WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Battle animations.

A fair few of 'em.

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Despite wanting to take a break, I went ahead and made a splattering of maps for Baclyae Revolution. Now, all the areas that can have recruits are in the game. The new dungeons need mobs, and said recruits need to be filled, but, yeah.
@sgt M: Dunno if it ever came up but it bothers me when there's a blend effect / transparent in "neo-retro" sprite/nes style games. Might just be VX's default thing but I usually imagine a more opaque effect that deals less with transparencies and what an old graphics chip was capable of (palette swapping/generative masking):

Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
Writing tons of dialog, rummaging through Frogge's library of REFMAP edits for some oddly specific assets, covering plot holes.
photographic proof that StormCrow actually made a map

tall image warning?

srsly, it's the Counsel of Dragons, a sort of telepathic teleconferencing space where the seven dragons that rule the world can confer. It will probably only ever be used for this one cutscene after the credits of Episode 1. And now I'm off to script that cutscene.

here is the 1x1 detail of the area where the seven dragons meet.

In the center is the Time Dragon, clockwise left of him is the Crimson Dragon Baron Varymar, then conspicuous by his absence is the ice platform of Ice Dragon Baron Ulfyr, then Emerald Dragon Baroness Aemmyth, at the top is Ebon Dragon Baron Zylvidar Blackfyre (a name I obviously came up with when I was 12 and am sticking too), then the Golden Dragon Baroness/Goddess Chykoasso, and then in her pool is the Azure Dragon Baroness Cyrlira. whew; in summation: DAGRONS. The dragons in the hallway outside are young adults (older than Izuno). I have nearly hoarded graphics for all seven breeds and four age categories of dragons.

(obviously it would look much cooler if you could see the various large/huge dragons (esp. the one in the water) and not tiny random event sized postage stamps of them/nothing but i'll get there)

edit: damn it, i just noticed the seam
Finishing up the second story mission in my OHMIC game. I'm considering releasing an alpha build, covering the first two missions and a wealth of optional content to give the player-base an idea of what the game will be like. Might or might not also release a small guide to show a preview of the expansive guide that will be released alongside the full game.

Keep on the look-out!
It has taken me a looong long time to finally get enough motivation to work on something with enough energy to prevail for more than a day, but it's finally here. I have found my muse again, and it doesn't leave me for fear of losing my progress again! Spriting is fun again, massive amounts of fun! And my art skills have improved, so I don't feel like making half-baked stuff anymore. It's a good feeling, really good.

So, to celebrate actually having fun again, here is the first sprite of a sprite sheet I am working on. =)

Opinions and critiques are appreciated.

@Cirrocumulus-Cloud: Looks good to me, I'd be worried about the depiction of "hands" though. Maybe It's just the style but it might look better if there was just a little semblance of hand shape. Though I know its signature of chibi styling.

I'm doing lighting tests, it's mainly just messing around with blend modes, adding/subtracting colors together. slapping down a gradient then using "the light is coming up from an upper floor and there's just pipes and scaffolding creating the silhouettes" as the logic for where the lights are being cast from. With that setup I can make some sick setups without too much effort.
@Darken: I tried, but it ended up looking weird. I might try to give the hands more of a shape, but for now I am alright with how it looks. It's very difficult to add less stylised hands with such noodly arms, haha.

Your lighting function seems like a very neat thing! I do think that the colours are too saturated, though. You could make the colour overlay (if you are using an overlay) a bit more transparent, that way the original colour of the tileset meshes with the lighting colour, instead of the whole map just becoming green/blue/etc.

Edit: Is this better?

author=Darken
@sgt M: Dunno if it ever came up but it bothers me when there's a blend effect / transparent in "neo-retro" sprite/nes style games. Might just be VX's default thing but I usually imagine a more opaque effect that deals less with transparencies and what an old graphics chip was capable of (palette swapping/generative masking):

Yeah that basically is VXA's default thing, and I guess it never occurred to me "Oh, maybe I should find a way to change that."

Wonder if there is a way to play around with it without extensive scripting.
author=Sgt M
author=Darken

Yeah that basically is VXA's default thing, and I guess it never occurred to me "Oh, maybe I should find a way to change that."

Wonder if there is a way to play around with it without extensive scripting.

You could maybe make a simple script to delay long enough to run battle animations. Then just kinda aim a battle animation (explosion or something) to kinda cover over the transition.
Welp, got the 2 optional bosses left all coded up and whatnot (untested of course). Just gotta do the maps for each, the scenes, and that's that! Then it's off to whoever wants to test the game, and I am done after nearly 12 years. I should've been done LAST year, but ya know...EFFORT and MOTIVATION and all that.

Now...what to do for next game, if I do one. Hm...maybe something that won't take 10-12 years? That'd be nice...I like storytelling, but man, is it taxing doing it (mostly) solo. @_@
Currently play-testing the alpha build of OHMIC! Going to work on the guide and record some gameplay alongside it. The next couple days or so are gonna be busy, for sure. Expect a page on here either tonight or tomorrow :)
Inching ever closer~ Now that all events are done, I'm just finishing off the game by giving all attacks some form of battle animations, then it's off to upload the final version and that's it! I need to see about if I can host the game here though...I don't want it to be forever lost on Mediafire if something were to happen to it or my account there. >_<
I'm working on an MV plugin that should've been done years ago and would take no more than a few hours in the hands of someone already familiar with MV's personal brand of JavaScript if they were particularly busy that day.
Nothing, as I have just set my game to COMPLETE status! Nearly 12 years later, finally done with this behemoth of game. Well, 99.99% done, as there's still a couple things that I may have missed (one of which I cannot do, being a character's sprite), and there may be bugs and stuff here and there, but overall it's DONE. I don't know if I should feel very happy or very sad about this...
Got back into working on my big project, Mayhem Maiden.

Hammered out that minigame I needed for dungeon 5, it works great and the scenes for it are great.

And now I'm staring at an empty map going "Ok, how the heck do I make something fun here for the dungeon exploration and combat part of this otherwise unconventional dungeon?"

...Wait, do I even NEED that in this dungeon?

I think I might be REAL unconventional this time around... :P
Working on a project with my friend. I am writing and doing monster designs while he is doing character designs, coloring, and art clean-up.

Companion Portraits

Monsters
Working on dialogue for an early game scene

Here's a sneak peak, it's coming along well I think!
Hi,
Max Team here,
I've just released an update to my game:
https://rpgmaker.net/games/10013/

Here's the descritpion of the update:

Monster World RPG ver. 1.1 is out now ! ! !

Basic download: contains only the full-playable current (updated) version of the game and the resources needed for troubleshooting (163 MB RAR ARCHIVE).

Extra download: has the same contents of the basic download and contains also:
- art gallery;
- 4 MWRPG demos;
- icons;
- original soundtrack (by Vincenzo Colella);
- packages (DVD Booklet, DVD Case Cover and DVD Label);
- pixel art;
- videos;
- WonderBoy - The Sword of Legend (original and complete playable game by "The Cyberlynx".
(360 MB RAR ARCHIVE)