WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Hello,
I've been making custom tilesets and sprites for my current project. Since I've never been much for pixelart, I tried to keep the style simple for easy editing, I'm fairly happy with the results since it gives off a light-hearted theme I was aiming for.

Meet the new kid...
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Woah that looks so cute :D
author=Kaneshon
Hello,
I've been making custom tilesets and sprites for my current project. Since I've never been much for pixelart, I tried to keep the style simple for easy editing, I'm fairly happy with the results since it gives off a light-hearted theme I was aiming for.

Meet the new kid...

I think what I like most about this is the small size haha, it feels very personal.
Arabian Nights themed RPG using stock actors

Wondering if these faces are befitting the characters they're supposed to resemble.

I was going to use the blue haired guy below for Aladdin, but I noticed that this set of portaits is in a thicker, darker line style than the rest. As a result he really seemed out of place from the other characters during battle.

EDIT: I found a thread providing Arabian resources that are really freakin sweet.
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/19104-ancient-resources-specializing-in-arabian-resources/
But it can wait. I'll probably use my current headsets in the meantime until I build my game up, then make the switch.

EDIT: Found a way better Sinbad in the stock graphics.
Still working on skillsets right now. I think I have a solid one for Hope's Pestilence skillset, but may need input on it.

*Banescissor: Inflicts Poison-elemental physical damage and Poison: 25, Sap: 25, MP Sap: 25, and Venom: 25 to one target.
*Bad Breath: Inflicts Poison: 25 turns, Blind: 25 turns, Silence: 25 turns, and Slow: 25 turns to one target.
*Stone Breath: Inflicts Earth-elemental magic damage and Petrify: 25 turns to all enemies.
*Wither Shot: Inflicts non-elemental physical damage and Fear: 25 turns to one target.
*????
**Pox Alleviate: Removes all statuses from Hope and heals her based on number of statuses removed
**Seven Sins:
**Diseased Tempest: Inflicts 1500 Poison-elemental damage, Poison: oo, Blind: oo, Silence: oo, Lock: oo, Fear: oo, Sap: oo, MP Sap: oo, and Slow: oo to all enemies. Requires Hope to be under 25% Max HP and a 10% chance per turn to show up.

The ** ones are ones that must be picked upon getting the skillset. Not sure what Seven Sins should do, but it should be really good to be picked. The last ???? ability is one of the normal abilities that is always accessible when in that skillset. Keep in mind that these skills cannot be used outside of Pestilence's skillset, so if Hope goes into another mode, she won't have access to these abilities!

I still need one more ability for Death's skillset too. There's an idea for it, which is this:

*Extinction: Costs 100% MP. Kills all enemies (excluding bosses) and ignores resistances, kills all allies, and leaves Hope at 1 HP.

But I'm debating if it's better for Death's skillset to have it or if Chaos should get it. Hmm...
author=psy_wombats
I think what I like most about this is the small size haha, it feels very personal.

Thanks, I've always had a problem working around with large sized maps and sprites, the smaller and compact ones worked well with me so far though. I drew inspiration from Earthbound, Pokemon, and Kairosft games.
Last remaining big map for the next dungeon done, including 6 new puzzle rooms, and an item shop run by a punny undead person.

Now I need to make the enemies and set up some patrols, one or two more permanent shortcuts in the first sector of this dungeon, plop down some loot in some of the puzzle rooms (most are optional and either have loot, or let you bypass tough enemies) and then I can get to the boss and the scenes surrounding it! :D
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Aegix_Drakan
Last remaining big map for the next dungeon done, including 6 new puzzle rooms, and an item shop run by a punny undead person.

Now I need to make the enemies and set up some patrols, one or two more permanent shortcuts in the first sector of this dungeon, plop down some loot in some of the puzzle rooms (most are optional and either have loot, or let you bypass tough enemies) and then I can get to the boss and the scenes surrounding it! :D

Sounds good! I am going to pester you with one question, though: From the point of the player's power progression, did you make sure that bypassing those tough enemies is actually incentivised? Specifically, if you factor in the possible EXP gain, gold and other item drops that can be gained from these enemies, is it still even beneficial for the player to solve the puzzles if it means missing out on those rewards?
author=NeverSilent
Sounds good! I am going to pester you with one question, though: From the point of the player's power progression, did you make sure that bypassing those tough enemies is actually incentivised? Specifically, if you factor in the possible EXP gain, gold and other item drops that can be gained from these enemies, is it still even beneficial for the player to solve the puzzles if it means missing out on those rewards?

In my own general experience with the game, I try to fight everything once or twice to get the mods they drop, and then I avoid them. Because fights go on for a while, and if there's like 8 of the same monster in an area, I'd think a lot of players would go "I've fought them a few times, got their mods, I think I wanna skip these guys now"

That and it's a loooong treck to the nearest Angel Well in one of these cases, so players will incentivize survival in at least one case.

And as for EXP gain, I haven't made the enemy yet, so I'm not sure just what kind of progression bonus it will offer. I think I'll leave it low-ish, so that players only fight them for the mods they drop and don't try to grind off them.

