WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Hey thanks! I've seen conflicting guides about whether to narrate aspects on the Greenlight video or just keep it a spectacle. I went with the general wisdom that people will only really see the first 20 seconds or so before deciding to read on (where I can go into detail in the description) or lose interest, so I front-loaded it with action stuff. Then, I added the slower, RPG-y stuff when the music slows down as a sort of breather.

I've already made a new cut that's a bit shorter, but I'll keep poking at it while I have some time!
I am adding new enemy every week. This week is done, wonder which one I will add the next one.

WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
@Rebezion
I actually just checked your game out the other week. What's the status on gamepad support? ;) I couldn't really get into it due to the lack of it.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Deltree
Hey thread. I'm putting together a Steam Greenlight video/montage, and would love some feedback before I commit to anything! Here's my first draft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAFnUlswBsQ

If anyone has experience in Greenlighting things, I'd love to hear about it!

Audio mixing feels a bit off. When there are sound effects, they feel too quiet compared to the music. Then the sounds cut out entirely halfway through.

I'd go with either no sound, or equalized mix throughout.
AceOfAces
Engineering to infinity!
-Made a script that changes the color depending on the remaining HP.

-Fixing bugs while I wait for new artwork.
author=AceOfAces
-Made a script that changes the color depending on the remaining HP.

-Fixing bugs while I wait for new artwork.

That is actually really cool. Nice job!
author=WIP
@Rebezion
I actually just checked your game out the other week. What's the status on gamepad support? ;) I couldn't really get into it due to the lack of it.

There's gonna be gamepad support, maybe x box controller too. But not anytime soon, very later.
WIP
author=Rebezion
author=WIP
@Rebezion
There's gonna be gamepad support, maybe x box controller too. But not anytime soon, very later.

God damn it I have an XBO controller in my hands right now.
author=SgtMettool
Messing around making Game Boy graphics.

Times, they be a changin'

Dude, I am in love with that oldschool look. Keep that $#!% up!
author=WIP
author=Rebezion
author=WIP
@Rebezion
God damn it I have an XBO controller in my hands right now.
)

Alright, then I guess it's a must. Game will support classic analog gamepad /such as Logitech and also XBO controller. But doh I will have to buy this Xbo pad so I can test things out ! X_X (Tho I dont need XBO for anything). I don't want to spam this thread with chit chat about my lamevania rpg, so I end now. I give place for others. *Wondering how is JosephSeraph progressin' on his project.
Believe it or not, but I'm working on the movesets for the final bosses of the games! Just having trouble coming up with a skillset for these bosses (the final boss fight(s) of the Void is a 3-parter, followed by the true final dungeon, which has 7 normal bosses, then the final boss of the game (4 parter technically, although the last part you can't lose). For those curious, this is what I have:

Rinnosuke:

Judgment Blade: Inflicts major Holy-elemental physical damage and Stop: oo to one party member.
Shadowblade: Inflicts major Shadow-elemental physical damage to one target and drains HP.
Duskblade: Inflicts Shadow-elemental damage that drains one target's MP.
Cleansing Strike: Inflicts major non-elemental physical damage and Doom: 20 to one target.
Northswain's Strike: Inflicts major non-elemental physical damage and Instant Death to one target.
Hallowed Bolt: Inflicts major Lightning-elemental damage to the party and Silence: oo.
Divine Ruination: Inflicts major Mystic-elemental physical damage and Confuse: oo to the party.
Aegis: Grants all buffs to user. Used at 50% or less HP.
Ragnarok: Inflicts major non-elemental damage to the party. Used at 50% or less HP.
Odyssey: Inflicts major Mystic-elemental physical damage to the party. Used at 50% or less HP.
Pandora's Box: Inflicts major Mystic-elemental magic damage to the party. Used at 50% or less HP.

Pandora Rinnosuke:

Cataclysm: Inflicts massive non-elemental damage to the party that ignores Defense as well as Sap: oo and MP Sap: oo.
Susanoo: Inflicts massive Lightning-elemental damage to one party member.
Heaven's Light: Inflicts massive Holy-elemental physical damage to one party member.
Stigmatism: Inflicts Instant Death to party members whose MP is below 50% Max MP.
Amaterasu: Inflicts major Mystic-elemental damage to one target.
Yata no Kagami: Grants Reflect for next 30 turns.
Yasakani no Megatama: Dispels all buffs on the party and inflicts major Mystic-elemental damage.

