WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Damn, Zach, that's quite a thick dialect (so to speak) that you've got for your dialogue there. I can dig it.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Damn, Zach, that's quite a thick dialect (so to speak) that you've got for your dialogue there. I can dig it.
Yup, they're all speaking in a New Jersey-esque accent. I kinda feel like I overdid it in some places, but regardless, I appreciate the compliment ^^
Working on a promotional video for my game, got the primary component of it (the mayor's speech) done just now. Here it is, for whoever would like to read it <3

Citizens of Chicago. People of the world, if you happen to be listening.

This is your mayor speaking. My name is Rahm Israel Emanuel. You can just call me Rahm.

For now, I will keep it simple: a lot has changed over the years. Not just this country, this nation. Not any one region you care to name.
All of us have. Were we to look into the mirror right now, we would be seeing a different person entirely. The world, as a whole,
is different. Politics, media of all sorts, news,\. movements... to say we are not making steps towards a better society is a
falsehood. Or, at least, we're attempting to.

2018 is coming to a close. This decade as a whole will shortly follow. These last 10 years have been simultaneously a period of change,
and a period of great confusion. Sorrow. Conflict. Acceptance is the song that many are singing right now. At a
glance, we seem to be understanding each other. Kindness is regarded, as least in certain circles, as an important virtue. A way
of life. When you really get down to it, peace is all we ought to seek at this point. Human life would be so much easier, right?

The thing I am noticing, however... is that we are still in a state of perpetual friction.

Were it anyone specifically, I would not be on this podium, besmirching their name in front of millions of people. Whether they be
standing right here, outside of the city hall, or sitting comfortably on their couches. It should not need to be said, but that
would not be the actions of a proper mayor. And if you ask me, yet another act of public defamation is the very last thing we, you, and the city of
Chicago need right now. After thousands, if not millions, of years, the collective moral compass of human people has been called into question long enough.

I will say right now, that I will not name what I believe is the sole direct cause of the damaging of our world's morale. It's not the fact that we are still at
war with other countries for various reasons. It's not the terrorist attacks that continue to occur on a disturbingly regular basis,\. whether in Asia, the Americas,
Africa, wherever they may take place. It's not the current president of the United States of America, who I'm sure many of you are well acquainted with at this point.
It's not the innumerable natural or unnatural disasters that take place, both due to and through no fault of our own. Pointing the finger at any one thing is
a fruitless act, now more than ever. It will accomplish nothing.

The problem is every single one of us. Whether we realize it or not, we all play a role in the positivity, growth, and beneficiaries of human society. It is
not the role of a single person, group, organization, or otherwise to fix the problems that currently plague this world. We, as a race, are all brethren
and sistren. For all the growth we are attempting, all the acceptance, what have you... every second we choose to deface one another, to criticize
those that only aim to bring peace, to unleash on and dismiss the free world in response to only our personal slights, we take a step backward to what we should all really
be aiming for. To what that objective is, I will not patronize you with an answer. Implicitly, we all know the ultimate goal of human society.

Peace. Not world conquest, not vengeance on our forefathers and antagonists for whatever we might perceive as their wrongdoings, not personal gratification at the
expense of others... peace. For us all to really live in harmony and stability, we need to achieve peace. I fully and honestly acknowledge that the human being
is not perfect; that one way or another, we will always take issue with one another over something. That is an inevitability I believe no one can really change.
All the same, we must always work to love and reach out to one another; or at least, unederstand each other. Whenever possible, step out of your own bubble and
listen to what others have to say. Never assume what you know is all anyone needs to know. At the end of the day, citizens of not just Chicago, but the
world... we're all in this together.

Thank you.
Currently working on an active-battle-system game.

It currently has eight playable characters with unique weapons, a small handful of spells (to be greatly expanded upon once the spell/mana system is a little better optimized) several towns, zones, 15 or so types of mobs, a dungeon with puzzles (planning to add more dungeons), a quest system, gambling, and a few other random features.

