WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Oooh, those are neato.
This is a neat thread! Been enjoying checking out what you guys are doing. Inspires me.

Ok here's one WIP music thing. One of the last few remaining pieces to compose.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j3cwu4e2op3rak/Asrael%27s%20Theme.mp3?dl=0
edit: oopsie, forgot this wasnt a screenshot topic :x

Anyways, I'm done the first major portion of my game. I've just completed the second boss and I'm working on the outline for the next several events. Exciting stuff/weeeeee/etc.
I've spent the last two weeks (give or take a day) working on a game inspired by one of my childhood passions. It's definitely still in the planning stage, as most of my time and energy has gone towards figuring out the general plot and key characters.

Also implementing scripts and removing any scripts that I initially felt would be a good addition, but no longer fit once I got a more concrete idea of the mechanics I was after. A few compromises had to be made due to script incompatibilities, but that's why I'm working this out first.

Somewhere in between all of that, I made the world map. It was a fun break.

On the mechanics side of things, I've reduced the number of stats. Each character only has four: Power, Resistance, Speed and Energy. Energy works as both HP and MP, so there's an inherent risk in using powerful but costly spells. I did a little window adjusting to make some of the menus look a bit nicer with the reduced number of stats (and increased number of equipment slots), which was also quite fun. Though occasionally frustrating.

I'm also employing a Pokemon-esque system where losing a battle just teleports you somewhere safe. So failure just means you lose some cash (based on the total party level) and have to run through that dungeon again, but you keep any exp and items you picked up.

Today, I took a break to start drawing some art assets for the game. Below is one of them.

Over a decade of practice and hands are still impossible to get right. Even I reduce the number of digits.
You will probably find out very quickly that I have a fondness for white hair.

Hopefully, it will be my first submission to RMN. And with some (possibly a lot) of luck, it will be my first completed game.
Did some menu redesigns because I was in the mood.

VX's default Skill window with an image. I edited the Skill_Scene, since I use no windowskins for Tristian and all menus are image-based.

KGC's Stat Distribute system by default comes with no image either. Did the same as above.

I really need to make the Accuracy stat matter. It's kinda boring when your attacks have 0% chance of missing. So I'm messing with the SKL formula that determines HIT rate. Since Bersekers are supposed to have high CRIT/PWR but low DEF/HIT. So Trabant is pretty broken at the moment. ><

And main menu. The Party option was finally added. Greyed out until you get the above mentioned Berseker, because then the party size is more than 4.

Those look really nice, aside from the logo in the background. Why is it there? The player doesn't need to be constantly reminded what the title of the game is, and it makes for a pretty big distraction when it's directly behind menu text.
I figured I needed something to cover up all that negative black space. XD
Max McGee
Nice lookin' menus Yuna21.

I was creating new characters for Lionheart. Now that I've got the initial setup for Toryl and Duina done, I'm moving forward with the cutscenes that are going to lead up to the siege of Dreadmoor.
author=yuna21
Did some menu redesigns because I was in the mood.

And main menu. The Party option was finally added. Greyed out until you get the above mentioned Berseker, because then the party size is more than 4.

Very nice looking menu, I must admit.

Though the "0Coins" thing looks weird to me, maybe it's just the lack of space, and the logo behind the menu is quite jarring. The actual logo itself isn't too bad, but the text is quite distracting. Maybe try it without the text and just the yellow crest behind it? Maybe even rotate it 90 degrees and have the crest protrude from the left side of the menu toward the right.
I'm gonna second: The text on the logo is distracting, so try it without the logo. And a space between 0 and Coins would be good.

Other than that, it is gorgeous. Okay, that might be overstating it a little, but I do really like it.
All right, guys. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the input. =)
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Kiana
I've spent the last two weeks (give or take a day) working on a game inspired by one of my childhood passions. It's definitely still in the planning stage, as most of my time and energy has gone towards figuring out the general plot and key characters.

Also implementing scripts and removing any scripts that I initially felt would be a good addition, but no longer fit once I got a more concrete idea of the mechanics I was after. A few compromises had to be made due to script incompatibilities, but that's why I'm working this out first.

Somewhere in between all of that, I made the world map. It was a fun break.

On the mechanics side of things, I've reduced the number of stats. Each character only has four: Power, Resistance, Speed and Energy. Energy works as both HP and MP, so there's an inherent risk in using powerful but costly spells. I did a little window adjusting to make some of the menus look a bit nicer with the reduced number of stats (and increased number of equipment slots), which was also quite fun. Though occasionally frustrating.

I'm also employing a Pokemon-esque system where losing a battle just teleports you somewhere safe. So failure just means you lose some cash (based on the total party level) and have to run through that dungeon again, but you keep any exp and items you picked up.

Today, I took a break to start drawing some art assets for the game. Below is one of them.

