WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=LightningLord2
@SgtMettool: hoi!

Now that you mention it, they do kind of look like Temmies...
The new slime sprite looks cool, but I'm drawn more to the old sprites, especially the :3 face.

I'm nearing the end of the current chapter of my game, and I'm struggling to think of a name for the next chapter. The current chapter is titled 'The Megalith' and I was thinking for the next chapter to call it either 'The Expedition' or 'The Megalith Part 2' (For each scenario in Steel Spirit SaGa, the chapters have a naming theme. Zach's chapters are always 'The <insert word here>')
author=Pyramid_Head
The new slime sprite looks cool, but I'm drawn more to the old sprites, especially the :3 face.

I'm nearing the end of the current chapter of my game, and I'm struggling to think of a name for the next chapter. The current chapter is titled 'The Megalith' and I was thinking for the next chapter to call it either 'The Expedition' or 'The Megalith Part 2' (For each scenario in Steel Spirit SaGa, the chapters have a naming theme. Zach's chapters are always 'The <insert word here>')

Megalith 2: Electric Bogaloo
Finishing the Game Design Document of my current unnamed project (RM2K3). The main areas (and what you can do when you reach there) are defined, as well as the conflicts in each one.

This gives me directions: now I know the scenarios, I need to find good chipsets (tilesets) to represent them; now I know the main conflicts, I need to find battlers...

So far I'm writing the game in Portuguese. If there's a way to include a bilingual possibility, I'd happily translate a few things. However, I'm not aware of how this can be accomplished in this maker.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

I've started implementing flavor text for nearly every otherwise useless object in the game. This will help give a little more life to the world; critique I've seen in many of my games over the years that I'd like to tackle. And by referencing common events I'll be able to not only keep things consistent but change every object at once should I feel like a piece of dialogue isn't up to par or doesn't convey the intended mood.

NPCs and open houses will come later.
You know that is actually a pretty cool idea. I'm kicking myself for never even considering it.
I told myself I was gonna take a break from gam mak for a week and then I ended up making the majority of a tileset last night. Whoops.
trying out doin some tiles

i wanted to do something cartoony looking that doesn't look like earthbound

no idea what i'm doing

edit:

well

that could have gone better

at least i'm learning something

(so this is why they tell you to start pasting your tiles over the rtp as a template)
i am implenting some AIs to enemies, great deal!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
In my online game, which uses a Final Fantasy Tactics based class system, I'm in the process of adding a set of mid-to-highish level bosses based on the different classes. There are 35 classes and the idea is to have one boss per class, and each boss will be a hero who uses that class. When you beat them you get a big-ass chunk of AP for that class.

The general idea behind making these bosses is that by the time they're high level, players often have a small handful of classes that they've focused on and have gained a lot of AP in. The rewards from these bosses will give higher level players a way to branch out into other classes without having to grind them up from scratch.

For example, if you defeat Kain, you get 20000 Dragoon AP. You can beat him while playing as any class; you don't have to be a Dragoon yourself. 20000 AP isn't that much to a player who has been using Dragoon as their main class all along, but for a player who has been ignoring Dragoon, it will let them learn all the starting skills and most of the intermediate skills, and power all those skills up to the point where they feel worthwhile.

The catch is that you can't choose what order you fight the bosses in. It's random, so you might get the Dragoon boss first or you might get it eighteenth. If people could pick the order I'm sure they would all just get AP for their main class and then leave. Also, unlocking the fights is done gradually, since fighting 35 bosses in a row would be absolutely nuts.

Currently only nine of the bosses are done.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
35 bosses in a row is too much? my next game will be 36 random bosses. enjoy. (that actually sounds really cool though.)
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Got some more character sprites plugged in, which means I can finally capture my favorite stupid joke in the game (so far)! Spoilered for long pic.

author=Craze
35 bosses in a row is too much?

Never stopped Bravely Default.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=SgtMettool
author=Craze
these bosses in my game are literally called asterisk bearers

(coming up with Squaresoft characters to represent the Oracle and Mediator jobs in these boss fights is pretty horrible)
author=LockeZ
author=SgtMettool
author=Craze
these bosses in my game are literally called asterisk bearers

(coming up with Squaresoft characters to represent the Oracle and Mediator jobs in these boss fights is pretty horrible)

I suggest playing through an entry with plenty NPCs and pick some random extra nobody cares about.

Working on a new character template for 16x16 tile stuff. I'd say I'm off to a good start, or at least a better start than usual.
working on intros following by cutscenes. because my native lang is czech -> my eng is not so good so I paid for the translation of prologue to make it ok, so it should be 100% if not errr.... I guess I will lose my faith in freelancers :P .

There are numerous grammatical problems with that translation.
Heck ! No more freelancers for me, wasted payment.

EDIT: (dont wanna answer in separate posts)
@grindalf thank you for saying it. I am a bit sad and mad simultaneously. Even I had some trouble to understand some parts and literally some words even were changed. eg. hefty gun(?) = blade in original.

freelancer.com, guru, etc was recommended to me. So I made a request there to translate my prologue there. It is really not nice experience for the very first time and i lost trust in those servers completely. Freelancer stopped responding after she got paid. I guess everyone gets what he deserves. I am too trustful and obliging.
Im very sorry to say but that translation is so poor there are parts I cant actually understand.