WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Back up your project.

Seriously, do it right now. I just now saved my entire project and lost almost nothing because I had a backup.
author=dethmetal
Back up your project.Seriously, do it right now. I just now saved my entire project and lost almost nothing because I had a backup.

Just backed up all of mine last week. :D

Seriously, though. BACKUPS. DO THEM.

Somehow I lost the project files for one of my games (delusions of duty) and as a result I can no longer edit the project or fix that last typo, or look at the AI I made for it.

A project I can no longer fix. Because I didn't back it up.

Don't be like Aegix from 3 years ago. Do frequent backups!
Back up once a week. Minimum.

Have a reliable flash drive or external hard drive dedicated to it.

Don't look at me like that, just do it.
Depending on the situation and the game, I would back up every time you believe you've done a significant or decent amount of work. Also remember to save often. I've had several terrible things happen to my projects by not backing up or saving. Corruption, the engine or computer freezing before I get to save, power outages, pulling my flash drive out too fast directly after saving, the list goes on and on.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can say that they've went hours without saving and all of a sudden something happens and you're set back in a time machine to when you last saved. Ugh! Be prepared for anything.
author=XBuster
I'm sure I'm not the only one who can say that they've went hours without saving and all of a sudden something happens and you're set back in a time machine to when you last saved. Ugh! Be prepared for anything.

This actually rarely ever happens to me, I'm a saving maniac.

I will sometimes save just to save the fact that I saved. I'll triple click the save icon. I wish I was kidding. >_>
author=SgtMettool
Back up once a week. Minimum.

Have a reliable flash drive or external hard drive dedicated to it.

Don't look at me like that, just do it.

Or both, plus Google Drive.
I save my work at least once a day. (If I worked on it).
On a separate hard drive, a USB stick and in my google drive. xD
Better save than sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
author=dethmetal
Back up your project.Seriously, do it right now. I just now saved my entire project and lost almost nothing because I had a backup.

Absolute words of the wise! I can't recall how many close calls or mishaps that had occurred when developing my project. It can be a big motivation killer and can definitely put a hamper on things if you're not prepared. Save and backup your files frequently!
fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine I backed up my project. Zipped it all up and threw it on dropbox!
Just means I have one less excuse to drop it now!
AAAAAAND Beta 0.5 for Mayhem Maiden is posted and a blog post asking for feedback is up and now all I have to do is wait and see what feedback people have. :D
Currently I'm organizing this unlabeled bunch of midis I got from a Japanese site. I'm on track 37. There are over 150 of them. Kill me.
Been working on a turn based strategy/tactics game the last few weeks, started fiddling with GubiD's Tactical Battle System and added a few neat things like: terrain based damage, command points and collision on ranged attacks.

Going back to rebalancing Cursed Crown. Hot damn, the final dungeon feels waaaaaay too easy on the hardest difficulty for some reason. 0_o It's especially jarring compared to the beginning, which is extremely hard on the hardest mode at first.

My party doesn't have the best armor available for the first half of the dungeon, and it really feels like they're totally shrugging off everything way more than they're supposed to.

This is gonna take a while longer than I expected to fix. XD

On the flip side, the new stat that boosts your Magic Damage (originally a pure, set value) actually makes the mage's attack spells not feel like they fall off in power by the end. I'm slinging Magic missiles and going "Cool, he's actually keeping up with everyone! Well, except for the Fighter, who is frankly crazy-strong when she's fully buffed up"

Edit:
Honestly, the fighter is a case of all the intended weaknesses of a class covering for one another, and I'm not sure how to fix it, or even if I want to. XD

+ Significant attack boost in exchange for significantly lowered defense? Ok cool.

+ More attack power and defense power (enough to cover for the lowered defense of the above skill) at the cost of not being able to pick a target? Oh boy...

+ The mage slapping an attack boost on her on top of all that?

= Everyone's doing about 10-12 damage. Fighter's doing about 20. To random targets, sure, but for that amount of damage, it's hard to care where it ends up.

I COULD technically not give a defense boost with her berserk type skill, but given she has a tanking skill, the berserk skill is supposed to give her a way to mitigate incoming damage a little while still being able to contribute to the fight. XD I'm in a pickle!
author=Pancaek
tax evasion

Heeeeyyyy! Me too!
Battlers for a community project

This is the best animation so far:

It's for when she has a bad status effect. (She's stomping on her hat)
author=Momeka
Battlers for a community project

This is the best animation so far:

It's for when she has a bad status effect. (She's stomping on her hat)

Hot freakin' damn. I love it. It's hilarious. XD
Doing some event stuff that have been planned for 3 years, create some extra animations for extra skills, create long textbox filled with text that may confuse the player, and update some faceset.

Not only face set there lot's Graphic I update to give player more feel and looks or whatever they call it.

What next? probably fill enemy database and troops and stuff like that.
really-really pain in my neck but whatever this is my life after all.
WELP, I was looking at the Time Fantasy sprites I bought during the Steam Sale and was thinking of what kind of game I might eventually want to make with them, somewhat settled on a gameplay loop idea, but didn't know what kind of plot to make...

Then I stumbled onto /r/Writing Prompts, saw this PERFECT freakin' prompt, hammered out a short story in about half an hour, got SUPER into it and now I'm like "This will be a perfect game plot for what I was considering doing..."

...And so, I'm now starting to work on an RPG about a necromancer who goes from town to town doing some benevolent undead-ifying, with a basic FTL-style "pick a branch, it decides what dungeons and towns you go to on your journey".

Send help, for I am insane. XD

At least I'm planning to make the dungeons simple and stuff, so I can try to keep the scope realizable. I want this to be nice and simple and not spiral out of scope!