WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
See if you can add more lines in her hair to give it a little definition in some places. Not a lot, just a few. Her bangs especially are probably the most important, I'd think. Most of it can and should just be a big hairblob, but you do generally want a few lines in there to sort of imply the gist of what's going on.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=LockeZ
See if you can add more lines in her hair to give it a little definition in some places. Not a lot, just a few. Her bangs especially are probably the most important, I'd think. Most of it can and should just be a big hairblob, but you do generally want a few lines in there to sort of imply the gist of what's going on.
Thanks, I agree totally, I'll look into it and see what I can do.

One of my VA's for the trailer has delivered, but at this rate it may be more than a week of wait.

No matter, I've found this style pretty fun.

The hood looks retarded, but other than that I'm pretty happy with this so far.
Back to work on my game, this time working on battle animations. Only 293 some animations in the game (currently) left to do! And I've already ran out of games to pull stuff from, so may have to resort to MUGEN to find more stuff like I did already! Oh boy! >_> <_<

Also revamping some characters because they need it. Still haven't done any mapping since last month when I took a break. And still looking for help on that bit. >_<
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Xenomic
Back to work on my game, this time working on battle animations. Only 293 some animations in the game (currently) left to do!

I winced in pain.
Yeah well, I already have like 1000+ animations in the game already so this is nothing new at this point, heh. Also trying to get new sound effects. Found a pack for FFVI and VII, but good lord I don't know what's what for VII, despite me playing the game to death. Maybe some of ya'll can help pinpoint what is what? For whatever reason, they decided to just number them and not NAME them for the most part...and there's like 700 unnamed SEs. Ugh...

http://www.2shared.com/file/WPCdbW8_/ff7sounds.html
LockeZ
RPGamer has a handful of the more basic/common sound effects from both of those games, and they've got them named rather than numbered. It's not even close to the complete set like you've got, though.

This might also be relevant to your interests...

FF Tactics Sound Effects: [1] [2]
Oooh? FFT SEs? Why, thank you~ That might be quite useful for me, if I find stuff from them. ^^

I'm trying to shy away from using the vanilla SEs a bit. Not saying they're bad at all or anything, but I like being a bit more customized heh. ^^; For the FFVII/VI ones in particular, I was aiming more for the spell SEs than anything else (I got all 3 Bio SEs now, and I also managed to update some of my older FFVII SEs, which were low-quality!).
LockeZ
Opened RPG Maker with the intention of working on maps, and managed to get no mapping whatsoever done before I saw tiles that annoyed me and opened Photoshop to retexture them.

Above: Before
Below: After

The new versions aren't objectively any better, but it's important to make the game's graphical style match, and realistic textures are what I'm ultimately going for. The old pixel art versions didn't even match each-other, much less the rest of the maps.

This kind of stuff could seriously wait until the mapping is done though, since I'm matching the dimensions and colors of the filler tiles pretty precisely. Oh well. It's still progress, it's just not progress that results in letting me make battles or post screenshots.
BizarreMonkey
author=LockeZ
Oh well. It's still progress, it's just not progress that results in letting me make battles or post screenshots.
I know how that is!

Also the tires on the block thing don't really look realistic, just thought i'd mention that! The rest is really good.

As for me? Well, I just only yesterday got back into dev and had my spirit return, so I started the day by adding a little bit of exposition to the end game. Most of today though was spent reviewing another game and writing down plot elements, figuring out where to go with Corporation XVI.

Work on optional content will begin tomorrow.
4 days of work, went from 293 to 230 to 330 (because I apparently didn't add in anything that was new to my document...), and now down to 206 for animations left to do. Really hammering down how many animations there are, and this is on top of a few hours of painting the living room (ugh...)! I'd say I'm doing REAL good! But I am running out of animations to pick up from. I used some stuff from FFIV, V, and VI that I wasn't expecting to use at all (X-Potion, Tincture, and Smoke Bomb from FFVI, Bio from FFIV, V, AND VI (I also have animations for Bio-Bioga from VII too...), and lord knows how many other things that I wasn't expecting. Currently going through MUGEN characters to get stuff (thank you Darkstalkers characters for some nice animations~).

I know my art style is all over the place in the game, particularly with in-battle stuff, but eh. I ain't gonna sprite all that myself lol. If anything's gonna be done for Touhou Fantasy, I guess battle animations will be the first! Mapping is still such a chore and bore, and eventing is not gonna happen until after mapping is fully done I think. Hm...