Pandora:

Memento Mori:
Ultima: Inflicts massive non-elemental magic damage to the party.
Omega: Inflicts massive non-elemental magic damage to the party that ignores Defense. In addition, it reduces MP and Defense to 0.
Heaven's Cataract: Inflicts major non-elemental magic damage, Deprotect: 50, Debrave: 50, Defaith: 50, Fear: 50, Sap: oo, and MP Sap: oo to the party.
Pandora's Box: Inflicts major Mystic-elemental magic damage to the party. In addition, also has a chance of inflict Eject on each character.
Bitter End:
Infinity:

The first boss is perfectly fine. The 2nd? May need looked into, not sure on those effects. The last? Missing 3 abilities to round her out. Once I get these set up, then the rest should fall into place bar the final 3 fights of the game! Which I may also need to brainstorm about. By this point, the player should PROBABLY be around level 50-60 I'd imagine. My main party is around level 35-40 in my main file near the end of the current beta (meaning in about 3 more dungeons, I'll be in the endgame for the game), so that seems about right. Things will be adjusted to that save file of course, give or take, but kinda excited to get these bosses all set up and stuff finally! Now, if I can only get these maps done...hard to find mappers for sure. T-T
Introducing of rare monsters! I had bad luck while recording, trust me :) when I didnt record it was more frequent. By the way there are stockable items, yes stockable effect, which increases the chance to find these creatures. I am sure it can drop something flashy and neon. I also separated color of name displayer in the right bottom corner, isnt the purple more sexy ? Maybe I will add some kind of bestiary for this purpose... Hm.
author=KySprite
Dude, I am in love with that oldschool look. Keep that $#!% up!

Thanks! I think I might turn this into an actual project once I can dive back into gam mak again.

Car + NPC interactions and a threat level mechanic.
Still messing around with my Thief RPG experiment.

After some thinking about how I don't want combat to be super essential and how to handle EXP and progress, and stuff, I found a great solution.

I already have it so that doing "thief-y" things rewards you with EXP granting items. Well, instead of using those to gain EXP for pure stat boosts (yaaaaaaay so original.), I've turned them into currency you can use to unlock passive skills (larger "Momentum" bar, more Barrier HP, more "Momentum" regen when low, extra actions per turn when "Momentum" is high, more lockpicking chances, etc).

This feels a lot better, as this means there is no grinding required to match enemy stats, and it gives the player control over what new passive buffs they get. Some of them stack too, making it so that you can slowly invest in some of the bonuses over time.

And then, I looked at the giant mess of skills I had and said "There has to be a better way to organize...AHA!", and now I've made essentially 4 "skill trees".

As you buy the basic passive buffs, you'll also unlock more of the more powerful abilities and make them purchaseable. This ends up feeling like investing in a skill tree, with the rewarding powerful stuff at the end.

I just feel inordinately proud of this now. XD Not bad for an evening's work!

AceOfAces
Engineering to infinity!
@Aegix_Drakan, it's a pretty interesting system you got there.

Two things I worked on:
Loaded a new tileset on my main project and made a way for the windows to switch between day and night versions (based on a switch I reserved for night)

Ported an MV game to UWP both with Visual Studio's Javascript Project and Apache Cordova. There are issues, but it's almost an 1:1 conversion. Here's how it looks on mobile: http://imgur.com/a/jpz0d
Currently I'm working on character skill sets and trying to make each character have their own sparkle. The current wall I'm facing is making the main Debuffer character feel "fun" to use and also I'm trying to make the Medic character a little more than just a generic white mage. But other than that, I'm doing a little bit of mapping on the side and I'm about 25% of the way done with the maps in my game so that's a happy feeling. Progress!
So I'm working on scripting the various parts of an SRPG battle system in Sphere.

This clip shows off two parts of it - I don't have enough of written to show a battle so it's playing behind a title menu instead.

It shows:
1. The basics of a simple 3d graphics engine I'm intending to use for spell/magic effects - in the clip it's moving about 900 spinning rings in random directions in 3d in two boxes one at the top of the screen and one a the bottom - these didn't render very well in the video, they look a lot better when the game is running. They're just a test effect but I may keep them in the final game. (all 900 rings are being moved individually by the script I wrote)

2. It shows the beginnings of my people movement and attack animation script this is a bit easier to see - again all the people on screen are being handled by the script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waIDluvv1eM

(A note on graphics sources:
1. the red rings were made by me with code
2. the sprites are made with the universal LPC spritesheet generator and therefore are dual licensed: GPL3 and CC-BY-SA3 (short form - anyone can use them but mustn't claim to have made them themselves)

I'd appreciate any comments both on:
a) the animation handling AND
b) whether stuff like this is a good thing to leave in the title screen; does a screen like this look good OR should I use it for testing stuff then cut it all out for the actual game
So I see you like western games Wolf Coder that's cool. however I came to say that I am going to try to make a horror game for the first time. It is called Dark Light. I hope to try to make a good game like big brother resident evil. however That is a real good game and I could not dream of making a game like that one.