WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

I think I have an addiction to starry spacescapes. I can't stop drawing them.

A short RPGmaker game, I started on that.
I feel I'm wasting opportune time to learn, by not doing this.

Some really solid game making resources can be found here...
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Stellar battleback Mettool.
SgtMettool, I love the battlers they're so cute! And great work with the battleback as well, though I noticed the side face of a floor tile is missing, the one below the pink dice.
author=Kaneshon
SgtMettool, I love the battlers they're so cute! And great work with the battleback as well, though I noticed the side face of a floor tile is missing, the one below the pink dice.

Good catch! I'll fix that right up.

Hi,

I'm working on a new concept that changes the battle system mechanics.
In short it's taking political debate and oration, using that as the basis for battles. I have a really simple mechanics test live here.

I would love feedback about how the battle feels. It is text heavy since it is a taking a verbal medium into a game, so that may not appeal and I understand. Otherwise, play with the various options both in the battle and choices before the battle.

All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
I started a project the other day that I expect to be around 20 min long, maybe less.
The idea is you are inside a dream.

You have fractured pieces of your mind, or more specifically 5 imaginary friends you must find.
In order to become strong enough to defeat the robotic nightmares inside your mind, you will need them.
Survival horror in the sense that I want the player to feel like they could run out of ammo, if they are not careful.

The robotic creatures are similar to SOMA.

Fighting these creatures does not exactly make you stronger, damage done to you results in your 'insanity' rising.
If your insanity get's to high, an insane lunatic inside your mind begins to hunt you down.

The idea is to avoid combat as much as you can, and conserve your ammo. Of course sometimes it's necessary to enter combat.

The combat system is similar to "Resident Evil Gaiden"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAD9XUtlYRo&feature=youtu.be&t=23m1s

I'm unsure about using RPGmaker MV... I do have some experience with Game Maker. I thought I might be able to achieve the features I was thinking of in game maker.
I imagine the backgrounds being more object based then traditional sprite based.
Also liked the idea of a glow around the character.

Here is a mockup of a room.

I'm almost done fleshing out my Baseball Minigame an integral part of my BL dating sim project, then I can start testing it.

Eventing and scripting with Ruby is taking its toll on me...
Sideview battlers for my MV game:

I don't know how to youtube (or record videos for that matter), so video quality is... not good. Here's how they are actually supposed to look:

You must traverse a dangerous dream.
Only to wake up to another.
Inside a great, great megastructure.

6000 years in the making.

waw xoeee that art is top notchhhhhhhhhh <3
also those battlers are pretty great but they don't live up to their potential in that rtp environment
Potion turret now heals people by lowest HP%...Overload mechanic is now a lot more predictable (It does 10% HP damage to all allies, then 5% HP damage to all enemies, then it debuffs either 3 random enemies or 3 random allies in either attack, defense or speed). And the items that made Overload less dangerous now just slightly lower the amount of turns Holly spends Overloading.

Combat system still needs some tweaking, but overall, it's a bit more solid. I still need to tweak the Traps a bit since they trigger weirdly at the moment (if your trap counters and kills an enemy, the next trap function hits a random enemy, that's not good)...

And I have a basic suite of enemies for the third dungeon. Hooh.

Must...Keep...Carrying...On...
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Aegix_Drakan
Potion turret now heals people by lowest HP%...Overload mechanic is now a lot more predictable (It does 10% HP damage to all allies, then 5% HP damage to all enemies, then it debuffs either 3 random enemies or 3 random allies in either attack, defense or speed). And the items that made Overload less dangerous now just slightly lower the amount of turns Holly spends Overloading.

I'm cheering you on from the sidelines, even though technically you can't hear it.
One (possibly minor) point, though: Especially when confronted with a boss that has loads of health or high defenses, 5% of Max HP damage can still be a lot. And since player characters usually have much easier access to healing than enemies, couldn't this make the Overload side effects too attractive as a method of damaging tanky enemies? Or is that an actual strategy that players should be allowed to try and exploit?

author=Aegix_Drakan
And I have a basic suite of enemies for the third dungeon. Hooh.

Ha! Bring them on! Once you've played a game of Lacrosse, no enemy in the world can scare you any more. /inside joke
This might actually have been the hardest set of enemies in the game to create.

I feel like there's not that much room for creativity when the dungeon theme is "Undead haven". So...Mindless zombie, spider with a chargeup stun, ghosts who can seal skills and introduce the Curse status effect (makes healing effects weaker), and a tanky leader skeleton guy...

