WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Well, tired of working on emotion icons. I'll let anyone who plays the game let me know if there's anything wrong on that end. It's just annoying right now to go back through each event to check for them to make sure that they're done properly. Ugh...

Still need to fix up the bugs though...which I have no idea how to handle them. >_<
I'm at the beginning of programming a battle system. Recently decided to make some significant changes to the system to simplify a lot of the details (mainly the progression system) and add considerably more strategic depth.
Having a hard time pixel arting (is that even a verb?) a realistically proportioned female body.
And shading, especially for the hair.
And I have to add clothes after that, dammit.

Misae's new custom portrait coming up.

One of the things I'm heavily considering is this. As of right now, whenever a player buys a skill, they buy an item that teaches them the skill (assuming that the skill is of sufficient level. To learn a level 3 skill, they have to have the level 2 version of that skill. Otherwise, they can't learn it, regardless if the skill is level 1 or level 10). The player then has to go through their inventory to teach each skill individually, and with as many characters as my game has, it takes quite a while to get through them. Now, this method is similar to how I'm doing my synthesis shop (which I need to update too probably), in that it uses menus like this. However, if the player has the money AND the sufficient skill(s), they'll learn the skill right then and there. It'll then loop back to the top of the menu (which I need to add in some branches), and you can continue getting skills or browsing. Hitting the cancel button during any top menu will bring up the Next Page/Previous Page/Cancel menu so that you can leave the shop.

The issue here however, is that some skills can ONLY be won or found via chests/drops/steals/morphs. These will HAVE to be skillbooks, and even some common skills can be gotten this way. Now, I don't want to make it impossible to get these skills by not having the items, and some items I can get by having still around for those that you cannot buy skills for, but I'm trying to avoid having 1000 skillbooks in the player's inventory (yes, it's possible to have THAT many skillbooks. Or somewhere along that line. There's a lot of them).

So the question is, is this a suitable way of handling this or not? I guess doing a video on it would show it a bit more. This method does have its benefits of showing WHAT the skills can do and what you need to get them as opposed to buying them in the shops, which is something that's always irked me. Hmm....
I'm taking a small break from libgdx to checkout Scage.

Also, spriting is really, really difficult. My graphics are going to be really awful, I should just try handdrawing everything because I think I can draw better than I can sprite.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Handdrawn backgrounds and monsters can be fantastic

Handdrawn characters and NPCs are really hard to get right though :/ They can work if you make them a lot bigger than in most RPGs.

spell animations are equally impossible both ways, they are a no man's land
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

Working on making the capital fully playable. It can get awfully wordy depending on what branches you take, it's turned out.
Practicing/improving my spriting skills; made three different ones of the same guy, though two were just for fun. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but still not quite good at it yet~ :3

author=Sana
Practicing/improving my spriting skills; made three different ones of the same guy, though two were just for fun. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but still not quite good at it yet~ :3

A wild rival appears ;O
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Creating the first boss in my unnamed game. He is basically just going to fly around and throw fire. Eventually going to post a video of the battle.
Welp! Now I am working on making a common event that forces the player to auto-learn the next level skills that they can for after exiting a skill shop, opening a chest, or after battles. It's working so far, but with 1000 skill scrolls to do this for...this is gonna take quite a while to do. And that's on top of everything else too! ;_;
author=arcan
Creating the first boss in my unnamed game. He is basically just going to fly around and throw fire. Eventually going to post a video of the battle.

Very nice! If he's going to be some kind of guardian of a temple or something (which I'm guessing by the look of it) I would make him look more worn. The eyes could use some luster, too.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Amazing sprite art!
Sometimes I hate having an imagination, I can't do that kind of thing, my patience (and attantion span) is like a puppy or a small child.
author=sawworm
A wild rival appears ;O
Lol! If I did put him in a Pokemon game, I think he'd either be an after Elite Four 4 challenge trainer like Red, or part of the Champion Tournament like in BW2, with his team being based on the best Pokemon I had in my own teams throughout the first three gens.

Anywho, I spruced up the Mack-style sprite for him. Not too big of a change, but the bangs are more noticeable now~ :3

arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
@SnowOwl: Thanks for the idea. I tried to do it at one point and then forgot.

@seiromem: In my experience, commitment is most important when creating pixel art. Nothing I make on the first try ever looks good.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

skin tones are really hard to pick out

they're either too burnt or too ashen
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Unity is a pain in the fucking ass. I read a million different tutorials and manual snippets about collisions but none of them bothered to mention that the Character Controller game object doesn't use normal collision functions, it uses ControllerColliderHit. So I've spent an extremely long time trying to make my player get a game over if they fall and hit the acid, AND I FINALLY HAVE IT WORKING. >:[
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Five hours of sweat later, solved a bug that was causing the game to freeze when someone killed themselves with self-damage skills.

Now I can finally have marines with bazookas that shoot flying sharks that you have to kill before they hit you.
@LockeZ
And there was much rejoicing.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
awkward moment when you realize two assignments are due on the same day, that day being tuesday. It is currently Sunday night. BUT AT LEAST I HAVE STARTED BOTH AMIRITE?! tbh I actually have been slowly working on them rather than actually fully leaving everything til the last minute but I really need to just start finishing shit early.