WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Heavily WiP sprite of Hisao for the reworked version of The Haunted World: Hell's Gate. Have to redo his hair, but he looks cute enough, I guess?
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I just started the project but I feel like I should share the idea anyway.
I'm working on a little dungeon crawler like fantasy rpg where you play as Eric and Ulrika. Instead of the usual being heroes though, they are both frauds. Whenever there is a dungeon they are asked to clean out, they stop at nearby towns and Ulrika uses brainwash magic to get the people to go into battle for them. The idea is that you need to find as many people as possible and get past the dungeons. Some people are resistant though, so you will need to get them to like you before you can get them to join you. That's the basic idea :P So far only got a town map done XD (It's supposed to be pretty light-hearted btw, as Eric is a loveable idiot and Ulrika is always saving his butt. Pretty much classic loveable idiot duo.)
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
That dungeon looks very cute :)
This is what I've been doing all day: making my own tile set. Made grass, dirt, couple variations each (there's another variation that I was going to use, but I accidentally recolored it), some stone tile floors and stone walls, and its ceiling. And that's all! So everything you see here is as much as I've made.

Simple? Yup. Flat? You bet. Empty? True, haven't made the objects yet. But do I love it? Heck yeah, it's mine!

Back to work. Got a bunch of battlers I may show off later. May make an NES style game with full custom graphics. Will update as I add more to my tileset!

@Gretgor: Thank you! Editing this so I don't double post.
Gretgor
It's got an old school 80's Roguelike vibe to it, I like it.
I am working on some very simple menus, there's not much options, not even equip in this game... (I destroyed that metroidvania-ability-complex menus yesterday! No more metroidvania game! i am sticking to something more generic as classic platformer with RPG elements) and I have to re-create menus again x_x.
*graphical mockups only

I wish English language for my native language. since it's so text based i am not even sure if I am having right descriptions. Such a pain! And what about those poor npcs back in the village. :(

I actually semi-started to to work on this old (cancelled) project and fixed some dash-bugs there, dash works awesome now. so fast that even I forgot to jump over the spikes.
Gretgor
Rebezion, that's awesome, both graphics-wise and gameplay-wise. What engine are you using?
Gretgor
Sated, I really like that mine, it seems to be pretty vast and full of curious things to explore (abandoned mining structures, dorms, etcetera). Are any of the events in the corridors between rooms going to be, like, gates to separate the different parts? Also, the minecart puzzle (which you showed on a gif earlier) looks cool, what are the mechanics you're gonna use?

Also, this:

From top row to bottom row: characters holding colored orbs, colored orbs on the floor, "mats" on which the orbs must be placed to trigger things, frontal view of colored gates, lateral view of colored gates.

In an attempt to keep things color blind friendly, I made every pattern differ in shape as well as color (by the way, since I'm not color blind myself, I can't verify this, but are the objects easy to distinguish?)

So, what do you guys think? Are all objects easy to distinguish? I'm open to suggestions and critique.

Also, should I just create a project page at once, or should I wait until I have some actual gameplay ready?
@Sated:
Maybe you want to make the minecart block the way to force the player to interact with it. Preferrably such that you have to interact with it from the right angle. Also, don't make it possible for the player to block themselves in obviously.

@Gredge:
While the doors look pretty nice on their own, they'd fit better into the tileset if they were blockier. Also, maybe you want some wavy pattern in the water as well.
@Gretgor: Thank you! I'm happy to hear it has that old-school appeal.

@LightningLord2: Whoops, there's no doors on that picture, which probably means I messed some of the art up! I do have windows around the building and throughout, but they may not be drawn very well.

Yeah I've been putting off that water for last, but I really should add detail to it now. Thank you for your comments!
@Gregtor I think you asked once before .) Its clickteam fusion,
Gretgor
author=Sated
The corridors do indeed have blockades that you need to find a way to break down (involving the minecarts) in order to get through to the next area. The minecarts have different junctions that can be controlled using switches, and the minecarts can also be loaded with material to make them heavier, but that's about it; the mechanics of the puzzles are pretty basic but they operate very smoothly and so I think they'll provide a decent enough barrier to progression. There'll be battles too, of course; I've not quite decided whether or not they'll be random encounters but I think I probably will use random encounters since I like random encounters.