I gave my other dungeons brief consideration and didn't find it nearly as hard to come up with nifty enemies. XD

author=NeverSilent
I'm cheering you on from the sidelines, even though technically you can't hear it.
One (possibly minor) point, though: Especially when confronted with a boss that has loads of health or high defenses, 5% of Max HP damage can still be a lot. And since player characters usually have much easier access to healing than enemies, couldn't this make the Overload side effects too attractive as a method of damaging tanky enemies? Or is that an actual strategy that players should be allowed to try and exploit?

Oh trust me, I hear ya. XD I'm psychic.

And yeah, I'm keeping an eye on that 5% damage to enemies. I might tweak that around to direct MAT based damage. I'll see how it goes.

Ha! Bring them on! Once you've played a game of Lacrosse, no enemy in the world can scare you any more. /inside joke

Might not be inside for much longer. XD I'm heavily considering making a few "fixes" to that game and releasing it here.

"Lacrosse The RPG" is just too fun to keep to myself and my LARP friends!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Aegix_Drakan
Might not be inside for much longer. XD I'm heavily considering making a few "fixes" to that game and releasing it here.

Do it! Do it!
I'm using a conversation bust script and I realized that two of my characters have eyepatches. So when they talk to each other, one has to stay on the left and one has to stay on the right - otherwise the eyepatch jumps from the left eye to the right eye as their bust graphics are mirrored.

And then, in every subsequent scene conversation, they have to be on their "correct" side, otherwise their sprite looks dumb.

Do'h! Time to find some characters with both of their eyes! These non-symmetrical characters are limiting me!
I think I have an idea for the dungeon! Anyone that's played Tales of Symphonia will know exactly what I'll be talking about, but it won't be as stupid as that dungeon.

For those who don't know, in ToS, there is a dungeon known as the Mausoleum that had a puzzle with I think 6 pedastals, 5 in a star-shaped formation and one in the center, and in order to progress forward (or get any of the treasures), you had to activate them in a specific order. Now, there are hints of this in the previous room (the dungeon is like 3 rooms big IIRC), and the previous room all has traps that can damage the player. However, the hints are so vague that good luck figuring out how to solve the puzzle via those.

I was thinking of reusing this concept, but instead of all of them being in one room, they'd be in 6 separate rooms, in a star-shaped formation anyways (or I can alternatively have them in one room, being the main room north of where you start in the entrance), and activating them in a specific order will allow the player to access the main room that the player needs to go to. Activating them in another specific order will open other rooms in the mansion that has various prizes (Good stuff like the Magic Armlet (20 DEF/MAG, Magic/Absorb Resist Up), Sage Armlet (56 DEF, 40 MAG), Circlet (88 DEF, 50 MAG, Water/Wind Resist Up), Wizard Hat (48 MAG, Magic/Absorb Resist Up), and Spell Charm (50 MAG, Magic/Ghost/Absorb Resist Up) will probably be the rewards for inputting the other correct things). I'm debating on the traps though, since not sure how I'll be able to handle that as I never actually dealt with moving traps, just moving enemies. The hints I'd also have somewhere too for figuring out the correct solutions, but I'd still like them to be vague, but not TOO vague.

Thoughts?? It's an idea, and I still don't know what the rest of the mansion will look like, but...
And after much thought, I'm testing making the Overload mechanic do pure MAT stat damage to allies and enemies.

This creates play where you know that boosting your MAT above normal levels (say, with special equipment), is more risky if/when you overload but also leads to consistent bonus damage to enemies each turn, very useful if you're against a large amount of enemies. This also brings into play elements of whether or not you want to shorten or lengthen how long you spend Overloaded.

And for those desperate to avoid a self-massacre for a moment, you can use the "meditate" skill while overloaded to skip your turn and lower your MAT (and thus the damage caused by Overload) for that turn.

(For those who don't know, Overload is a mechanic where the Mage of the game will have her magic go haywire if she gains too much TP from casting spells or being hit. When she overloads, she starts harming allies and enemies alike with "overload rifts" and debuffing random people for a few turns. She also loses access to her normal spells in exchange for some INCREDIBLY powerful ones. So overload is both very dangerous, but also a very nice boost to DPS for her.)
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
Just here to announce that my game development related endeavors are now exclusively related to giving people feedback on their games, so yeah, that's what I'm working on.

Also, great screens, you all :D