WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

I am making a educational game for a future English tutoring course I am setting up.
Really got to thank Tsukihime for that text input script, it's going to be super useful on this question based battle system. (Answering a question correctly will deal damage to the enemy. If the answer is the "best" answer, it will deal critical damage. If the answer is "right" but not the ideal answer, it will deal normal damage. And if you miss, it will allow the enemy to deal damage to the hero.)

I think I can inspire my students to read faster if I am using a kinesthetic form of teaching with this game. It's something I think will help with certain problem students I have had difficulty teaching before.

My only worry is submitting it on RMN, mostly because it's a bilingual Japanese-English game, and god knows my japanese writing is not perfect.

Do you guys have any other ideas I could implement into a educational based rpg?
author=Marrend
Actually, why not just put the associated spells on the catalysts themselves? Characters equip catalysts, right? I mean, you might need to mess with how equipment works, or what equipment can go where, but, it's a thought. Maybe I'm over-simplifying what you're trying to do, though.

How it works now is: As long as you have the offensive catalyst "Relais: Spark" equipped, you can use "Relais: Spark", if you change it, you have another offensive machina.
To your idea: A Common Event System could be nice too actually... The thing you thought is what I have done with the Traits-System of the Maker so far though. But nice idea to get Common Events into action. Thanks a lot :)
I finally got my schedule system fairly functional. There's still a ton of manual input involved, but it's simplified heavily. All I really have to do is input what a character is supposed to be doing on every 10-minute marker.

I also fixed it so that if a character is told to spawn at Spot A during minute 10 and be at Spot B by minute 20, if the player walks into the scene at minute 15 the character is spawned at the (SpotA + (TimeMinutes%10 * (0.1 * (SpotB - SpotA)))), which is just a fancy equation for saying that the character is spawned halfway to the destination, completely cutting any lag errors.

Feeling pretty good about this!
Finnished my game and now I am bored :/
Waiting for my betatesters D:

Gnargh! I want to do something! D:
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
make my game for me
author=Frogge
make my game for me

Erry gam developa eva.
Frogge
author=Schwer-von-Begriff
author=Frogge
make my game for me
Erry gam developa eva.

If u won u can mak my gam 2 k?
author=Frogge
author=Frogge
make my game for me
Erry gam developa eva.

Nah I alrdy hav ova 3 gams that I mak. X_X
And I've been so lazy making them that I made a New Years Resolution work plan for them.
Maybe that way I can finish something for once.
Frogge
author=Frogge
author=Frogge
make my game for me
Erry gam developa eva.
And I've been so lazy making them that I made a New Years Resolution work plan for them.

it be k u can always mak me gam later
gl to you, I know the feeling
author=Frogge
author=Frogge
author=Frogge
make my game for me
Erry gam developa eva.
it be k u can always mak me gam later
gl to you, I know the feeling

....nope °^°
xD
I've been working on the next character portraits for Silent End, which is currently still in its very early stages. I'm not used to drawing cats so the anatomy might be a little wonky, but overall I like the look of Valdis. She still needs to get some more shading and highlights, though.

Working on progressing the game story a bit more, fixing up...some dialogue...that are very...similar to this. Because lord knows what I was thinking when I thought using ellipses was a good idea. Ugh...

Anywho, also buffed some character skills (now a couple characters can give a doublecast buff to a party member. One has 10 skill levels, giving up to 50% chance for doublecasting each turn for 60 turns. The other character has 4 levels for it which starts at 10 turns and ends at 25 turns at max level, but has a 100% chance to let the party member doublecast. I figured it'd give that character a bit more utility and whatnot. Aya still needs updated badly though...). Revives got a massive buff (Reimu's revive now revives and restores 10% Max HP instead of 1% at level 1, and at level 4 now revives up to 25% instead of 10%. Sanae, on the other hand, revives 20% at level 1 instead of 10%, and goes up to 60% at level 3 instead of 25/50% or whatever it used to be).

In addition, I am trying to figure out how to remap Pandemonium. Still. Anyone got a good suggestion for tilesets or design for this place? Because...it's kinda annoying to figure out what to do with it and whatnot. But it needs sized down to not be so stupidly annoying. Hollowed Caverns is also going to get waypoints so getting around that stupid dungeon is easier (I hate that dungeon but I don't feel like remapping the entire place, so cheesing it out by having Waypoints). Once I get all that done, I just need to update the enemies/bosses for Pandemonium and Hollowed Caverns, and I'll be right back to where I was originally before updating all the beta1-4 stuff. Meaning...I may need your help again with brainstorming again, LockeZ! If you're up to it ehehehe...^^;
Working on a short survival horror game with visuals heavily inspired by SnowOwl.

