WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
Working on an excuse to spend all night messing with RPG Maker instead of giving my family attention.
Go for it, I say. I moved out so I didn't have to make up excuses.
Working on launching a kickstarter and public demo my project with Something Classic. We've been working for a year...we have a cool trailer to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbyegRUVXac

Gretgor
Need to figure out what to do with my caterpillar system characters while a character pulls a rock (you know, to avoid said caterpillar characters getting "run over")

Example:

Blue bandana kid is going to push that rock to the right.

When he does, the girl (ignoring collision) walks to occupy the space previously occupied by him (in caterpillar fashion), but ends up on top of the rock.

Any ideas? I can't make her walk behind the boy, or else she'd end up being on top of the plant right behind him if I pulled far enough.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Why's it matter if they get run over? They already get run over any time the hero turns around and walks back the way he came.

There's a reason no one ever combines caterpillar systems with Zelda puzzles though. Anything more complex and they can get trapped inside walls and stuff. Maybe you should make it so when the player presses the grab button, all the folloers move to share the same tile with the hero, and then when the player walks forward or backward, the whole overlapping party moves in unison.
Thinking about reviving a game I working on in 2k3 to MV. Looks like it would be alot of work but it could be fun especially with the plugins
Gretgor
author=LockeZ
Maybe you should make it so when the player presses the grab button, all the followers move to share the same tile with the hero, and then when the player walks forward or backward, the whole overlapping party moves in unison.

This is a good idea, actually. I think I'm gonna do just that.
Working on trying to get my art into the game for portraits/battle sprites. Man this is tough. I don't have any mouse-pen thingie, so I've got a find a way to get my art into computer, pull it up in a paint program, and edit it into a sprite from there.

May ask for help on the forums later for programs, etc.
author=Gredge109
Working on trying to get my art into the game for portraits/battle sprites. Man this is tough. I don't have any mouse-pen thingie, so I've got a find a way to get my art into computer, pull it up in a paint program, and edit it into a sprite from there.

Most art programs are pretty expensive. Clip Studio Paint only costs around 50 bucks though, and Gimp is free. I'm personally using SAI, but I will probably change to Clip Studio Paint soon.

You can get decent drawing tablets at pretty decent prices. If you want something that's good for an average artist I can recommend you the Wacom Intuos, but that already costs around 150 bucks. There are cheaper ones, though, but you have to live with setbacks like a less steady pen sensitivity or smaller dimensions of the tablet.
author=Sated
author=Gredge109

Oh, I used MS Paint to do that once (with artwork a friend drew for me)...

... it took me ages, I don't recommend it.

Phew! Yeah I think I'm just going to keep it small if I do it. Maybe character faces and some static battle sprites.

author=Schwer-von-Begriff
author=Gredge109

Most art programs are pretty expensive. Clip Studio Paint only costs around 50 bucks though, and Gimp is free. I'm personally using SAI, but I will probably change to Clip Studio Paint soon.

You can get decent drawing tablets at pretty decent prices. If you want something that's good for an average artist I can recommend you the Wacom Intuos, but that already costs around 150 bucks. There are cheaper ones, though, but you have to live with setbacks like a less steady pen sensitivity or smaller dimensions of the tablet.

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. I may look into some of those. I have gimp which I've been using to experiment with pixel art, but I think if I can somehow digitize my actual drawings and then pixel over them, I'll be set.
Just started using vx ace. Using bare bone skills and the given utilities so nothing is "fresh" besides the generator.

I've already finished up an event fight scene using the event triggers.
I'm surprised at how smooth it can look once you figure out the right settings.

Also, I'm completely new at this stuff. Thanks to youtube and countless reading, especially from here, I've gotten a lot done.
RPG Maker never had any good ways for fine-tuning stat growths or letting you use a formula. So I'm having the time of my life inserting the stats of 8 characters for 50 levels, all by hand.
I was working with Rpg maker vx and MV lately but I can't get used to it after years with RM 2000& 2003.

Aside RPG makers I am working on the metroidvanai concept... I am taking break from all stuff for 2-3weeks and I plan to try out some commercial(all kind) and free RM games.

*music is provisional

Work started for me again, so I'm quieter than a mouse. But still been making time to do some battlers. I use the VX/Ace enemies as templates then work from there.

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I decided to kick myself in the ass and start finishing Neo Retro Super Mario Bros. I mustered up a cutscene tonight, now all I have to do is an ending sequence, a credits level I have planned, and maybe fine-tune some of the levels a bit.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
I'll start mah gam mak after finishing our SIP (Science Investigation Project) template. Mah gam's gonna have multiple choices on the story.
Been building a monster gauntlet minigame with a twist, the player is the one choosing the monster groups and placing the traps. It's similar to FF My Life as a Dark Lord, which plays like a tower defense where the player is the villain placing monsters to stop waves of heroes.

There are 4 rooms with 3 spaces each for monster placing, and between each room is a space for traps. Heroes will enter a room, exchange blows with all the monsters, then move to the next room.

As you fight monsters and bosses in the core game, they will drop miniature figures which will unlock that monster as a placeable type in this minigame.