Over a decade of practice and hands are still impossible to get right. Even I reduce the number of digits.
You will probably find out very quickly that I have a fondness for white hair.

Hopefully, it will be my first submission to RMN. And with some (possibly a lot) of luck, it will be my first completed game.
THIS! This right here? This is the sort of style I myself was going for with this little thing.
Drawing Galaxion Peacekeepers was a fun exercise of today.

Inspired a little by Irken Soldiers.

Also did other stuff but its not huge on visuals, but see this list for my progress yesterday and today.

12/01/2014:
-Began large update to Postmartia.
-Updated some faces used in different situations.
-Fixed what remained bugwise from the last Press build testing phase.
-Did the art for Sod and Baron Gadzoo of Tekerlek
-Updated all pre-end game obelisks.
-Fixed some sound issues in Adashi's battle.
-Rephrased a little of Zardari's dialogue.
-Updated Asarath's dialogue to exclude mention of the Paxton, as it no longer exists.
-A save prompt is called before every Ogg Theora video cutscene.
-Title Menu Credits were updated.

12/02/2014:
-Began and Finished drawing Galaxion Peacekeepers (stationed around Postmartia) and they look pretty badass.
-Added some holograms of Corporation XVI members around Postmartia's Central Plaza.
-Finished the update to Postmartia.
-Fixed some typos in dialogue.
-Removed the forbidden word and changed it to douche.
-Unticked Stepping animation for Safael.
-Fixed a tile error on Galaxia: City 17
-Fixed a tile error on Postmartia: Refuge Plaza
-End Scene credits were updated.
-Tested ending, Outside of two images needing to be updated, it's good to go.
-Updated face graphic for Hellcat
-Fixed up some wrong showing of faces in Dialogue
Updated the menus. Removed the logos in the background, and edited the default Shop_Scene window in VX ( I'm no coder though. I got the idea from a really old VX game called A Dust Tale, which was unencrypted ). I like to keep my menus clean but attractive at the same time. Less is really more sometimes.

...I'm plotting a game starring a grandma instead of working on Origin.

don't look at me don't touch me don't climb into my shamecube OTL OTL OTL

(no but really it's gonna be cute as hell i am very excited <3)
author=emmych

Is it a cookie baking simulator?
author=Kiana
author=emmych

After grass simulator, I will be surprised by nothing.
Prologue for my MoG entry largely done. Just a few microcutscenes and stuff left and I can start on the ACTUAL game.

Although, I worry that even though I'm trying on purpose to make the prologue look like a standard JRPG final dungeon (though still interesting), that I'll lose people before they even finish it. Gonna at least make battles fast and snappy in it so they can get on to the actual meat of the game relatively quick.

BTW, did I mention? The premise of my game is "What happens in an RPG once the main villain dies and the credits roll?". The tutorial is LITERALLY a "Final dungeon" complete with Demon King on a throne. XD

I'm really looking forward to getting the rest really rolling. Next thing on my list is messing around with the other tilesets I'll be using, seeing what kinds of dungeons I can make with them, and then making a world map that can reflect those locations.

author=yuna21
Updated the menus.

The lack of logo makes it look much cleaner. :D

Also, I gotta say, somehow, that Princess makes me want to give her a hug. She looks really sweet. (waits for plot twist that she's a bona fide badass, at which point I would want to give her a high five too)

author=emmych

don't look at me don't touch me don't climb into my shamecube OTL OTL OTL

Get out of that shamecube THIS INSTANT and tell me more about this grandma game! I am legit curious now! XD
author=Kiana
author=emmych
no it's a game about hunting vampires

OTL OTL OTL

*hides in vampire loving shamecube*

MY LOVE FOR VAMPIRES WILL NEVER FALTER OTL OTL OTL

author=Aegix_Drakan
Get out of that shamecube THIS INSTANT and tell me more about this grandma game! I am legit curious now! XD
well like i said it's a vampire hunting game in which you go to save your grandson from an EVIL, DRACULA-LIKE VAMPIRE. He's been kidnapped by the EVIL VAMPIRE, so you, the grandma, along with a by-the-books priest and your grandson's hot-headed boyfriend, storm the castle to mount a rescue and SLAY SOME VAMPIRES.

You also encounter ghosties and other vamps along the way! IT'S GOING TO BE VERY SWEET the story is all about ~love~ and ~forgiveness~ and it's cute. It's gonna be real short, though, since ah-hahahahahahahahhahaha mAKING A LONG ASS GAME..... I'M ALREADY DOING THAT OTL
Would someone mind telling me what 'OTL' means?

And I'm now imagining Grandma Buffy.
Max McGee
author=Kiana
Would someone mind telling me what 'OTL' means?

it is supposed to look like a lady bending over to take it in the butt, I think

I don't see it myself