EDIT - To add onto this, I now have pretty nearly all of the Valkyrie Profile spells in my arsenal to play with, including the full FMV Great Magic ones~ I COULD give these to you folks if you so desire, but they need cleaned up badly. Maybe someone would be kind enough to clean them up for me? There's a lot of them though...you know what? I'll just post a link to the pack of them, and maybe some of ya'll can help clean them up, or better yet, assemble them for me! Note: The highest you should ever go is 200 slots. 225 is probably max for 2K9 Ultimate/DynRPG for animation sheets. I forget what the max is for that...I generally go for 200 though. The main issues here is these were taken from a MUGEN character (Yumei, in fact), so there's some transparency issues that may need fixed here and there...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ygvqy856pyhaeao/Valkyrie_Profile_Spells.rar
I am very new to the whole game dev thing but love it so I figured let me make a game that ive always wanted, I am building a sandbox survival game out of VXace crazy I know right but so far so good, Id love to get your feedback on this idea and any tips for a newbie like mwah
And so I have learned that 125 sprites is the max for a spritesheet in 2k9. Good to know...AFTER I already did a spritesheet with 230 sprites. Guess with the Great Magic stuff, I'mma have to skip every other frame (and cut out all the pure black/white screens) if I want to use them at all. Not looking forward to redoing Dragon Bolt though, ugh...>_<

Will get some of these in-game darnit! I already have Celestial Star (part of it anyways, I apparently didn't use the forming in the sky bit at all, so that's why it's usable...), and I'd like to get more than that so yeah! ^^;
Once this assignment I'm procrastinating about and my first theory driving exam are done, I should be starting work on my 3rd dungeon for Mayhem Maiden.

I'm thinking of something involving a trio of magic "keys" that open and close off various doors when inserted into different "keyholes".

I will most likely need to break out the pencil and paper again. :D

That and I need to decide when and where and how I should start introducing the potentially game-changing weapons I'm implementing...
BizarreMonkey
Up to working on optional bosses n' stuff! Tuning end game numbers, looooaaads! :3
Huh...it's only been a week just about, and I've gone from 230 to 330 and now I'm down to 117 animations left (20-40 died tonight alone). Also got all of the Valkyrie Profile Great Magic on spritesheets and in the game, as well as several spells (though not all, as I couldn't do it very well with some like Fire Lance, Fire Storm, and Icicle Edge). Frigid Damsel was the most complicated thing I've made ever...just so I could actually keep the nice quality for the sprites and a good framerate for it @_@;

So yeah! Anyone got any good sprites for me to snag up for the last 117 so animations? May or may not need help on that front ha...dunno how long MUGEN is going to substain me on that front, but may have to utilize that even more (though getting the right sprites for the right animations is always helpful...I mean, having something that looks like a Sleep spell for something called "Hanged Hourai Dolls" or "Eighty Sake Cups" probably wouldn't work for instance ha...). Again, battle animations...probably will be first thing 100% for this game, and that surprises me ha.

(Also still haven't gotten much luck on finding people for mapping. Nobody likes mapping I guess! I'm also not sure what to do after battle animations...only things left are mapping, enemies, and eventing. Maybe I should take a break from this game again and go record some videos? Even though it's been 2-3 years since the last full beta was released for the game and not constant updates to the previous beta...T-T )
*sobs just a little*

I hate making complex dungeon design...uhhhhuhhuhh.... ;_;

My 3 keys type puzzle is such a pain to map out on paper. :( honestly, I think it's going to be the hardest one to create...Most of my other floors are pretty straightforward (Avoid line of sight, Slippy slidey ice, etc).
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Knocking things off of my to-do list for September... my node-based world map is coming along and now Rook Wakes feels a lot less like prototype and a lot more like a game! Now I just need to add in a bunch of the random possibilities so each playthrough is different... then I can see how well jRPGs mesh with roguelikes :P
BizarreMonkey
Shrinking down some of the big maps in my game and also redoing some non-video parts of cutscenes.
Stripping out combat entirely from a dungeon crawler, and replacing it with random d20 rolls, mixed with player selected perks.
God this is tedious.
BizarreMonkey
Updating class and weapon balance.

Then blackout happen.

I am very mad.

Updated them all again, saved.

THANKS COUNTRY ENERGY!