WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

I'm no spriter or anything, but I do have someone finally doing spriting for one of my characters that isn't from any Touhou game~

Still a WIP, but I think it's turning out amazingly. Can't wait to see how he finishes this animation for Hope. This is the first frame of the idle stance, for reference of how the rest may look:

(This can go here, right?? I didn't put it in the wrong topic this time, right!?)
Well... for someone who's not a spriter that's some damn fine work.
Ah, no. -I- am no spriter, Graphicus (the person that did this) is. Although this IS his first try at the Hisoutensoku style, which in itself is extremely impressive.
I see. sorry I thought you did it. I didn't read it properly. I'm still waking up.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Well, I have been working on an update for my game, I think the game is bug free and more balanced now.

On a site note: Am I the only one that looks into this thread mostly just to see all the amazing stuff other people make and realize that I'll never be this good? I'm the only one? Ok, I'll go cry in a corner...
I've gotten back to my bigger game project, Mayhem Maiden.

...I've got a lot of shit to fix.

I'm removing a lot of the "random" elements from the combat system. The "healing turret" now heals whoever has the lowest HP instead of a random target every turn, for example, and I'm reworking the Mage's Overload mechanic so that it's more predictable.

Seriously, random damage and debuffs to random targets every turn can either be hilarious (oh LOL, the mage killed herself with the damage, I don't need to worry about her Overload anymore!) or just frustrating (DAMMIT, my damage dealer had almost full HP and got hit with 3 Rift warps and just DIED, losing all of her built up power!)

And I'm looking into the next dungeon, trying to make it a bit more engaging, and giving the player more of a choice between "solve puzzle" and "fight tough enemy instead"
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Aegix_Drakan
I've gotten back to my bigger game project, Mayhem Maiden.

...I've got a lot of shit to fix.

I'm removing a lot of the "random" elements from the combat system. The "healing turret" now heals whoever has the lowest HP instead of a random target every turn, for example, and I'm reworking the Mage's Overload mechanic so that it's more predictable.

Seriously, random damage and debuffs to random targets every turn can either be hilarious (oh LOL, the mage killed herself with the damage, I don't need to worry about her Overload anymore!) or just frustrating (DAMMIT, my damage dealer had almost full HP and got hit with 3 Rift warps and just DIED, losing all of her built up power!)

And I'm looking into the next dungeon, trying to make it a bit more engaging, and giving the player more of a choice between "solve puzzle" and "fight tough enemy instead"

So glad to hear that! MM is such a cool game ^_^
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=unity
So glad to hear that! MM is such a cool game ^_^

^this

author=Aegix_Drakan
I'm removing a lot of the "random" elements from the combat system. The "healing turret" now heals whoever has the lowest HP instead of a random target every turn

I've got a question about this, though: Is this new functionality based on absolute or relative numbers? So, does the character with the lowest percentage of their Max HP get the heal, or the character that currently has the lowest HP in general?
That makes me wonder whether changing the functionality of skills like that might be an idea for an equippable mod...
author=NeverSilent
I've got a question about this, though: Is this new functionality based on absolute or relative numbers? So, does the character with the lowest percentage of their Max HP get the heal, or the character that currently has the lowest HP in general?
That makes me wonder whether changing the functionality of skills like that might be an idea for an equippable mod...

Absolute numbers. Whoever has the lowest number for current HP gets healed.

And yeah, I'm keeping mods in mind to potentially tweak that.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Aegix_Drakan
Absolute numbers. Whoever has the lowest number for current HP gets healed.

Hm... So that means that an injured but tanky character (high Max HP) could be unable to receive any healing from the turret, while a fully healed but squishy (low Max HP) character would constantly get useless HP restoration. Not the most efficient of your inventions, May.

author=Aegix_Drakan
And yeah, I'm keeping mods in mind to potentially tweak that.

I think I know what I'll be on the lookout for.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm pretty new to mapping big areas, and the next game I'm working on will have some very big areas. I leave this screenshot here to show you guys what I've done so far.

Is it acceptable? Does it look nice? I am planning to add custom tilesets later on.

author=NeverSilent
Hm... So that means that an injured but tanky character (high Max HP) could be unable to receive any healing from the turret, while a fully healed but squishy (low Max HP) character would constantly get useless HP restoration. Not the most efficient of your inventions, May.

Goddammit, now that you put it that way...

Time to re-factor my method for doing the healing turret, using hard numbers just seems stupid now. >: (

PESKY TESTER FAN, FINDING STUFF FOR ME TO FIX! XD

author=OzzyTheOne
I leave this screenshot here to show you guys what I've done so far.

Is it acceptable? Does it look nice? I am planning to add custom tilesets later on

Nothing jumps out at me as "wrong" (well maybe that half-tree in the pit looks a little weird), and it does look nice and varied. I think it's a fine map!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
The only thing that's wrong is the thread. Kinda. Maybe you should have tried ScreenshotSurvival20XX thread instead? That aside, it's a really nice screenshot.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I'm not sure about the tower. There is nothing wrong with it and you can keep it this way. Still it would be better to make the top wooden or something, this radical change of shape is illogical. Usually medieval towers made out of stone (without wooden platform) didn't get wider to their tops. This is something what probably came with retro neo pseudo styles.
To make it simple for you, I would keep the tower octagonal.

@Aegix of Drakan
Random can be fun, If it is fair in the end. I looking forward to results
@OzzytheOne: Good map. Only thing I'd recommend is putting "blockers" - blank events set to being on the same level with the characters - inside the edges of the pit where there's grass. As it is now, I believe players will be able to walk from the grass down into the pit.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Gredge109
@OzzytheOne: Good map. Only thing I'd recommend is putting "blockers" - blank events set to being on the same level with the characters - inside the edges of the pit where there's grass. As it is now, I believe players will be able to walk from the grass down into the pit.

Yeah, I know, I just hadn't fixed it yet.

@Cap_H: To be honest, I was too lazy to make a custom octagonal top and just went with the shape you see now. :P
In other news, I'm not sweating the details of the Zombie-move puzzles anymore.

I just make a nifty looking room and slowly fill it with more and more junk until it's reasonably tricky to make him stand on the switch. As a result, it's going way way faster than it used to be for me. XD
AceOfAces
Engineering to infinity!
-Most of the NPCs have dialogue.
-Bug fixing.
-I've added Jump List on Immortal Sins' launcher.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
After playing around with common events, variables and reading these tutorials, I was able to give guards a view range AND make them unable to spot the player through walls! :D
It is worth mentioning that I didn't directly copy all the instructions on these tutorials, I tried my best to replicate them by using my own logic, that's the best way to truly master the engine in my opinion! Big thanks to Sated, for pointing me towards those tutorials!