
author=jakandsig
Combining a Sacred Hammer with a Blade forged a long word
Sometimes small typos are hilarious.

lol.
Right there at the end of my database work after 3 months! Oh man...I'm going to need a slight vacation from this game after this. x_x;;

Ok, so what I have left...

1) Deciding whether or not to go with equipment skills or not (i.e. you equip Excalibur, can use Holy Blade while it's equipped, but if you unequip, can no longer use the skill). I haven't figured out everything for all of my characters, and even if this is worth doing. I think it IS worth doing...but I need help figuring out WHAT to do for them. I'm trying to make the effects unique enough from the character's normal skills, whilst at the same time fitting into that character's playstyle and/or enhancing the best parts of that character's playstyle. @_@;

2) Finishing up character abilities. The only things left here are 4 secondary commands for temporary characters, and 4 battle passives for playable characters. Again, I don't know what to do for these characters, so I'm kinda stuck. ^^;

3) Update enemy AIs and attacks. This kinda falls with #4 (which I'm ALSO stuck at), but for the most part, I'm thinking not much HAS to be done. Though may need to rethink how some enemies/bosses act...

4) Finalize Blue Magic list. This thing has been plaguing me since I created it. I had 50 spells before I trimmed it down to like 37 or something, but I still feel like it could be trimmed down more, or have more unique/gimmicky spells.

So yeah...almost done, but still going to take a little while to get through. ^^;
Putting in the finishing touches on my database! Only 179 more enemy groups to fix up (out of 360 something), and then the bosses, and I'm done with the database (aside from adding in the special battle events)! I'm kinda psyched up to get this done...I have a feeling that this version is going to be FAR better than my older versions. Hopefully nothing breaks when I release it. >_<;;

Blue Magic I still haven't done anything about, and will be the last thing I do after the database stuff, since that's the easiest to deal with. Gotta reupdate Scan information no thanks to Bribe items >_>;;
I'm trying to get myself back in gear. Between fighting roach infestations and shoddy plumbing and job drama I've been extremely unproductive this year and haven't done anything game dev related since the August contest. I've started for now by trying to see if I can still do pixel art by working on battle character sprites for one of my projects in progress. Here's some of them:

I'm doing these assuming that my enemy sprites will be static and inanimate. Also I'm not worrying too much about secondary animation like cloth or hair moving for now as I will polish those up later when I actually have some kind of game to show. For now I'm just doing straightforward animation that gets the message across. Heh.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Dreamwalker: College Adventures. :p
I updated the version of libgdx my game depends on this weekend, from one that's about two years old.

Generally I approve of libraries using getters over exposing non-final fields, but the switch was a PITA and half my UI's still broken.
Working on a menu! Woo, that's exciting.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That doesn't look super different from the default menu. In fact, if the affinity is part of the faceset graphic, it looks perfectly identical to the default menu.
Removing the DBS from my game and going CBS... 3 years into the project. Wish me luck.
author=JIHAUS
I'm trying to get myself back in gear. Between fighting roach infestations and shoddy plumbing and job drama I've been extremely unproductive this year and haven't done anything game dev related since the August contest. I've started for now by trying to see if I can still do pixel art by working on battle character sprites for one of my projects in progress. Here's some of them:

I'm doing these assuming that my enemy sprites will be static and inanimate. Also I'm not worrying too much about secondary animation like cloth or hair moving for now as I will polish those up later when I actually have some kind of game to show. For now I'm just doing straightforward animation that gets the message across. Heh.

Jihaus those battle sprites look amazing! Keep it up!
author=Addit
author=JIHAUS

Jihaus those battle sprites look amazing! Keep it up!

Thanks. I'll be honest, I've been mostly doing these for fun and for practice rather than for any particular game as the game that will be using these is a bit farther down the line.

In the past week I strung the following combo things together which may or may not be used in this form in the game.

I think it's about time to move onto another character.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I just broke the proverbial wine bottle on my first graphic novel, Totally Jacked! Which is about an average orange tabby cat who nearly destroys the universe with his mind.
It's 1 of 7 Totally Jacked books, which in and of itself is the first stroke in my opus leading eventually to Take Down as a graphic novel (greatly altered to avoid copyright).
I'm working on a Metroidvania in RPG Maker, not platform-style, but rather you roam about a free-roaming world collecting abilities/keys that open locations you passed by earlier. The aim is for it to be heavily immersive, and include a non-linear storyline based on nodes of story you can encounter in reasonably different orders. A man is stuck on an island searching for memories of his wife. That's all I'm willing to reveal.
author=Dudesoft
I just broke the proverbial wine bottle on my first graphic novel, Totally Jacked! Which is about an average orange tabby cat who nearly destroys the universe with his mind.

Why is it when I see this that THIS certain image comes to mind:

Right now I'm learning how to use Stencyl by fooling around with the tutorial and soon after probably developing a simple platformer to nail down the basic mechanics of a greater platformer project I've been working on.

Also looking for a team for nearly every aspect of the game creation process for said platformer: art/portraits, sprites, cutscene animations, sound effects, music*, and possibly voice actors. I'll be handling all of the dev stuff, writing, story, and generally putting it all together into a nice product to distribute. This is all far down the line, however, and may not even get up off the ground if I can't find at least an artist and a musician willing to work for free. I'm broke as a stick so it might actually be a while until I'm able to really start "making the dream".

*I had a musician willing to work for free but he's either deleted me from Steam or changed his name to something unrecognizable.
And now finally done with my update patch! I didn't bother doing anything with the Blue Magic and left in what I had originally, and I'll do something with that later. But man...it feels good to have all of that work done. I've been telling myself to take a break after doing this patch for a while now but...I have this urge to actually move forward with the actual game. So...should I take a break from working on this for a while, or should I keep working? I don't know D: