WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=Darken
@slash: Soon we'll replace our instant messaging habits with fictional ones.

Programming some test puzzles though the game isn't really about puzzles. It just so happens that they're the best distractions/variety I can come up with.

That's really cool! I find it pretty hard to work with small color palettes and everytime I do that, I start to make excuses to use more and more colors to the point my game looks carnivalesque.

--------------

I've been working on my second game hoping it doesn't flop like the first, but at least it's pretty fun to work with RM2k3 again, after ~12 years.
Continuing work on the design document for my next game. I wonder if this game will completely forego the original design document like my last one did?
Finally getting some solid stuff done on that Two Strangers Fan-game. Played through the second one today, got some solid ideas on what to incorporate into mine, taking my original ideas into account as well.
It's been kinda slow however, since I've been battling a cold lately and my focus is a bit off. Using a draft-mapping technique seems to be helping a lot however.
Working on designing new enemies for my game. Coding an ABS is so much fun, I find designing enemy mechanics, movement and attack patterns with this kind of battle system so much more fun than a traditional RPG game where it's just movesets and mechanics
Finally got around to implementing the Steal skill. You activate it in a submenu and it will highlight the possible targets (only NPCs who actually have something you can steal). Then when you try to "talk" to them it will instead open the Steal window where it shows you the items and your success chance. Failure will usually set your reputation with that NPC to 0.

Colors in the gif are a bit screwed up, but you get the idea.

coming up with visual fx, idk not really gamedev
Drawing graphics. I feel like 70% of my game development is drawing graphics... not that I'm complaining or anything :D
author=orange-
Drawing graphics. I feel like 70% of my game development is drawing graphics... not that I'm complaining or anything :D

They're damn nice and superb looking though! Keep doing your thing :)
Thanks man! :D I enjoy making the graphics the most in game development so it's not an issue. I'll probably try to become just a graphics guy later on with future projects.
I'm currently working on an SRPG fashioned after Fire Emblem. It's going surprisingly well, though I don't know when the next snag will hit. For now I'm trying to make the game look pretty. I made what I think is a gorgeous opening scene for the game.

The only issue right now is a lack of a proper name! I haven't figured out what I'm going to call this game. Or a basic plot, or really any characters. I wanted to make sure all the mechanics worked lol.

author=orange-
Thanks man! :D I enjoy making the graphics the most in game development so it's not an issue. I'll probably try to become just a graphics guy later on with future projects.

Graphics are the most fun thing to work on! Maybe it's just because I'm not very artistic, but when I manage to make a sprite that looks half-decent, even if its an edit, or a UI element, I feel an immense level of pride. I envy people who have a strong knack for the artful side of game development.

edit: Is there any way to get the video under the hide tag? I figure it takes up a lot of room, but the hide tag doesn't seem to be doing anything to it.
author=Cazic
Finally got around to implementing the Steal skill. You activate it in a submenu and it will highlight the possible targets (only NPCs who actually have something you can steal). Then when you try to "talk" to them it will instead open the Steal window where it shows you the items and your success chance. Failure will usually set your reputation with that NPC to 0.

Colors in the gif are a bit screwed up, but you get the idea.

This looks really dope!
Here's a list of the attacks and spells from the main PCs of my JRPG project:

Jean

Beast Saber: A quick Succession of sword swings followed by springing back and performing a dashing diagonal upwards thrust, dealing moderate damage. Single target sword magic attack lvl 5/10
Death From Above: Jumps up high in the air and performs a double somersault before plunging downwards striking the ground with his blade releasing a small explosion doing damage to all enemies in a close proximity. AOE sword magic attack lvl 10/15
Dance of Blades: Dashes across the screen in a zig zag pattern dealing a mighty sword strike to all enemies on the field. Screen wide sword magic attack. Lvl 15/20

Lillian

Mercy Hymn: Sings a song of prayer to the goddess for mercy healing a single ally. Single ally 15%HP restore.Start with.
Cleansing Staff: Channels holy magic through her calling the favor of the goddess on the ally removing status ailments. Starts with.
Prayer of Protection: Offers a prayer to the goddess to send her light onto the granting strength and resistance. Single ally attack and defense buff. Lvl 5/10
Light Wall: Summons a reflective wall of divine light around the party making them highly resistant to physical and magical attacks. Lvl 10/15
Holy Field: Calls upon a calming wave of magic to wash over the allies greatly restoring health. Party wide 30% HP restore.
Divine Blessing: Calls upon the blessings of the goddess to watch over and protect the target; making them immune to status ailments while buffing defense and restoring HP. Single ally status immunity, 10% HP restore and defense buff. Lvl 15/20
Ressurection: Beseeches the goddess for a miracle reviving the ally and strengthening them for the battle to come. Single ally revival at 30% total HP with attack and defense buff. Lvl 20/25

