RECRUITING HELP ON YOUR PROJECT

Pages: 1
In my opinion, if you are going to recruit people to help you with your game, you are going to need a very solid demo to generate interest. But I am curious, even if you have a demo, do people really jump on-board? Has anyone here ever successfully recruited game making help from other people they didn't already know?

-CM
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
If you're talking long-term assignments like writer, artist, programmer, etc., you could start out as a team effort, assuming you know your potential colleagues semi-well enough and you like what they've done so far. Recruiting people mid-way through a project would probably lessen their overall devotion to the work and thus the amount of effort they put in, because it's still your project, not theirs.
Yay...oh wait, this is a different topic. But it's about the same thing basically.
Well I hate to ask ppl for free help, maybe because I am married ang have to work to pay bills, buy stuff and yet got my own project and I try to project in my mind that others have similar flow of activities, maybe for being proud and not wanting to feel I owe someone for something, but certainly because if I want help, I want the person helping me to put their heart in to it and motivate then, so I offer anything within my abilities, mostly pixelart though since it is the best I can offer.

Other than that, you can take a look at other ppls interests, for example: Me, I do some stuff for free here and there on sci fi projects, it is my main interest, I love starships, mechs, androids and all that and I would love to have a lot more games following those than the usual villager boy picks sword and fights evil emperor who burnt his village.

However as I said I am busy, so if anyone gets my free help I expect PATIENCE, that is important and many ppl lack it. I understand my clients demanding stuff, asking for regular updates and giving me deadlines, but not on something I am helping out for free :)

Other than that just be nice, it helps with everything in life, if someone denies you, just reply nice and politely to them, who knows if in the future they might not be busy or get an interest on your project once you have advanced more, or even they might tell their friends that you need help... like I do sprites and I know other spriters, same goes for coders usually.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
post=Link_2112
Yay...oh wait, this is a different topic. But it's about the same thing basically.

yea i was wondering about that a little myself
Hm, thanks for the feedback. I suppose that makes sense that people will like to have a joint project from the get go instead of working on someone else's project. Yes, patience and politeness are essential. I have helped out little bits with other people's projects as well, and I don't like to be rushed either.

-CM
If you have helped in other ppl projects you already got sympathy from some ppl, If for example, I were one of those I´d promptly try to help. In fact whenever I stay up in the community I try to give little helps to ppl anyway like some charset or even chipset edits or even mapping here and there.

Good luck with that :)
post=Cardboard_Master
Has anyone here ever successfully recruited game making help from other people they didn't already know?

Only people whose project was already good/popular before they started recruiting.
Valkyrie Stories is a perfect example.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
You don't need a team.

What you need is a support group. Don't get a writer, get somebody to look over your writing. Don't get a dedicated artist, find somebody to clean up your edits. You get the drift.
post=heisenman
post=Cardboard_Master
Has anyone here ever successfully recruited game making help from other people they didn't already know?
Only people whose project was already good/popular before they started recruiting.
Valkyrie Stories is a perfect example.

Not really, I posted asking for help (I offered spriting in exchange though, but still no known project) and GRS offered to work on my custom visuals for battle in rm VX. Aside my offer I think the point was having a detailed description of what I needed with mock ups, examples and all graphic assets needed to him to work right on the help topic.

Also seem many ppl getting help in the help section for doing decent posts :)
Yeah yeah, thanks guys. Support Group makes sense Craze.

Stupid question, but where should I upload stuff? Like I altered a waterfall graphic I would like to share. Should I use the locker? Some file sharing program?

Thanks

-CS
There is a resource museum here: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/1527/

It is basically a place to upload your resources, if you're willing to share.
Pages: 1