Current Enemies
<Top 1> Axle
<Top 2> Queen of the Forest
<Top 3> Corpse Feeder
<Middle 1> Flesh/Blood Doll
<Middle 2> Death Stalker
<Middle 3> Mangler Fish
<Middle 4> Schrodinger
<Bottom 1> Cricket Man
<Bottom 2> Wall Fly
Tried playing around with MV today...

... I'm not happy with the results. I just can't seem to make a good looking town with this style tileset...
Just got back into the community, thinking about using MV...what is the general consensus here?
Playing with MV, and have idea for a Final Fantasy themed game.

If the above didn't make you stop reading, let's move on.

There was a great and terrible war over the six crystals, because the crystals brought prosperity, blessings, and kept monsters at bay. Naturally, some greedy assholes wanted the whole set for themselves.

Lots and lots of people died, as is the case with wars. The crystals' blessings ceased, the war did not. Battles continued to be waged over floating hunks of magical rock that no longer granted their life-giving boons.

The thing that finally brought the world back to their senses? A young bardess by the name of Reisma, whose lamentations of what the wars had wrought reached so far and with such stinging poignancy that entire armies realized the futility of killing. As soldiers laid down their arms, those in power were forced to consider that their practices were wrong. Treaties were forged to share the crystals power, now returning once the madness and bloodshed ended.

Reisma went on to sing other songs- joy, love, melancholy... and as those who stop wars are so often treated, even after her death of old age, she was regarded as a messenger of God, sent to bring His wayward children back to their senses.

Those who can afford the effort and expense make pilgrimages to the crystals, hoping to prove themselves worthy of the ancient power and wisdom they hold. Alas, such power is needed still. Monsters roam the lands, and not even the co-operations of the kingdoms and their crystals can root out every single infestation. Scum still prowl the land- slavers, cultists, highwaymen- and demand for those willing to hunt down and destroy such vermin grows. Many, for reasons of security and ensuring success, band together to face these problems, often simply known as adventurers. Which each success, these adventuring groups' fame grows... as does their price.

Yet, in this time of wonders and heroism, there are those unsatisfied by mere pilgrimages and enlightenment.

They are swayed by new, terrible legends and lore that promise great power for those with the stomach and ambition to sacrifice to achieve their desires.

One such person has discovered the fabled "Ring of Solomon", an artifact said to grant control over the demonic hordes of the hellish Abyss...

The story centers on a new group of adventurers, one that hasn't even met yet...

A prince errant, disgusted with his father's excess, flees from nobility...

A thief, surviving off the wealth of the greedy, hides in shadows for his next catch...

A novice student of the black arts labors in a thankless job to keep his village free of monsters even as he is treated as an outcast for his meager power...

A healer in a monastery awakens from a terrible dream in which the gates of hell open, spreading nightmares unnameable onto the earth...

You, dear reader, have doubtlessly heard something similar before. It's unavoidable.

In this of magic, swords, and mad science, it's Just Another Story.

FINAL FANTASY- JUST ANOTHER STORY
In development.
@ Pyramid_Head – I dunno, I don’t think it looks that bad. Yeah, it’s a bit bland at the moment because there are no cracks on the road or any NPC’s running around, or anything like that, but it’s not a bad attempt at using the tileset, actually.

Hey, don’t worry, I’ve seen a lot worse.
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
author=Ramshackin
Let me know how you do it! It can be tedious to choose between pull or push every time the player interacts with a rock, and I wasn't sure about adding an extra button whose only functionality was to pull rocks.

My idea was to make it Zelda-like: the button holds the rock, and the d-pad pushes/pulls.
author=Sated
The problem with Pyramid's map are two-fold. One, there is no reason for those roads to have jagged intersections if the town is established enough that it has paved roads. Two, putting buildings next to one another instead of making them all detached from one another will help a bunch.

Much obliged for the feedback. I can try to take what you said into consideration and give it another bash, my only quarrel is I can't seem to get anything to look right with the tileset.