Need a lot of polish and world-shaping still though: storyline, dialog, custom sprites... y'know, all the little details that make it a real game and not just a hobby project! :P

Tweaked the main menu for OHMIC. Not perfect, I suppose, though it's a lot more organized and polished, I think~
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
I've been working on an enemy after not doing any pixel art for a while. Haven't decided on a color scheme to go with the gold bits yet, though.
While working on ideas and writing the story of the third sequel to my games, I am trying to improve from the last game.

I just wonder what others think are the top 5 things that are a MUST have in an RPG game.
Like what are some basic things every game should at least have?
Could be anything!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I feel like if you're asking that question, you have absolutely no business making a game. Not because you don't know the answer, but because you think there is one.
1. fishing mini game
2. floating numbers
3. Mr X
4. Lots of expensive voice acting going "HEEEEYEAHHH!!!"
5. dinosaurs
1) Saves! Because fuck passwords in RPGs
2) Kickin' battle themes
3) Movement tech
4) Ancient Cave / Randomizer mode
5) Fishing minigame
While all of the music in Unlimited Saga is godlike. I much prefer Battle Theme I, or BT. Ver 8. I was contemplating adding a list of my own, but a joke list of the worst things to put in games. But I didn't want to come across as a twat.
BT 1 is good, personally don't care for v8 but I can respect it. Also my list is 100% serious and unironic because I want more games to have movement tech like Wild ARMs where I furiously bonk into walls trying to optimize gottagofast.

e: also good Unlimited SaGa battle music: ultimate!
author=GreatRedSpirit
e: also good Unlimited SaGa battle music: ultimate!

Without a shadow of a doubt the best final boss music ever.

Serious and unironic things I like in games, surprisingly are both from Phantasy Star 4. The macro system. A sort of auto battle where you could program a set of attacks for battle, which helped get random encounters out of the way, ant set up attacks for the combo attacks, speaking of which. The second is the combo attacks where two or more skills from different characters in a battle party would trigger a devastating attack. I know Chrono Trigger had the dual tech and it was cool and all. But in Phantasy Star 4 it called for experimentation in battle and could be seen as incentive to use all the characters in battle. So if I were to compile a list of 5 things.

1. The macro system from Phantasy Star 4.
2. The combo attacks from Phantasy Star 4.
3. Tech sparking from the SaGa games.
4. Pre-boss, or mid-boss checkpoints.
5. The duel system in SaGa Frontier 2 where you could either fight as a party or duel a monster one on one. It made for more diverse random encounters.
I've been working on some enemy graphics for my new game. I know that the "convolvulus" based enemy (The thing with lots of vines) looks quite dark around the outline. Hopefully I'll edit this at a later time.

This place doesn't get many posts does it?

Just a thing I'm working on.

World map for development purposes only. Parts hidden for show and tell.
I'm getting a Dark Souls vibe from that map, and it has me anticipating whatever that is you might be working on.
ESBY
extreme disappointment

i've been making some unlockable costumes for my cool robot son
Where's the Big O costume, coward
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
I'm working on deciding which engine I should move my project to. I love RPG Maker 2003 as much as the next guy, but its grid based movement absolutely sucks for real time stuff, and the only way around grid movement is through some picture-based wizardry that I would totally be able to do, but would never be elegant or pretty.

So far, I've looked into the following engines (keep in mind that by "expensive" I mean anything that costs more than RM2K3).

RPG Maker VX Ace:
Pros
- Allows me to break free from grid movement elegantly thanks to RGSS
- Familiar event and tileset interface would make things easier
- Bajillions of good tutorials available
Cons
- Expensive
- Would have to learn RGSS

Game Maker:
Pros
- Easy to use
- Extremely flexible
- Great tutorials on the Internet
- GML is deliciously elegant
Cons
- Expensive

Godot:
Pros
- Free
- Almost as easy to use as Game Maker
- Almost as flexible as Game Maker
Cons
- Lack of decent tutorials means I'd have to waste precious months of my life learning everything by myself

LOVE2D:
Pros
- Free
- Tons of tutorials
- The most flexible of all
Cons
- No graphical interface means I'd have to do everything in text mode, which I'm not looking forward to

IG Maker:
Pros
- Has literally every system I need built in
Cons
- Very buggy
- Expensive
- Devs seem to have abandoned it