WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=Giznads
These modern sprites are rad, dude.
You've got my follow on Twitch. I'll tune in to see some editing.

Thank you Giz!!

Also...
Would anyone off-hand know where I might find RPG Maker 2003 shadows (the charset variety)? I'm trying to add some more lighting to my overworld map and I can't remember any games that might have them...

Working on a mostly-event-based TBS. I'm happy with what I got so far. The red haired guy is player controled, and the blue cap guy is AI with working pathfinding. The move range is adjustable. Now I just need to test targeting.
Working on revamping my old game Nihilo.
New CMS, new title screen, new maps, and completely revamped battle system.

Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
author=Giznads
Working on revamping my old game Nihilo.
New CMS, new title screen, new maps, and completely revamped battle system.

Looks sweet as heck! <3
For anyone who likes twin stick shooters, kick-ass chiptunes and something challenging: you'd probably like my PGMMV game, Coma State Eden.

Here's what I've updated into it recently. Visually improving the game's first boss and other things.

This is the rpgmaker.net page for Coma State Eden.
Some battle system features in progress. (Not a final product)

Entering battle...

Enemy special attacks...

Unison (team) special attacks... (low frame-rate gif due to length)

Boss death animations...
author=calunio
Working on a mostly-event-based TBS. I'm happy with what I got so far. The red haired guy is player controled, and the blue cap guy is AI with working pathfinding. The move range is adjustable. Now I just need to test targeting.

is that a plugin or did you code that yourself?
Gretgor
Heck yeah! I'm done with the endings to Matchmaker Carol. Now all I need to do is test the whole game a quadrillion times to iron out any flaws I find along the way, and make sure the game is relatively bug-free.

Good thing it is short, otherwise this would take forever and ever.

EDIT: a few minutes in, and I've already discovered an absolutely BRUTAL softlock in the temple of the Goddess. Good thing nobody ran into it before I did!
Before I came up to work for the weekend (without my laptop) I was building the horse racing minigame for Goodkin. It's ready except for the payouts and some final details. But the player can easily bet on any of the 12 horses to finish in any place; 144 options. Odds are clearly displayed and are based off actual testing of races instead of going off what rm2k3 theoretically should do based on chance. Player watches the race in real time. Going to spice up yhr graphics a bit (give each horse face more personality) and implement the condescending bookie.
Introduction: I like to watch the long railway quietly by myself, and it seems that the twists and turns can
GAMMAK
Gretgor
So, since my egg hunt project that I will be doing outside of the Seasons jam (I will need that time to work on my thesis) will involve more action than my other games so far, there are tons and tons of different states and animations the player character can be in at any given time. And that, in turn, can lead to copious amounts of bugs of the "get stuck in a particular animation state" or "become unable to do certain action" type.

So, in order to organize my ideas better and try to avoid this kind of bug taking place, I created a spreadsheet detailing all animation and state changes that I intend to add to the game.

My question now is: is this actually me organizing my thoughts, or is it me procrastinating while telling myself I'm doing work?
@Gretgor
Nah, I think that's a great way to keep stuff in check, it's easy to forgot or miss things when trying to plan a detailed system! :)

Aside from my main project Shadow Seeker, I just finished working on an animated title screen for a side project of mine called HavenTale.
This game won't see production until a good ass while lol I just wanted to make a title screen for it nevertheless :D

Gretgor
author=KoopaKush
@Gretgor
Nah, I think that's a great way to keep stuff in check, it's easy to forgot or miss things when trying to plan a detailed system! :)

Aside from my main project Shadow Seeker, I just finished working on an animated title screen for a side project of mine called HavenTale.
This game won't see production until a good ass while lol I just wanted to make a title screen for it nevertheless :D
(...)

Dang, this looks good! I'm assuming it's gonna be a lot more whimsical and relaxed than Shadow Seeker?
author=Gretgor
Dang, this looks good! I'm assuming it's gonna be a lot more whimsical and relaxed than Shadow Seeker?

Thank you very much! Ha yes, waaay more! This is actually going to be a strategic Card game along the likes of Hearthstone sort of,
based on the world and characters from my previous game, Lakria Legends :D
After the release of our Alpha 1, we've recently switched art direction for the characters to a drawn version that are two tiles tall, rather than one.

The new characters we've made look good, but now seem a little out of place in the RPG maker pixel art world, so we may be doing drawn parallaxing over the levels now.

It's funny how new ideas and directions can snowball into a lot more work! Hopefully it will pay off as a appealing visual for the player!

Making 3d models with pixelart textures on them.
(3d software screenshot, so default shading for now.)
Sorry for the maaaany objects with no textures at the moment.

Afterwards it will be imported into the game engine and get a pixelart toon shader instead of the default shader.

Just noticed that it goes way faster making 3d models and add my pixelart as a texture than just go full 2D, I was making pretty big tiles...
Gretgor
author=ellenor
Making 3d models with pixelart textures on them.
(3d software screenshot, so default shading for now.)
Sorry for the maaaany objects with no textures at the moment.

Afterwards it will be imported into the game engine and get a pixelart toon shader instead of the default shader.

Just noticed that it goes way faster making 3d models and add my pixelart as a texture than just go full 2D, I was making pretty big tiles...

Not gonna lie, this is a great idea, but it sounds like a looooot of work. Merely thinking about all the work it's gonna be to line everything up makes me feel lazy.

Still, I hope everything turns out great!

@Giznads: Damn, you're a machine. Everything looks so good.

@ellenor: Have you heard of Crocotile 3D? It may streamline your process and help you do what you want to do. It's specifically built for building 3D geometry using 2D sprites/tiles.
@Gretgor
It is actually pretty easy, But I'm in a team so the work does not feel so heavy for me. I do none of the programming neither do I organize the stuff. That "fun" goes to the team programmer. When it comes to line up I just make it snap to the grid so it feels easy enough for me. ^^

@Kaempfer
It would not work for us, I'm making models that will later be rendered by a custom made pixelart shader. And the shader depepend on the 3d models to be detailed enough to create the result we want. Like this type of shader.

Crocotile3d results looks very flat so it would just not work with our shader.

Thanks for the suggestion though!