...As for money...It's not all that essential in the game in a lot of cases. Hence why I'm including more side shops that let you expand the number of items you can hold for a large price.
Whilst still dilly-dallying about with mapping and enemy making, decided to start cutting some music from the game. 14 already got cut out due to the bosses/areas that they were for being cut out of the game, but still got a long ways to go. 198 files, 719 MB left. Yes, that's with both the vanilla and extended music together. Yes, I'm trying to cut it down a bit more, but doing so is pretty hard...I handpicked a lot of these for each part they're used very carefully, after all.

EDIT -

30 character battle themes
1 title theme
33 event themes
72 battle themes
59 stage themes

That's how many are left. Good god...most, if not 95%, of the battle themes are relegated to the Extended Music Pack, and a good chunk of Stage Themes are too. Event and character battle themes, however, are in the vanilla pack. Hmm...

EDIT #2 - I was told earlier in this thread to use the "diamond" formation for character battlers so that sprites don't overlap one another. Can anyone tell me what exactly that is? I never messed much with formations in 2k3, and if it's the custom one where you can move the characters around in the maker, then I'm pretty sure that one won't work well. Unless it's something else I'm missing entirely??? Because if I can keep from having to downsize my character sprites too much, that'd be fantastic. >_<

EDIT #3 - And animation finally done~ Hurray!

EDIT #4 - Image fixed! Darn trying to use Download image.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm thinking of going back to Oracle of Askigaga and the puzzle-room for the Temple of the Spirit. Also, I'm thinking of including a credit-roll at the end of the game. Mostly, I'm thinking this because the assumption is that nobody will read the packed-in manual, and read the credits that way.

Huh? When am I going to get back to Nakaishi Wars? What's that?

*Edit: This is also a great time to ask myself if I'm going to bother implementing anything in regards to Masudu's Musings. If not, I should probably ditch it.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Xenomic: There's no built-in "diamond" formation for party members in RM2K3 battles, you just have to set the formation type from "automatic" to "manual." Unfortunately, this won't work very well in any game with more than four total party members, since each character has to be given a specific spot they'll always stand no matter who else is in the party and no matter what party slot they're in. You can get away with it when you have five or six total characters, maybe seven or eight if your sprites are small, but your game has 56 characters so lol fuck that.

I would just leave the character sprites the size they are. Although they're kinda close together, that doesn't look as bad as downscaling them would look.
@LockeZ: Well, most of them are already downscaled by a lot from their original size (this is more notable with characters that are massive in sprite size to begin with like Utsuho and Kanako both). It's...problematic and I hate how there's no good way of handling sprite sizes without downgrading the sprites too much. If I put in Hope's sprites as they are, they would be massive in comparison to everyone else and I have no idea how the cursor and stuff would place itself either. @_@;
Finally done working with behavior sprite pose templates and tweaking them with Move Route Commands in the editor.

Now I'm stumped on how to move an event to a coordinate in a specific angle instead of the standard 8 direction. I'm thinking of using Jump instead, but I can't figure out how to modify the jumping speed to slow motion
While working on one of my RPG Maker projects, I decided to do some sketches/concept art for a game project concept that's been inside my mind for a while now. When I'm finished with Dusk of Verdeame, I hope to make this game a reality.

This is one of four sketches of the main protagonists of said game concept.

Please excuse the crappy coloring and brightness, the camera that I used to take a picture of this sketch won't allow me to change its brightness.

This sketch was drawn traditionally because I have no digital drawing tablet to work with at the moment, so the next few sketches will be taken by the same crappy camera.

Besides the sketch, here's some more sprites, facesets, and headbusts, also related to the said game project concept:

Five themes for characters: Normal Attire, Final Costumes, Winter Attire, Beach Attire, and Club/Fancy Attire. Changed some of the sprites.

Updated some of the faces from the original. Added a few new faces, and some faces are still being worked on, as denoted by the shadows with "?" on them.

Updated the busts, and added new ones to the mix!

That's a lot I've got done! Tell me what you think!
Still thinking of a gimmick for this dungeon. Yup. Although I'm thinking something akin to Super Mario RPG's Sunken Ship password could work well for this dungeon. Something...magic related in terms of the password or seal or whatever. Which you have to speak in front of the door (or type in. I'm sure you can type in things and the maker will check for it somehow?? I've never actually done that in 2K3 myself, believe it or not!). Now the thing is...how many "hints" should there be, what should the "password" be if there is one, should it be a seal, what minigames or whatnot will give the hints, etc.?

I'm also thinking of making a little "game" which is just one big tutorial on how to do things coding-wise. Like explaining in-game how to do things like Gravity spell, commands like Steal and Scan, etc. I'm sure it's been done before, but how likely would it be for people to use it? And how likely would it be for people to actually want something like that?? It'd be time-consuming, sure, but...I dunno. At the rate I'm going with my current game, debating on that one hard, hue. Plus there's some interesting stuff from my game that I could probably teach to other people that may not know how to do said things (and who knows? Maybe others would contribute to said project!).