Spells:

Shocker: Calls a small personal field of electricity to encapsulate and electrify the target doing Moderate damage with a 30% chance of paralyzing them. Single enemy thunder magic mage Start.
Scorcher: Fires a giant fireball toward the enemy that explodes into flames on contact doing moderate damage with a 25% chance of causing burn, lowering attack by 5% and dealing 3% damage per round. Single enemy magic attack mage Start
Brainfreeze: Causes a minir synapse snap in targets brain affecting muscle functions confusing the target. Singke target magic attack 100% confusion chance for Level/5 rounds. Mage Start
Flurry: Summons a brief but powerful flurry of snow along with powerful bitter winter winds, dealing moderate damage with a 5% chance to freeze enemies for Level/5 rounds. Screenwide magic attack mage Lvl 12/15
Dark Omen: Summons an only nigh impregnable blackness to cover an areamaking it nearly impossible for enemies to see. AOE blindness status, enemies have a 50% chance to miss attacks.mage lvl 12/15
Blankout: blocks the targets mind and souls from being able to perceive or comprehend magic. Single enemy silence spell, cancels magic for level / 5 rounds. Lvl 15/18.
Stone Rain: Summons a rain of stones to fall out of the sky, striking enemies in a certain area doing moderate damage with a 15% chance to inflict stone status. Lvl 15/18
Blizzard: Summons a raging blizzard to blow across the field doing significant dmamge to all enemies with a 25% chance to freeze enemies for Level/5 rounds. Screenwide magic attack. Mage Lvl 15/18
Thunderblast: calls down a mighty thunder and lightning storm damaging all enemies in a given area for significant damage with a 10% chance of paralyzing all enemies. Mage Lvl 15/18
Boulder Dash: Calls giant boulders ti till across a straight line dealing significant damage to all enemies with a 20% chance of inflicting stun preventing them acting for level / 5 rounds. Mage Lvl15/18
Inferno: Creates a blazing inferno to consume the entire field inflicting significant damage to enemies with a 10% chance of inflicting burn for lvl / 5 rounds. Mage Lvl 20
Meteor: calls fourth a giant meteor from the sky to strike the earth greatly damaging all enemies. Screen wide magic attack mage lvl 25

More to come later.
Trying my hand at some Spriting. Weapon icons and sprites for the two last PCs as well as tests for Yasmine and Melissa:

Working on the next game in Exile's Journey universe. I'm using RPG Maker MV. I am absolutely loving it so far. So far, I've found it possible to implement every ambitious feature I've planned. Things that would have taken tons and tons of work in RPG Maker 2003 are easy as pie to do now thanks to the fact that I can use code anytime.

For example, one big I problem I had in RPG Maker 2003 is that it's support for variable pointers was very limited. Obviously, this isn't the case in MV, because even if it's not an option in the events menu, I can just insert a code to reference any variable I want or store a text string. I am so looking forward to releasing more info about my next game.
The next demo of Termina is very close and I'm working on the little stuff that's been left unfinished and geeeeee.... Just how many days can I sink in the little stuff? I thought I'd be done in a couple of afternoons, but I've been working a couple of weeks non-stop lol.
author=orange-
The next demo of Termina is very close and I'm working on the little stuff that's been left unfinished and geeeeee.... Just how many days can I sink in the little stuff? I thought I'd be done in a couple of afternoons, but I've been working a couple of weeks non-stop lol.

Don't underestimate the little stuff! I find that doing little stuff is what makes time fly by. Sometimes I'll open up the editor just to work on a few maps and make some small adjustments, and before I know it, 5 hours have passed.
@dethmetal, yeah no kidding. I got some serious problems in estimating the amount of work different things take. Although my last minute additions were day and night cycle as well, so it's questionable what I consider little stuff...
Well... I made Squirrel Legacy. It's a mostly stock RPGMaker game. It's not bad. I have to go back and do a combat balance.

Also chewing on Squirrel Legacy 2: Children of the Nut. A slightly more ambitious project. Kinda burning out on filling in the content on the date system.

And this thing, I thought was neat.

i had the most intense rm2k3 nostalgia that i had to download it (from steam) and create this title screen for an imaginary project.

This is getting my gears going though, and I'm already planning out a small game so we'll see where this takes me

EDIT: every title screen needs a secret cheat mode
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet

a e s t h e t i c s