I like this. Simple but effective puzzles are the best for RPG dungeons, and this sounds like a nice concept.

author=Sated
Now that you've changed the colour and shape of that last block, it's a lot easier to tell what is going on. The shape of the middle two are kinda similar to one another though; you might want to make it so that one of them doesn't have rounded edges just so that the specificity is really hammered home?

I think I'll do just that, together with a few other changes :)

author=Rebezion
I am happy with the menu.

It looks good! Easy to read, works smoothly, and is pretty intuitive.
Spent most of my day making another tileset and I came up with this, and still have some room to go. More characters can easily be added to the set as I go along. This is my unique tileset and font, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Unseen: Impending doom.

I removed the questions that used to b e here because I already decided how I want it to work. So... enjoy this screenshot of a rogue-like-ish game I'm working on!
I am working on this game:

TIME: WASTELAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC9WGIdrzJM

PLOT:

The new government uses tax money to support the non working man.

The industry should shut down for a clean environment.
No energy production is needed. 100% unemployment is their goal.
With no factories and no workers, there would be no emission at all.
The world shall be a place of enslaved humans under total control by the society.

You must decide what to do...
The decisions you make will affect how the War begins and who will benefit from it.

Will you go back to change what have happened?

You change things in the Pre War time..
..they will affect the future....

Will you be able to stop the War.. ..or do war never change?
Gretgor
IamDavej: I have to say your plot is somewhat confusing to me, I'm so sorry. What would the industry, or the government, have to gain by shutting industries down and reaching an 100% unemployment rate? And how exactly would that lead to slavery? These things need to be clarified for the plot to be consistent.

As for the government using tax money to support non working men... that's true since feudal ages (royal families were full of rich parasites). It'd be better if you specified what non working men you're talking about, so we don't get confused.

I have to say, though, that you seem to be using some very interesting puzzle mechanics in your game, judging by your video! :)

Keep it up, but try to clarify the plot a bit more.
author=Gretgor
IamDavej: I have to say your plot is somewhat confusing to me, I'm so sorry. What would the industry, or the government, have to gain by shutting industries down and reaching an 100% unemployment rate? And how exactly would that lead to slavery? These things need to be clarified for the plot to be consistent....

Yes, I understand the confusion. The game begins where you turn the TV on and get this as news:

"The new government uses tax money to support the non working man.
The world shall be a place of enslaved humans under total control by the society."

It is like an "extreme parody" of the government we have today.
The "non working man" the unemployed.

The fact is that they ARE shutting down more and more factories and giving more and more money to the unemployed who almost gets more money than a hard working person. They are also shutting down our power plants to get a clean environment.

THAT is what this game is about.. But more extreme as it is a "fantasy/fiction game". In the game they take it all the way. 100% unemployment and NO factories.

What would humanity be if no one is working and we all get our money from the government? Totally dependent? Enslaved?

Is it a bit clerer now?

OH! I Forgot... Why would they do that?
Well.. that is a bit of a spoiler. But I can say this:

They are not doing it for themselves. They are doing it for the environment.
In their "ultimate plan" there would be no humans that can destroy the environment.

I rewrote it a bit:

The new government uses tax money to support the unemployed.
The humans shall be completely dependent on the new government.

Will humanity obey and just watch as the new world is forming?
Will there be a new world without humans where the environment can thrive?
There will be War...

One person can stop this. You are that person, the chosen one.
Will you do it?

You must decide what to do...
The decisions you make will affect how the War begins and who will benefit from it.

Will you go back to change what have happened?

You change things in the Pre War time..
..they will affect the future....

Will you be able to stop the War.. ..or do war never change?