WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Chilly-Pheese-Steak
I've been working on menus. I never thought that making a menu in 2k3 would be harder than making a battle system.

Holy effin' crap! Congrats on that custom 2kr menu.

I'm currently (read sporadically) working on games to release in RMN to your general disapproval.
it is wrong to be focusing in a Kingdom Hearts Fangame when my original project is being completely forgotten.

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=emelian65
it is wrong to be focusing in a Kingdom Hearts Fangame when my original project is being completely forgotten.

I don't think thre's anything wrong with that. You should be allowed to make whatever you want~ I like your maps. The trees at the right side of the first map appear to be broken, though. Also what are those pillars in the water supposed to be?
author=Frogge
I don't think thre's anything wrong with that. You should be allowed to make whatever you want~ I like your maps. The trees at the right side of the first map appear to be broken, though. Also what are those pillars in the water supposed to be?

The first Map:
That's a test of something that is terribly wrong and it shows that I can edit images Tiles but I cannot do miracles.

The second Map:
The Stones pillars are for a Jump tutorial.

Some screenies from a text-based project that I decided to get back in the grove of gam mak. I'll probably have to simplify it so that it doesn't get out of control.
Something dumb I made with soundtrap.
I am adding some parallax bg to village, since you will visit it very often.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Currently working on a stealth game of some sorts, it's going to be a semi-prequel to my first game.
author=Rebezion
I am adding some parallax bg to village, since you will visit it very often.

That is beautiful.

author=OzzyTheOne
Currently working on a stealth game of some sorts, it's going to be a semi-prequel to my first game.

What game was that?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D

Whipped up a few NPC designs for Prayer of the Faithless. Not a huge fan of the ninja on the right, but I think everyone else is a keeper.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Arandomgamemaker
author=OzzyTheOne
What game was that?

The very first game I submitted on this site. The game was recently uploaded.
That paralaxing background looks great!

I've been working on some maps for Kingdoms of the Dump
(there will be an indepth map of each kingdom. I will eventually pixel over these for the actual world map, right now these are for the manual/website)

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Testing out a few new (from my personal experience) things with the whole using-pictures-for-message-boxes deal. Found a way around Rm2k3 still displaying an empty message box when you use the \$ command, and used the same system set to turn the large selection box into a small arrow, that way I won't need to have a crazy long message box for small options like Yes/No and Enter/Don't Enter.

Between stuff like this, detailed facesets and fine tuning items and equipment to get the most out of their options, I really feel like I'm now doing enough with the program to justify using RTP and the default menu/battle systems. Hopefully now people will feel less like it's just some rtp dragongame and more a product of care and discipline.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Corfaisus
Testing out a few new (from my personal experience) things with the whole using-pictures-for-message-boxes deal. Found a way around Rm2k3 still displaying an empty message box when you use the \$ command, and used the same system set to turn the large selection box into a small arrow, that way I won't need to have a crazy long message box for small options like Yes/No and Enter/Don't Enter.

Between stuff like this, detailed facesets and fine tuning items and equipment to get the most out of their options, I really feel like I'm now doing enough with the program to justify using RTP and the default menu/battle systems. Hopefully now people will feel less like it's just some rtp dragongame and more a product of care and discipline.

This look nice! I envy the people that already know how to manipulate windows and such, I still have to learn that. D:
author=OzzyTheOne
This look nice! I envy the people that already know how to manipulate windows and such, I still have to learn that. D:

In rm2003 you would do it by using transparent message and picture (of dialog box) at the bottom of the screen.
While I was working on ideas for a game with some of the sprites I made weeks earlier, I came up with an idea for a sort of... "ship".

In the game-in-planning, these two characters will be in some sort of strong friendship bond and in a developing romance. Keep in mind that the romance will be more similar to child romance than teen or adult romance (I mean, the two characters are 9 years of age!), so expect mainly hugging and kissing on the cheeks, maybe even hand-holding.

I came up with this friendship/love-ship after looking at a few other ships related to children, mainly Ninten-Ana from Earthbound Beginnings, and a little bit of listening to Owl City's "Good Time".

I'm a sucker for this ship. Children ship is a go! :)

EDIT:
Not too sure if this post is in the wrong place, but I was also editing the sprites and making a few new ones, so this image is showcasing some of the newer sprite poses.

Please don't sue me!
I am working on menus for few past days, wip screen so its still messy:

I am replacing old code and design of item section
since I double-posted with google refresh, I will use this post to prevent spamposts.

Edit 11/7 , some recent spriting
Almost done with all of this dungeon! Just need to decide on what to do with a few enemies/bosses, and how to code them. For those interested, this is what's left:

Tonberry (Weak to Poison/Mystic):

Voodoo: Restores HP to the Tonberry and inflicts damage to the party equal to the amount of HP it has lost. I'm thinking of changing this outright as I'm not sure how to do this, and I think this is too cheap of a move, considering it has Traveler (Damage = # of Steps player has taken/32 to one party member), Chef's Knife (9999 damage + Instant Death to one. Used once every 60 turns), Everyone's Grudge (Damage = # of battles fought to one party member), and Time Attack (Damage = (100 x hours played) + minutes played to one party member).

Zodiark (Weak to Mystic. Absorbs Shadow. Halves all other elements):

Final Eclipse: Game Over.
Banish Ray: Inflicts 9999 Shadow-elemental damage to one target.
Darkening Cloud: 50% chance per party member to inflict 9999 damage.

