WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Working on a map in VX ace and.....

Frustrated by my inability to work on the RMN codebase (and unmotivated to actually learn new and useful skills like SSRS 2012, python, Gamemaker, C#, etc...) but still wanting to accomplish something, I have started work back up on Aether Pulse. I posted a couple of new screens...
Many things, working on an outer tileset, poses and characters for the template as well as ears and drop shadows for the rest of the body types, also need at least one more skin color sooner or later.

And a possible taller body type which i have not shown yet (first frame completed).
Time to liven this thread up again!

I've been testing Kazesui's Mode7 plugin, and got pretty far in a few days.

The FF6 airship is a placeholder for now. Since making that video, I added in the other 12 frames of animation (moving forward and backward shows different variations). As you might be able to tell, the coastline is all messed up due to autotiles not being rendered properly in the plugin yet. The sprite scaling isn't perfect either.

That blue fade in the background is made via pictures at the moment, but I'd like to try to do that in DynRPG instead so I can dynamically change the colors without having to copy & paste like 30 event commands (one picture for each alpha value :/ ).
author=PepsiOtaku
Time to liven this thread up again!

I've been testing Kazesui's Mode7 plugin, and got pretty far in a few days.

The FF6 airship is a placeholder for now. Since making that video, I added in the other 12 frames of animation (moving forward and backward shows different variations). As you might be able to tell, the coastline is all messed up due to autotiles not being rendered properly in the plugin yet. The sprite scaling isn't perfect either.

That blue fade in the background is made via pictures at the moment, but I'd like to try to do that in DynRPG instead so I can dynamically change the colors without having to copy & paste like 30 event commands (one picture for each alpha value :/ ).

Mind Blown.
WOW, that Mode 7 looks AWESOME. Kinda want to put that in one of my future games just because of how awesome it looks! :o

-
Personally, I'm slowly chipping away at the early work on Black Noise (My modern day dystopian RPG). I showed my early work to some friends and while they like the idea, there's a lot of problems they had with my work thus far. Apparently all my characters kinda...Bleed together so they don't feel all that unique. :(

That and I need to rescript Yanfly's cooldown script. I need to make it so that I can INCREASE the number of Limited Skill Uses with an item. As it stands now, I'm using a slightly tweaked version of Cooldowns so that all skills can be used once, and only recharge after the Rest skill is used, or an item is used... @_@ It's fine for now...but it's not really Optimal.

Progress is slow... :(
Back to work on my game, and almost FINALLY done with this dungeon! Just gotta finish this one event, then make a few more maps and then the boss, and that's that! Then I get to test out the dungeon and enemies (after I make the enemies and their patterns)! I am excite!!!

And then I get to make a recreation of FFVI's Narshe Battle. Oh boy! Gotta play with the three-party split system!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
What I am working on should never have been a real project. It is literally the first thing I ever typed into RM2k3's project screen. What it's turned into is a story that I am really enjoying and a project I care a great deal about. The creature takes on a life of its own. It takes place on a medieval world where the most advanced thing is the sword. The main characters, while investigating an assassination plot find a hidden dungeon with machines like they've never seen before and find out that everyone in the world is descended from the colonists of another planet, and they find one of the original colonists, alive, frozen in suspended animation. They learn that when humans went out seeking new worlds, they didn't go unnoticed and fought an alien race to the brink of destruction. The alien race went extinct during the war, apparently.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs

Made a couple of frontal views for the water and grass starters of Pokemon RMN and performed a test to see their stats at level 5. Also did some battle testing against a testbed trainer. It reminds me there is still a lot of work to be done. I've found out some of the user-submitted pokemon cries are barely audible, for instance.
A game I am making with Rpg maker 2000. It is still in the beginning stages of work but I have custom designed a lot chipsets. The game will feature artwork done by myself and will use mostly if not all custom made sprites and chipsets.

Any comment is appreciated and I look forward to releasing it and a completed game asap. Enjoy the screenshots.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Whoa, I like the style...
As if Van Gogh did game design...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Rue:
For a fully custom chipset, this isn't bad at all. The slimes amuse me. I love some of your objects, like the trees, the curtains and the comfy chairs.

I would recommend making the ground tiles have less contrast. Make the colors closer together and not change as much in darkness from the lightest color to the darkest color. This helps players because it makes the ground kind of fade away and makes it easier to spot things that are on it. The grass and the star-carpet both look really busy because they don't do this - the sand is great though.

That castle is highly questionable, mostly because of the black borders that kinda-sorta were drawn in some places but not others. Since most of your other tiles don't have black borders I would recommend getting rid of them on the castle. Most of your other objects have borders that are a darker shade of the object's color. Either style is fine, but it looks odd when you switch back and forth (and really odd when you switch back and forth within a single object)

Is the battle background custom too? That's really fantastic.

Thanks for the comments and insights. And yes the background was drawn by me. This game will take a while to complete if it will ever be complete. But I'm looking forward to creating great artwork for it.
I resumed working on my project, Bloody Rose.
@Rue those screens are awesome and pretty unique! I'm dying to play that!
I'd just say for you to change your windows a bit and make the portrait bigger
making transparent windows like RMVX/A's ones? Pretty easy, you just need picture commands and a black rectangle picture xD

@Chaos17 those screens look pretty but the floor looks boring for a parallax map.

And I personally am working on porting all rm2k resources onto rmxp.
Perhaps I'll draw a few battlers, because using faces in battle is plain too ugly

I might turn it into another "RTP" database just for the luls xD
LEGEND OF GARM (title not finalized)

I only have really bare bones work done on this as I need some custom sprites, title screen and to get some scripts working. But it's my own take on a new Zelda game taking place after Spirit Tracks, focusing on a male Gerudo hero as clears the Spirit Temple of a monster infestation, discovers her destiny and journeys across New Hyrule to fight a new evil.

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Magical girl yami ren desu obviously anime style, 5 episodes complete, not on the internet for quit a while now, maybe sometime later down the track
author=JosephSeraph
@Chaos17 those screens look pretty but the floor looks boring for a parallax map.
Because it's a WIP ? XD
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Writing the last bit of dialogue and the credits for my platformer... then the intro screen!
Menus. Oh god, the menus.

I go from animations and spriting, something that I don’t do that often and kinda enjoy at times, back to menus again.

*sigh* Oh well. Gotta finish all the boring stuff before eventually getting to the good stuff.