WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Am about 75% of the way finished for environments and for Act 3 (out of 5) for a game I've been working on for nearly a decade. Progress has been in bursts and spurts over that period, going on hiatuses now and then. I'm sure you all know the feeling.

But I've come up with a workflow that is really working for me, and I am committed to finishing it this year... I think I can do it by the end of September. I've had an outline since the beginning, and it's wild to see more of it coming to life all these years later. It's an action RPG, somewhere between Link to the Past (general game flow and dungeon exploration), Diablo (three playable classes with unique abilities, and Super Metroid (acquiring abilities over time that reward backtracking)

Basically my plan is enemy design for the act (2 or 3 tiers each, per act), then map design which hopefully utilizes them well. Once all this stuff in place, then I'll do all the boss encounters, then finally the dialogue and sidequests. For me, it helps to stick to one or two game design elements at a time to keep up the pace and stay sharp.
Back to drawing graphics... This time I'll try something different. I'll try to rush all the areas done in a rough style and then go back to fixing and polishing everything once I know the full scale of the game.
I’m making good headway on a boss rush style JRPG. I’m going to test out the first major boss this week and if it still feels good I may actually continue working on it.
I'm working on a game series called The Joey Shepard Chronicles! It is a comedy horror RPG like Earthbound Halloween Hack, which UNDERTALE was inspired by, and it also has a theme like Ed Edd n Eddy and has humor like South Park.
I'm slowly working on 2 games using Pixel Game Maker MV.
A whimsical platformer that sort of resembles Kid Chameleon.
And a Castlevania game.
I'm finishing up a pretty big dungeon in the midpoint of my game. It's a snowy, ashy, red and gray mountain. The boss at the peak is going to key in the Epic Boss track for the firs time, so that's exciting!
I'm working on O.N.I. - Skydancer Part II. In the meantime you can enjoy the first game :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6A3llDsX0&t=316s

Just made some changes to my menu and added a new scrolling background with some effects instead of the old former bg.

Not sure if it looks better as a scrolling or static image yet.
The scrolling background is subtle and atmospheric. Works very well. You even made the faceset blink – now that's a nice touch. On the other hand I'm not so sure about the "vital signs" animation which, drawn in such a fast and jagged pace, distracts attention.

I was ruminating on a concept of a castle siege game. The player would be in charge of organizing archers & knights around your castle, allocating them to different locations and fending off enemy attacks. At the beginning, you could dismiss some of your soldiers in order to make your supplies last longer. The gameplay would be less centered around single combat encounters but rather in strategizing so that you would endure the siege in the long run. Each soldier had his own strengths and weaknesses you had to consider in order to put up an optimal defense against the enemy. A crafting system would be simple and straight to the point – scavenge some scraps from your fallen enemies for your smith to fletch arrows, repair armor etc.

I had the layout of the castle fully mapped – composed of tight corners and small rooms contributing to that claustrophobic feeling of being under siege. I felt the (slightly drab) Aretha 2 castle tiles and sprites had a great look for the style I had in mind.

In the end I couldn't come up with a way to create the logic behind the system of shuffling npc's around different "spots" in the castle. With at most 20 people who could be shuffled around (and having for example 3 knights guard the west wall would lead to different gameplay results and approaches by the enemy as opposed to there having been 3 archers etc) would just take thousands of variables to manually implement. I could purge the max number of soldiers to only a handful, or I could make the position of my soldiers more static to make it manageable, but that would probably limit the player's agency too much.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Legion Saga DX stuff (doing quite a few tileset edits, remaps, and other things just to punch up the quality of my old stuff). Did some eventing and playtesting as well. Trying to get everything just right.

2k3 REFMAP stuff (feeling nostalgic yet again lel but I think I might use them in Solitary's revamped story...)

Commission stuff

Nessy stuff (shhh it's a secret atm!)
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
My jam entry. I like how it's going so far. I made an SMS conversation for the intro.

Any comments and suggestions welcome. Except for anti-aliasing, cuz I don't have the artistic chops for that.

(Also note I'm using one of those sweet RMN tunes for the title, which is not shown because the video starts in the title's fadeout).

This is a preview of some of the outfits and armors which will be obtainable in my yet undisclosed project. Almost all of these have their walking graphics finished. Though this isn't a complete set of all obtainable attire, I still have 8 more which require these graphics to be made in addition to the walk around graphics. That's what I'm working on!
author=KoopaKush
Just made some changes to my menu and added a new scrolling background with some effects instead of the old former bg.

Not sure if it looks better as a scrolling or static image yet.

Really digging the background and I concur on the blinking. Looks great. The vitals are a distraction though. I actually tried adding something like that to my first version of my menu basically as a space filler, and it didn't work for me either.
Kiiiinda aaaalmost finished with my generic RTP project Tales of Legends. Pretty keen to work on my other not-so generic as AF projects though, to be fair, I hadn't touched RPG Maker in years and only bought MV ~last year so ToL was a re-introduction to the engine of sorts.

I want to work back on Arid Abysm/Shinobi Bill but I had an idea for a game where you play as meathead knights who like to punch things/frown upon using weapons.
Gretgor
I'm working hard on the jam game. Taking some time off my research for the time being because I can't bear to look at it anymore. I'm planning out the tutorial for one of the game's core mechanics (i.e. picking up and placing objects around the scenery). Right now, it contains a massive tooltip whenever you pick something up, and I believe that might get annoying after a while.

Thank God for Cherry or whoever decided to include variable-determined picture IDs on RM2K3's official release. You know that cute item menu I posted on the other thread? Yeah, that would be orders of magnitude more annoying to make on the original RM2K3.
I'm trying to make a psychological horror JRPG using the default assets. It starts with a fetch quest like any other classic RPG, but the object in question leads to a world of revolutions and madness. Currently in pre-alpha stage and has a demo.
Features:
-A spin on classic RPG tropes
-Shock values
-Default assets
-Freudian imagery, lots of them
-A 900-year old virgin
-Broken maps
I might keep working on it if I receive enough encouragement. Thank you.

Gretgor
author=NihonViolett
I'm trying to make a psychological horror JRPG using the default assets. It starts with a fetch quest like any other classic RPG, but the object in question leads to a world of revolutions and madness. Currently in pre-alpha stage and has a demo. (...)

I think your idea is pretty neat. I like the idea of a spooky JRPG. Also, the usage of default assets is not bad per se, as the VX assets look pretty nice as they are.

With that being said, is this your first project? If so, you might want to keep it small. How long do you intend it to be?
author=Gretgor
I think your idea is pretty neat. I like the idea of a spooky JRPG. Also, the usage of default assets is not bad per se, as the VX assets look pretty nice as they are.

With that being said, is this your first project? If so, you might want to keep it small. How long do you intend it to be?

It is my first project indeed. I'm planning something that can be beaten in 2-3 hours like Re:Kinder. And thanks for the encouragement!
Update: I made a working prototype of the game I was talking about. It can be found on itch.io: Descend

Feel free to fool around with it and criticize!
Any input is much appreciated!