Zodiark has Flare (1000-2000 Fire-elemental magic damage to one), Scathe (1000 Fire-elemental magic damage to the party), Renew (Restores 9999 HP to self), Darkja (1000 Shadow-elemental magic damage and Instant Death to the party), and Graviga (Reduces party's HP by 3/4). Banish Ray may be fine as it is, and Final Eclipse is meant to be used ONLY after X amount of turns have passed. I've yet to decide on that since I don't know how hard this fight will be. Darkening Cloud is the one that I'm having issues with. OBVIOUSLY that effect isn't going to slide for a storyline boss, so I need something else for it. It was based on the Final Eclipse ability from FFTA2 but yeah...it also doesn't help that you fight another boss immediately after Zodiark without any breaks in-between outside of being able to access the menu.

Death:

Doom: Battle Event. Any time a character is revived, Death responds by inflicting Doom status on them. I'm not sure how to program this quite yet. Also, Death's the one fought immediately after Zodiark. She will fully heal the party before you fight her too. Currently, she has Traveler (same effect as before), Gates of Hades (2000 Fire-elemental magic damage to the party. Will probably be toned down to 1000 or so), Light of Penance (2500 Holy-elemental damage to one target), Reap (Drains and absorbs all HP of one target, 80% accuracy), and Lifebreak (Damage = Death's Max HP - current HP + 4% of the difference. So basically your normal Max HP - current HP powered up by 4%). Hilariously, she doesn't have any attacks that inflict Instant Death status at all in this fight.

Once those 3 are sorted out, I can begin testing this dungeon, then...time to map Reimaden! Anyone have tips on what to do for a map of a magician's mansion? I can probably reuse one of my tilesets for it easily, but not sure on the gimmick of the dungeon. You do need to open the door to where the boss is, which is right at the entrance actually upstairs, and to do this involves solving puzzles or activating switches or...something. Originally, the dungeon was going to have a mixture of ALL gimmicks of past dungeons, from beta1 to beta5 before this dungeon, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not...

Also, really would like to have more people to help brainstorm ideas and the like. Ya know, to make this go by faster. I'm actually almost done with beta5! Just have Fallen Shrine to finish up, then Reimaden, True Pandaemonium (events only), Silent Shrine (events and puzzle), Palanquin Ship (which only needs its gimmick and end dialogue), and Hokkai (no gimmicks, but just needs a map), and that's it for beta5! Then there's the rest of the game left (with 11 dungeons completely taken out. Because filler dungeons aren't needed here), which are:

Beta6: Hakurei Shrine Forest, Pandaemonium-R, Lunarian Capital, Lunarian Palace, Dimensional Rift, Sea of Clouds, and Bhava-Agra
Beta7: End of Gensokyo, Gaplands (trials might be axed out except for Reimu's), The Void, and Heart of Pandora.

None of which are mapped! So maybe someone would be interested in helping on mapping?

(Yes, I'm asking for help here. I know I shouldn't, but Help topics rarely ever work anyways, same with blogs, so eh!)

EDIT - Speaking of Zodiark...

Zodiark:

Attack
Flare: Inflicts 3000 Fire-elemental magic damage to one target.
Scathe: Inflicts 1000 Fire-elemental magic damage to the party.
Darkja: Inflicts 1500 Shadow-elemental magic damage, Instant Death, and Blind: oo to the party.
Renew: Restores 9999 HP to self.
Graviga: Reduces the party's HP by 3/4. 75% accuracy.
Banish Ray: Inflicts 9999 Shadow-elemental damage to one target.
Final Eclipse: Game Over. Used after 100 turns.

Reason I'm bringing this up is I'm thinking of making Zodiark's Darkening Cloud inflict Cursed, which would negate all healing (except % healing). But in this fight, would that even be necessary, given how he can OHKO most people (the highest HP normally would be about 2000-2500 HP, and that's assuming the player used said characters and leveled them up. Most others will have roughly 1000-2000). I feel I'm making Zodiark TOO difficult, especially since immediately afterwards the player fight's Death (she does fully heal you before you fight her, much like Rubicante does in FFIV. In fact, it's a reference to that). For reference, this is Death's skillset:

Death:

Gates of Hades: Inflicts 1200 Fire-elemental magic damage to the party.
Light of Penance: Inflicts 2000 Holy-elemental damage to one target.
Lifebreak: Inflicts unblockable non-elemental damage to one target equal to Death's Max HP - Current HP +4% of the total. Basically, 4% stronger than the difference between her Max and current HP.
Traveler: Inflicts non-elemental unblockable damage to one target equal to the number of steps the player has taken divided by 32.
Reap: Inflicts 9999 non-elemental physical damage to one target and drains HP. 80% accuracy.
Doom: Inflicts Doom: 20 turns to a character who was just revived.
Apocalypse: Inflicts 1500 non-elemental Ghost-type magic damage to the party. 100% accuracy. Dunno why it has GHOST but...
So last night, I wrote a script for a long cutscene in Notepad. Immediately after, I typed up the dialogue into message boxes in RPG Maker 2003 and called it a day without yet adding in character movement or anything. I was really proud of the dialogue I wrote and I consider it some of the best in the game thus far.

Apparently, I didn't save my work properly because the auto-start event is blank. I also didn't save the notepad file because I had already retyped it into RPG Maker. I'm really mad. I have to rewrite all of that dialogue. I'm normally really good with saving my work and I do remember hitting "apply" a bunch in the event, but I guess I somehow closed the program without saving.

Obviously there's nothing any of you guys can do about this. I'm just venting. Well, time to get to work.

EDIT: Turns out I didn't lose all of that dialogue! I found this out because I tried to test the map and the auto-start event began to run. I just have no idea where I placed the event! I can't find it! (It's a huge map). So I learned two valuable lessons:

Save your work constantly and be very careful!

and

Put your auto-start events in easy-to-find places!