WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=Kazesui
Been working on another DynRPG Plugin in the little sparetime I have

NO WAY.

How does that work exactly? Are those map tiles, or is it one big picture/panorama? What are the limitations so far? Can you adjust the perspective and things?

I've also been working on plugins over the past weekend, but nothing nearly as cool. I just finished up a post about them here:
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/13468/?post=490940#post490940

The coolest thing being an easy-to-use auto-switch plugin.
It's not quite any of those. Basically, an image is loaded directly into the plugin as a texture, and then a very simple raycasting is used to go from 3d space to 2d space. The essentially means to divide stuff by the z value for the sake of perspective.

It has 4 degrees of freedom, you can move along the three axis (including up), and you can rotate the xy-plane. You can simulate another kind of rotation to a certain extent by manipulating the point of horizon. In short, yes, you can change the perspective
Very cool. Can you place pictures on top of that? Like a cloud layer or a background color fade. I assume that's what the koopa is.

Edit: My brain is exploding with questions and curiousity since this is obviously a huge deal. In FF6, it looks like you could kind of tilt the entire plane left or right, and zoom in/out as you get closer or further away from the plane. Are those possible?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrLoRotscjc&feature=player_detailpage&t=253
Not at the moment, but that's mainly because it's a prototype. Shouldn't be too hard to make it work like the text plugin, such that you have control which pictures are drawn above and below the mode 7 like rendered texture.

Once I get time, I might add something special for the background though, such that it is wrapped "correctly" a la super mario kart. That, any many other tiny nuances which needs to be dealt with before the plugin can be released

edit
Tilting is not possible at the moment, would have to look into that.
Zooming however is perfectly possible in the current version
Doing absolutely nothing right now. Taking a break from ze game, seeing as I kinda need it. Once I get more vids done to upload and all that jazz, will probably get back to working on maps again. Still need to get another mapper who'd be willing to help out on the project and still looking for anyone to beta test the hell out of the game for balance issues and whatnot. : S
author=Kazesui
Not at the moment, but that's mainly because it's a prototype. Shouldn't be too hard to make it work like the text plugin, such that you have control which pictures are drawn above and below the mode 7 like rendered texture.

Once I get time, I might add something special for the background though, such that it is wrapped "correctly" a la super mario kart. That, any many other tiny nuances which needs to be dealt with before the plugin can be released

edit
Tilting is not possible at the moment, would have to look into that.
Zooming however is perfectly possible in the current version

Sounds very promising, albeit a huge undertaking. Let me know if you need a tester!
Decided to make all of the icons in my game in Monochrome...some of them might be a bit difficult to tell what they're supposed to represent at first glance, but I did what I could. :(

And, I also finished two more RTP styled facesets~ ;)

at least you're not stuck with 12 by 12 (exfont) KIDS THESE DAYS
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Sana
Decided to make all of the icons in my game in Monochrome...some of them might be a bit difficult to tell what they're supposed to represent at first glance, but I did what I could. :(

First row: Dead, CP Down, Blind, Turned Into a Snifit, No Rupees, Confused, Holy, Dazed, Kowtow, Medical Alert Bracelet, SP Down
Second row: Peachy Keen, Sword, Item, Crystal

I like the idea of "peachy" as the symbol for no status ailments, even though I'm almost 100% sure that's not what you're using it for.
author=LockeZ
Medical Alert Bracelet

You just killed me.
author=LockeZ
First row: Dead, CP Down, Blind, Turned Into a Snifit, No Rupees, Confused, Holy, Dazed, Kowtow, Medical Alert Bracelet, SP Down
Second row: Peachy Keen, Sword, Item, Crystal

I like the idea of "peachy" as the symbol for no status ailments, even though I'm almost 100% sure that's not what you're using it for.
Mm, nope the top row's for status ailments and the bottom's for items. From left to right: Comatose, Poison, Pitch Black, Fear, Frozen, Amnesia, Guilt, Befuddled, Dispirited, Injury, Sap, Food items, Swords, Loot, and Lin/money~ :3
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Well, you asked if they were immediately clear, and he demonstrated that they are not.

Item icons are fine, I suppose.
Finishing my first game ever "VIRITRA" :)
Still working on my games database (14 core weapon types with varying advantages and disadvantages so far) - and waiting for my game page to be approved (does it always take that long? I want to start blogging!)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Malagar
Still working on my games database (14 core weapon types with varying advantages and disadvantages so far) - and waiting for my game page to be approved (does it always take that long? I want to start blogging!)

Usually gets approved or denied within a couple days, but sometimes it takes as long as a week. If it's taken longer than that, you probably didn't include three screenshots. Without three screenshots it won't even go into the queue.
@LockeZ Okay got it, accidentally marked them as feedback image.
Okay! So I am finally set up here at the home office, sitting on the bench waiting for a new gig to apply for. In the meantime, I will be working on getting rid of the rust on my Java and Visual Studio development, and SQL/report writing. In the other meantime, I will be working on games (I am precluded from working on RMN itself because of restrictive internet access here - I can't log into our server or connect to our code svn! it sucks).

So anywho, I was wondering if anyone here who has been following my work of late (are there people here still that do that??) have an opinion one way or another.

Here is my current project list:
Adaeus - metroidvania, GM (I need to figure out how to install gamemaker on this machine first)
Generica: The Next Generation - RM2k3, traditional RPG
Nu Supra Mairo Bors. - SMBX, traditional Mario game
Zelda III: The Adventure of RMN - SMBX, community project/event
Settlers of Kentan - VXAce, boardgame/arcade game, as seen in BQ6
Aether Pulse - VXAce, traditional RPG
How To Evolve Your Dragon - GM, not started (still conceptualizing the visualization process - it is essentially an EVO Search for Eden clone)
The Children of the After - VXAce, not started, group project (this is an epic scifi RPG)
Solar Platypus - VXAce, arcade collection game.

If anyone cares enough to ask, I can give more details. I am leaning towards tackling GTNG, Aether Pulse, or Solar Platypus first. Feedback?
Finish GTNG already before it takes 18 years for the show game to return.
@kentona
I'm assuming you want opinions on what to work on?
I do love me some EVO.
Just replayed it a couple of weeks ago actually.
So How To Evolve Your Dragon.
Evolving dragons sounds cool.
So my game wasn't trippy enough, so I started making psychedelic mushroom dreams.