WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

That game looks freaking cool, JosephSeraph. I love the colour scheme.
author=JosephSeraph
I'm trying to make this work!

...Or wondering if I should just move to Construct 2 instead...

(btw this is NOT a Platformer with RPG elements, it is an RPG whose movement style is sideview, so it is more focused on RPG elements than it os on Platforming elements.)

move away from RPG Maker with this. While RPG maker is great engine, it is not suited for this kind of game. Move to Construct / Clickteam Fusion or whatever you like. Construct is quite well known and will allow you so much more than limitations in RPG maker. Clickteam Fusion 3 looks like very promising alternative too but it's under development.

----
I am adding new monster every week. The latest fellow is the baby reaper.
Just working on a character for game I intend to make on XP. The character itself was made using Game Character Hub, but the cape is done by me.

author=Rebezion
author=JosephSeraph
I'm trying to make this work!

...Or wondering if I should just move to Construct 2 instead...

(btw this is NOT a Platformer with RPG elements, it is an RPG whose movement style is sideview, so it is more focused on RPG elements than it os on Platforming elements.)
move away from RPG Maker with this. While RPG maker is great engine, it is not suited for this kind of game. Move to Construct / Clickteam Fusion or whatever you like. Construct is quite well known and will allow you so much more than limitations in RPG maker. Clickteam Fusion 3 looks like very promising alternative too but it's under development.

----
I am adding new monster every week. The latest fellow is the baby reaper.

Both are looking great ^^
Just convinced me to check over construct/Clickteam games x3

----
Still deciding all the scale bits of my VN:date-sim project. :\
Feels like an eternity since I worked on new a enemy.

A giant rat the most original enemy ever.

Also you can fight your mother. Or at least test your skills on her.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Being able to fight your mother just sold me on your entire game. I don't know or care what the rest of the game is about.
Working on a little mini-game at the moment!
A squat competition between the ogres, break the old record and
be rewarded with a mighty fine item

author=Sated
That's pretty cool.

You should probably avoid having the flies fly out-of-bounds, so to speak. It looks quite weird to me.

Hm, you're right, it does seem a little off. I'll get to fixing that!
After years of doing nothing, I'm actually working on something! Let's see what kind of game I can make in the 20XX engine.
@Koopa:
Haha holy shit that looks awesome!

So yeah, if you're wondering why I'm linking this ancient video, it's because I'm thinking of using the gimmick at 1:15 for my Silent Shrine switch puzzle. Something like this, and going onto the wrong switch will not only cause a battle, but reset the puzzle and boot the player off the entire switchboard. There's 3 of them that'll be similar to this, each of varying speeds I think to make it more interesting. I'm definitely either going to have to make this one single room much bigger than it is, or expand this dungeon a bit to accomodate for the three puzzles.

Yay or nay to this? I don't think it'll be that hard to code at all, but just wanted opinions on it. There probably won't be any random encounters outside of the forced ones too, and the forced ones will probably be randomized anyways.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's certainly fine as a puzzle. Most games with this kind of puzzle frame it as following an NPC who knows their way through the area safely, rather than a weird random star of light.

Doing three of them of increasing speed/complexity is a good idea. If you wanted you could have a couple more where the speed is slowed back down but there are also patrols walking back and forth to avoid.
Hmm. Don't really have a NPC here to really use, so may have to use a star or something.

I'm only really aiming for 3 since that's how many colored switches I have atm lol. The patrols could be interesting, the dungeon enemies are all machines so it's viable. Just setting it up properly would be the tricky part I think. Hmmm.
LockeZ
Following an enemy would also work. I really have no idea what the light was supposed to even represent in FF6.
The security system that they used I think. That's what they explained somewhere I think before there??? But yeah, an enemy could work, and it could be sitting right on top of the switch you need to press so you'd HAVE to fight it to get to the switch.
@Kevincalanor worth of try ! Let us know.

i added more lush to the world. I wish that I coded the entire thing diferently, but most of stuff is hard-coded so it limits me with 4 layers for parallax bg, well it works "somehow" with this limit.
Hurry up and finish it so I can throw money at it.
Ended up working on Game Maker studio, after several tutorial-hours and tamperings with the tutorials code, got a platforming 'engine' heavily based on dustforce, and put a gun in it.

Although I have my base ideas/inspirations, the game itself is not set on stone yet, for now I'll refine the platforming and try to craft enemies that shot back.
author=Kevincalanor
Ended up working on Game Maker studio, after several tutorial-hours and tamperings with the tutorials code, got a platforming 'engine' heavily based on dustforce, and put a gun in it.

Although I have my base ideas/inspirations, the game itself is not set on stone yet, for now I'll refine the platforming and try to craft enemies that shot back.

Any engine which is not so RM-limited is great for this kind of game. Now you can create anything that you think of without limits.

---
When we are at platforming, I will add also one recent WIP.