WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=SgtMettool
Put the dog in its own group.

Dog is the hero we need right now.

If you put the wolf as the leader of a group all of the dynamic dialogue spoken by the party leader during cutscenes is just dog barks.
Why do my friends keep giving me phenomenal game ideas?!

I'm already working on a major project (Mayhem Maiden), I have a smaller one with some systems done that I wanna get out there (a so-far-unnamed thief RPG), and now I have ideas for a really psychologically gruelling game where you temporarily summon party members for brief periods of time and where the difficulty is just plain mean.

I don't have the time or energy for all this, modsbannit! >: (

Oh, and my work on my current project has stalled somewhat. Having to get up at 4 in the morning for most of the week because work finally started calling me in does terrible things to motivation. ;_;

author=Kaempfer
author=SgtMettool
Put the dog in its own group.

Dog is the hero we need right now.
If you put the wolf as the leader of a group all of the dynamic dialogue spoken by the party leader during cutscenes is just dog barks.

I'm dying here. XD
Finished up my BG for the most part. The yellow building still looks a bit weird.

Also added a little effect when the turn ends a car may pass by.
author=Sated
I assume you have more than one car that can pass through, and that cars can come from both directions?.

Of course.

But since 2k3's RNG is trash you may end up seeing the same car anyway. Or like gif above shows you may not see a certain car ever.
Working with a pixel artist to try and get down the "look" of a few new portraits, but it just hasn't been going too well so far. I may end up requesting more cartoonish or stylized characters (with larger eyes and head) versus realistic proportions. The results thus far, have been a bit dull. With this one for example, it doesn't look much like John and doesn't have much emoting.

The title screen came out wonderfully though, so I'm optimistic. XD
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Blindmind, is every portrait going to be holding that same standstill pose? If so, yeah, I think more stylized proportions would let you bring out the expressions of the characters more.

I'm having way more fun coding battle traits from character personalities than I should.

Just so it's clear, Fear is capitalized because it's a status ailment.
Between game projects at the moment. So I'm making a Dragon Quest-inspired resource set for people to use.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Sweet.

@Blind, I totally agree. These are very precise, but lack a character.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
@SgtMettool: That screenshot looks sweet thus far. Can't wait till the resources are completed. =D
~~~
Currently am plotting out seven classes, with four abilities each. Also concocted a few new skills for my game, including a vicious 'curse' that acts as Blind and Silence combined. >:3
finally figured how to dim the background to make the spell animations pop on 2k3.
Normally you'd try using Flash on the animation tab and it'd look like this:

defeats the point as it dulls the battle anim.

But if I make a battle event check for magic command use, have that tint the screen & activate a switch (battleanim dim) & have another battle event triggered by that switch to undo the tint, it'll work like this:

The battle anim will pop & the screen dulling will be sucessful! Plus whatever battle anim charsets you are using will pop as well. So I recommend using normal battle charsets for idle stances and anim battlecharsets for spell use, so only they will pop when using magic.

The downside is having to make one event page for each magic command of each character, though. A lot of events for a minor visual effect. BUT I LIKE MAKING MY ANIMATIONS POP.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
yeah that's why i don't use 2k3 ;V it looks good but... so much effort

red_nova, is that your art? if so, you've gotten way better!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Thanks Craze! Yep, I drew all the character art for the game. I've still got a ways to go, but it's exciting to hear from others there has been some visible improvements! It sure makes all that time spent studying anatomy and shading worth it.
author=SgtMettool
Between game projects at the moment. So I'm making a Dragon Quest-inspired resource set for people to use.

How charmingly retro! :D
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
I have seen something called RPG Paper Maker, and if it were fully complete/stable, I'd remake my current project on there to be perfectly honest. (From what I've seen anyways)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Seriously need to pop my head into this thread more often. Lots of awesome stuff!
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Ohmygosh-ohmygosh-ohmygosh!

I finally have a game idea that I can wrap my brain around and, with any luck, see to fruition! It's a long story and I don't wanna spoil too much, but the game's a dungeon hack I'll be making with VX Ace. It's partly Castlevania (especially Metroidvania games) and partly Five Nights at F***boy's (in terms of game mechanics), with bits and pieces of ideas and mechanics from some of the games here I've played and reviewed.

Here's just a couple of icons I'm spoiling, and the ones that I've palette-swapped the most. Mostly pulling the icons (and resulting gear) from the VX Ace RTP assets, as well as Kaduki's iconset for VX Ace. As for other assets, using Tyler Warren's battlers and going to frankensprite at least one of the three heroes. In some cases, I'm also gonna edit or customize some animations, which doesn't seem to be done a lot in projects.

As I progress more through the project, I'll let you folks know here. Don't wanna spoil anything too intensive, and am still working through my design document (though I have most of the junk I'll need to remember and reference typed up already).
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
uh atyia is there a significant difference between five nights at freddy's and five nights at fuckboy's? because i'm not really sure i'm an expert and thus cannot completely understand your concept

do you play as that yellow axe? i want to play as that yellow axe

my name is craze and i am working on a game that definitely isn't etrian odyssey! it's different because instead of five people in the dungeon, there are sixteen people. that might sound like too many, because it is. it's going to be terrible. you can, however, equip headbands, which i think makes up for a lot of the problems